Please New Lightsaber animations (SWG) style

Bluequicksilver

Being a jedi guardian I notice besides saber throw and maybe 1 or 2 saber move animations are really lame and what bioware doesn't realize that was one of the coolest aspects of SWG and being a jedi, the jedi animations weren't just poke,poke ,jab,jab . The saber animations involved the jedi's twirling and doing 180 degree ,360 degree saber animations while hitting your target the need to implement this bad I will post the link what im talking about ,its a youtube video on how firkin cool the saber animations were in SWG and I think it would bring back a lot of old SWG fans back,heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7y14UVD80A, yeah they were awesome compared to this games saber animations ,please bio-ware add new animations ,and fand spread the word

Yes, now look at the animations when 2 Jedi attack each other in SWG...that's right the animations just go through one another. Look at TOR...A Jedi and Sith fighting are actually clashing lightsabers, parrying and dodging one another. The animations in TOR feel more fluid and real because the enemy, even another player, is reacting as a real person and blocking...not having animations firing off without reaction.

Wow, I've never played SWG but holy damn that video alone makes this game look even more kiddy than it already is.

I support the OP, but for that to work it seems like they'd have to completely overhaul the entire class system into something non-kiddy, because so far the way it works is that you use like 3 abilities over and over as part of a "rotation". No matter how cool the animations for those abilities are, it's gonna get stale real fast.

This is even worse the stronger your opponents are. Once again you have 3 abilities, and let's say they have cool animations, You're going to get sick of them when you have to use them so much on the same opponent.

So yeah, good suggestion OP, but it can't stand on its own. You'd have to de-kiddify the whole combat system first.

They should have had different lightsaber animations based on the form used. But they prefer to use flashy effects that make no sense to conceal the severe lack of variety in animations.

Jedi Academy is quite an old game and is still the game that portrayed lightsaber combat the best.

The lightsaber and melee animations in general do kind of suck. Especially the base default swing. Swatting flies there Mr. Highly Trained Jedi? The special attacks look cool though.

As for the second post in this thread.... What game are you playing? Because in my TOR I see the lightsabers going through each other and even through the NPC/PCs all the time.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.