Rough draft of our three questions!

mfourcustom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer: My views are from a PvP PoV.

I agree on having the last question be about burst instead of an execute. Not only is burst more important to have, but if you look back at pre. 2.0 when we actually had burst, did we need an execute? No, not really. That would have been overkill. An Execute wouldn't fix the issues we're having at all.

Edited by Luxidenstore

Obviously a raid full of Operative DPS might not be ideal, and I would expect people to have a ton of trouble for not diversifying, but that is not what I mean by "any composition".

Well, other than all being melee, they'd probably do fine. Operatives do pretty sick DPS these days, though there's still a stigma from pretty 2.0.

Other:

With the nerfs to assault spec in 2.0 and the redesign of the top tier talent assault plastique the vanguard community feels that vanguard DPS is now suffering heavily in PVP lacking burst, is there anyway in the near future the assault spec weaknesses and the overall weaknesses of the spec could be addressed so assault vanguards could stack up to other DPS classes like guardian smashers and infiltration shadows?

So this is fine if we want them to continue with the model of Pyro/Assault being burst and AP/Tactics being sustained. I mean even now when you go attack a dummy Pyro/Assault is still the most bursty of the two specs... So having that be corrected would put us back into the correct overall concept of the two trees.

Again, I was totally fine with no survival when we could tear through a healers health pool like it was tissue paper. People had to focus us down, and that created a sense of balance. Perhaps we had too much pre 2.0 but with burst where it is at now, there is no way to rip someone's face off.

Well, other than all being melee, they'd probably do fine. Operatives do pretty sick DPS these days, though there's still a stigma from pretty 2.0.

I just meant because you have all the same class. I was just trying to pick something that was "normal" on the DPS scale that wasn't OP (like a raid full of snipers... which was almost required pre-dread guard nerf). Wasn't meant to be an attack on their class or anything, just stating that we should all be unique enough that people WANT us, without that uniqueness being a requirement.

Other:

With the nerfs to assault spec in 2.0 and the redesign of the top tier talent assault plastique the vanguard community feels that vanguard DPS is now suffering heavily in PVP lacking burst, is there anyway in the near future the assault spec weaknesses and the overall weaknesses of the spec could be addressed so assault vanguards could stack up to other DPS classes like guardian smashers and infiltration shadows?

I get that the assault nerfs severly hindered assault's damage/kill potential on what was a pretty popular spec. Is there any reason that this question could not somehow include tactics? Simply put, without a buff to burst, tactics will never be taken seriously outside a few enthusiasts. Before you know it, the game might be very much like pre 2.0, with any non assault specced vanguards shunned for pvp.

Edited by af_raptura

I know there are a lot of problems with the Vanguard DPS trees, but I'd like to see a question about Vanguard PvE tanking somewhere in the mix here. In my opinion, the need another defensive cooldown to compare to Shadows and Guardians. Healing two Vanguards in Nightmare Mode Content is not very fun... Guardians have Saber Reflect, and Shadows have Resilience, both of which can break some fights in the game. What do Vanguards have? Nothing. They have to brute force their way through fights, along with the healers. Edited by Thorriin

I know there are a lot of problems with the Vanguard DPS trees, but I'd like to see a question about Vanguard PvE tanking somewhere in the mix here. In my opinion, the need another defensive cooldown to compare to Shadows and Guardians. Healing two Vanguards in Nightmare Mode Content is not very fun... Guardians have Saber Reflect, and Shadows have Resilience, both of which can break some fights in the game. What do Vanguards have? Nothing. They have to brute force their way through fights, along with the healers.

I understand your concerns. Unfortunately, we have to pick 3 questions and currently the dps trees are struggling much more, while Vanguard tanks are at a better spot.

I recommend you to take a look at the [Class Rep] thread in the Powertech forum. They noticed the lack of a tanking question and will quite certainly do something about it when it's their turn. If you have any information/suggestions to share, feel free to post there.

I know there are a lot of problems with the Vanguard DPS trees, but I'd like to see a question about Vanguard PvE tanking somewhere in the mix here. In my opinion, the need another defensive cooldown to compare to Shadows and Guardians. Healing two Vanguards in Nightmare Mode Content is not very fun... Guardians have Saber Reflect, and Shadows have Resilience, both of which can break some fights in the game. What do Vanguards have? Nothing. They have to brute force their way through fights, along with the healers.

In addition to what math said... I feel I should point out that we are complaining about defensive cool downs in general for our class. Any change in that area would see a boost to tanking. Saber reflect was actually given to the entire jugg class. If we got something like that given to our entire class would this not also solve any of your stated concerns?

Edited by Chickensevil

If I could pose a fourth question after todays PTS patch it would be one of these two.

1) Have you ever played Pyro/Assault? FYI it's the tree all to the right.

OR

2) Why don't you just delete Pyro at this rate?

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's QQ, but after seing the changes today, I'm just so puzzled.... It's.... I can't really wrap my mind around it.