The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Instant 50 or 55

Broskeet

Oh and once again, try rateds for once you whiny little kids. It's not all about gear.

Well, I'm glad this isn't a "Hate Thread" (your words, not mine) otherwise, who knows how you'd be reacting? :p

GW2 has the same thing as GW1 and guess what? It's a piece of junk. Look where Gw2 is right now.

So... let me get this straight: you want to be able to level toons to 55 instantly, for PVP, but you don't want to be able to create a lvl 55 PVP-only toon to fight in arenas against other people who've done the same thing? Good thing we've got that sorted out, I was afraid you might be confused :rolleyes:

By the way, I was actually defending you. But you're right: I do prefer PVE, which is why I think there should be a seperate part of the game dedicated to PVP, where people can speed-level and have fun with their thing without impacting the experience of people who just want to enjoy the game. The reason normal people don't play ranked pvp is because it's full of elitist snobs, as you've so perfectly proven in this thread ;)

Edit: And one more thing: you completely ignored my main argument against your suggestion, which was unlocking skills and gear. You level to 55... great, but you don't have any skills. No problem, you send 300k credits from other toons to the newly levelled toon (I'm not sure exactly how much you spend on unlocking skills over the course of levelling, but it's a hell of a lot). So now you have all your skills. Fantastic. But what will you do about gear? You can't use credits, because all the PVP gear costs warzone commendations, which are non-transferrable. So you're going to go into top-level PVP with sub-par equipment, which means that you'll be a detriment to your team, and as the great PVP fanatic that you so obviously are, that would seriously tear you up inside. And, because you aren't doing anything useful in the PVP matches, you don't get a lot of medals, which means you get very few commendations with which to buy new gear, so you'd spend almost as long gathering commendations and upgrading your gear as you normally would levelling your toon... You see my point?

Edited by Shadowcaper

if you like PVP level by PVP.

it's possible and the XP per match is pretty damn good

They need to improve the bolster system, but pretty much this. Leveling by PvP can be done as soon as you are level ten and can be quite fun.

Put it on the CM for 2,500 CC and then we'll see what the "consensus" is.

It'd still be a no. You notice how when these threads pop up, only like 4 or 5 people actually support the idea, even though the thread reaches like over 100 views? Do you really believe that all those people who didn't reply are in your corner? Because I'm pretty sure a person wouldn't click on a thread and think "Wow, that guy makes an excellent point! I agree with him!" and then just hit the Back button.

Consensus says no. Offering the option will just piss off more than it pleases, and unless you want EA to come back through and "fix" the game, you might just want to remember you're the vocal minority and if you are not pleased with the game, you should seek that certain entertainment elsewhere. Gaming is not about monogamy. It's cool to wander.

It'd still be a no. You notice how when these threads pop up, only like 4 or 5 people actually support the idea, even though the thread reaches like over 100 views? Do you really believe that all those people who didn't reply are in your corner?

Then you have nothing to worry about when it comes out.

I for one totally support this. Sometimes you just want to jump in on a class. But there should be a few requirements so this isn't a common thing. It should be rare.

- Legacy Level 50

- 10000 Cartel Coins (Just so it's more expensive)

I think it would be a great thing to add to the game.

Are you *********** kidding me?

This is basically suggesting you don't play the game at all.

Don't be *********** ridiculous. I have honestly never seen such a stupid suggestion on the forums and that is really saying something.

How about you can just purchase a lvl 55 toon in Kell Dragon gear with all achievements completed? Then you're done with the game and we don't need to hear from you again.

Read this and had to come out of posting retirement.

By far the worst suggestion I've ever seen. Why even bother to play any mmo if you're not willing to play hard and have fun getting to your goal? So you want a free pass? What in the world makes you think you should have it? It's quite simple really. Play the game.. Level up.. . And if you really are into PvP partake in the matches as you make your way to the glorious level 55 and it's pvp.

I know you people are brainwashed by the CM and all, but asking for something like this is just damn moronic.

This is basically suggesting you don't play the game at all.

How about you can just purchase a lvl 55 toon in Kell Dragon gear with all achievements completed? Then you're done with the game and we don't need to hear from you again.

LMAO!!!! Totally agreed.

I have said, "Next people will want the game to level toons for them," as a way to try and shut up a troll on fleet. I CANNOT BELIEVE this is an actual suggestion. :eek: Talk about the "gimme gimme" attitude of recent generations, holy crap.

As the name of this forum illustrates, you are not on the side of that sentence that you think you are.

I know what side I'm on. You, however, seem to be laboring under the delusion that you more important than you really are. You're not, by the by. You are a vocal minority that thinks that you should be able to skip the teeth cutting and just jump right into the deep end. But that is not how the game works, and not everyone even wants it to. You want to play a game where you don't have to level up, there are plenty of other game genres that allow you to do so. But an MMORPG is not one of them. Adding a level cap option cheapens the game and ruins it for everyone. When you ruin the fun for everyone, no one wants to play anymore. And if no one wants to play, then the game suffers greatly. This is not a single player game that you can just cheat to the end. You take the journey, same as everyone else.

I would love to have the opportunity to jump into 55s pvp on several of my toons.

I know people will argue that it would put a lot of players to a lvl where they don't know how to play or use their abilities, but it should be left up to the players to decide whether they want to grind toons for hundreds of hours or jump into the 50s content.

I'm not sure if you are a TROLL or Serious, but just in case you are serious:

NO in big bold RED letters.

What are you smoking? Please share some! MMO's are about the GRIND and playing for hours teachs you how to play your toon class. BW/EA already grossly underestimated the amount of time it takes to level to 50 and then even gave us AWESOME bumps like XP Boosters, Double XP Weekends and Guild XP bonus. Wish I had all those for my first three level 50's (Oh yea w/o SPEED boost on my toon or speeder as well). SUCK IT UP and play the game. Leveling has already been nerfed beyond belief and you want more? LOL all the way!

The last thing i want is someone who has no idea how to play their class queueing up for warzones. You LEARN how to play your class from levels 1-49, so dont try and jump into endgame stuff running around like a fool at everyone elses expense. Edited by Paul_Otto

I'm not sure if you are a TROLL or Serious, but just in case you are serious:

NO in big bold RED letters.

What are you smoking? Please share some! MMO's are about the GRIND and playing for hours teachs you how to play your toon class. BW/EA already grossly underestimated the amount of time it takes to level to 50 and then even gave us AWESOME bumps like XP Boosters, Double XP Weekends and Guild XP bonus. Wish I had all those for my first three level 50's (Oh yea w/o SPEED boost on my toon or speeder as well). SUCK IT UP and play the game. Leveling has already been nerfed beyond belief and you want more? LOL all the way!

Uphill both ways! In the snow!

And get off my lawn!

Would completely ruin the way the game is meant to be played and a dumb idea. People would leave this game and I would also.

You just busted your butt getting 55 or the level cap and here comes some new guy and just buys his way to the top in 2 minutes with cartel coins and that's it? Sorry, but that's a slap in the face with pee down your throat and going number 2 on your whole body while being spit on. It just wouldn't bode well ;)

How about we just give you a nice button beside the cartel market that says "MAKE ME AWESOME!" then dings ya up with all the best gear for w/e class you are for no credits AND gives you a skiff so you can eat your grapes while giving you special privileges to :p

I could understand why somebody would want something like this, so you don't have to level up a character. But....urmm...that's the whole point of an mmo. Wait, instant 55? O_o .... hmm umm I know! How about no.

You just busted your butt getting 55 or the level cap and here comes some new guy and just buys his way to the top in 2 minutes with cartel coins and that's it? Sorry, but that's a slap in the face with <-> down your throat and going number 2 on your whole body while being spit on. It just wouldn't bode well ;)

I don't want this either but that argument is and always has been illogical. Someone buying their way to power doesn't diminish your accomplishment. It doesn't affect your gameplay at all.

The reason i'm opposed to what people call buying power is a thing called skill. If you're in a warzone, flashpoint or operation with me, i want you to know what you are doing. How to play your class. As long as you have the skill, i really don't care how you got the power.

So, no. Bioware do not add insta-leveling. Instead, find ways to make leveling easier and less painful so that those on their 4th run though a world don't have to suffer the same world quests over and over.