trekk cc question

dewayne

i have friend doesnthave time to get her the hardway. due to trying to earn enough money to take care of his family.. i was wondering can i trade the mission from cm to him after the waiting period?

Yes, its been confirmed both CC and legacy bought mission item can be Sold or traded .

http://www.swtor.com/blog/treek-guide-gaining-new-companion

" Note that both versions of the Mercenary Contract can also be traded on the GTN. The non-Cartel Market version will still require Legacy Level 40 to use, so be sure to check which version you are buying before completing the transaction! "

Edited by Akow

i have friend doesnthave time to get her the hardway. due to trying to earn enough money to take care of his family.. i was wondering can i trade the mission from cm to him after the waiting period?

I think so yes, since they speak of "both versions". It must mean the CC version and the Legacy version

Note that both versions of the Mercenary Contract can also be traded on the GTN. The non-Cartel Market version will still require Legacy Level 40 to use, so be sure to check which version you are buying before completing the transaction!

Edited by Icestar

thanks for the help. hopefully this make him alittle happier i know the troubles he having are getting to him.

You can give him the companion for one char, but if he wants to unlock it for all chars it is 700 CC that has to be bought from his own account.

Perhaps look into a CC gift card?

It's nice you want to get your friend a present, but how does he not have time to buy 2100 CC?

It's nice you want to get your friend a present, but how does he not have time to buy 2100 CC?

Oh come on, don't judge. I've known times when I actually had to count how many €s I can spend every day and I didn't have a family to support. Bad times happen. Glad those times are over for me, but some people just aren't as fortunate. :)

Good luck to your friend!

Oh come on, don't judge. I've known times when I actually had to count how many €s I can spend every day and I didn't have a family to support. Bad times happen. Glad those times are over for me, but some people just aren't as fortunate. :)

Good luck to your friend!

If someone can afford a computer to play games on and can afford a high-speed internet connection, "poverty" is not a word which also springs to mind. Obviously, I don't care who spends whose CCs on what. It's simply a matter of curiosity.

If someone can afford a computer to play games on and can afford a high-speed internet connection, "poverty" is not a word which also springs to mind. Obviously, I don't care who spends whose CCs on what. It's simply a matter of curiosity.

My computer I had at that time was a gift from my uncle, my high speed internet connection was being provided by my university for 40€/semester. So it is quite possible to be 'poor' and still have those things. Listen, I don't want to have an argument, okay? I just think that people act on assumptions far too quickly sometimes :)

My computer I had at that time was a gift from my uncle, my high speed internet connection was being provided by my university for 40€/semester. So it is quite possible to be 'poor' and still have those things. Listen, I don't want to have an argument, okay?

Clearly you do or you would not have responded.

And you were so "poor" you were able to attend a university, eh? Did you ever go to Starbucks (or equivalent)?

Clearly you do or you would not have responded.

And you were so "poor" you were able to attend a university, eh? Did you ever go to Starbucks (or equivalent)?

Yes, I did respond, and yes I am also guilty of acting on assumptions sometimes. And I meant argument as in, don't let this get nasty, please? :)

Indeed, I did go to Starbucks. Regurlarly. I worked there. Luckily I live in a country where you don't have to be rich in order to go to university and my salary was enough to pay my bills most of the time.

Edited by leene

Yes, I did respond, and yes I am also guilty of acting on assumptions sometimes. And I meant argument as in, don't let this get nasty, please? :)

Indeed, I did go to Starbucks. Regurlarly. I worked there. Luckily I live in a country where you don't have to be rich in order to go to university and my salary was enough to pay my bills most of the time.

This has wandered far afield, but my point remains: if someone can afford the accoutrements of Western daily life (including but not limited to a computer, a high-speed internet connection, Starbucks and a university education), it would be rather disingenuous of them to cry "Poverty!" Sure, some people have to scrimp and save to put themselves through school, but I have a hunch such folks do not play on-line computer games. Or go to Starbucks. Or do any of the other myriad activities we Westerners take for granted and consider "essentials."

This has wandered far afield, but my point remains: if someone can afford the accoutrements of Western daily life (including but not limited to a computer, a high-speed internet connection, Starbucks and a university education), it would be rather disingenuous of them to cry "Poverty!" Sure, some people have to scrimp and save to put themselves through school, but I have a hunch such folks do not play on-line computer games. Or go to Starbucks. Or do any of the other myriad activities we Westerners take for granted and consider "essentials."

Well, that's why I did put my first mention of the word 'poor' in quotes, because I didn't necessarily want to call myself that (I just have rather limited vocabularies so didn't come up with a better word; sorry for that). I wasn't a customer of Starbucks, I worked there to pay for said university education. That education would've been impossible without a computer and internet connection, so I had that. And you're right, if this game had been out back then I probably would'nt have played it, at least not as a subscriber.

What did we originally argue about again? ;)

You do realize that in some countries higher education is free and is not just for the chosen ones with fat wallets, don't you? Having a computer and a stable internet connection is a MUST in our times, you can't do anything without it less you want to be far behind your peers. So don't just assume, it's unbecoming.

You do realize that in some countries higher education is free and is not just for the chosen ones with fat wallets, don't you?

And I'll wager the citizens of those countries have no problems with poverty as those countries have a well-developed social welfare system.

Having a computer and a stable internet connection is a MUST in our times, you can't do anything without it less you want to be far behind your peers. So don't just assume, it's unbecoming.

Let's tell the people of South Sudan and Bangladesh, to take a couple of examples, that a computer and a high-speed internet connection are necessities. That food and shelter stuff is silly.

Edited by branmakmuffin

thanks for the help. hopefully this make him alittle happier i know the troubles he having are getting to him.

Both versions are tradable... BUT PLEASE NOTE: while you could trade him either version (CM or Legacy) he cannot use the Legacy version unless he is actually legacy 40.

The only version that will do him any good is the CM version. Which by the way, you can give to him or he can buy off the GTN from anyone else.

And I'll wager the citizens of those countries have no problems with poverty as those countries have a well-developed social welfare system.

Trust me, you'd be surprised.

As to the OP i think it would be best to buy him a CC card so he can unlock everything(and still have coins for other shiny things).

Edited by jankiel

No, I don't trust you, at least not enough to just take your word on something like that, especially with no more evidence than "Trust me."

The evidence he's talking about can be found in game.

Every F2P game has a huge amount of players from the more "poor" countries - obviously you're not going to find them on the forums, since 15$ (or 15€) is a lot of money in their local currencies.

Computer prices also scale to the local economies, as do internet access prices - so quite a few have "gaming" computers, which don't even have to be that high-end to run SWTOR.

I think it comes down to your definition of "poor" though, and it's pretty clear from your comments that for you the only definition of poor are those that are constantly one step away from living in a cardboard box. :p

Also, that's a very nice gesture for your friend, OP! I hope it cheers him up a bit.

Edited by Callaron

Right, because you can tell who's "poor" by the fact that they are F2P.

:rolleyes:

Of course.

There is no link whatsoever with the massive influx of Brazillians, Russians and Thai players an MMO sees when it goes F2P - they are just stingy.

Go treat yourself to another muffin and a couple of burgers while enjoying your flawless narrow view of the world. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.