The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Color crystals are cosmetics; let us get them!

There are a number of color crystals that are VERY difficult to acquire, and I just don't understand that. With the latest changes to artifice, most non-Cartel crystals have become very easy to acquire with one group being the exception: War Hero crystals of "normal" colors. Normal as in they were part of the game before the Cartel Market.

Regular Blue, Cyan, and Purple War Hero crystals are exceedingly rare as the schematic comes as a rare drop from the Grade 6 PvP crafting box. As for Magenta War Hero...as far as I know, it doesn't even exist in the game. Then there's the orange-black and purple-black War Hero crystals that require one to have a ranked PvP rating...effectively barring MOST of the PvP population from being able to use them.

As these are just cosmetic items, why be so stingy with them? Why not make them available on the CM to buy, as well as obtainable in game?

It kills me that Cyan is the best looking color crystal for my Jedi Sentinel, but getting a War Hero cyan is basically impossible (I've never seen them on the GTN, and even the forums seem void of them). So I'm stuck using either Silver-Blue or Cyan-Blue, which both look pretty good. But they're no Cyan...

Should be more ways to get crystals period, since they are overpriced on GTN.

Why can't we just buy some basic crystals with comms, like all other mods?

Wouldnt have to be rare colors, could just be green and blue for jedi and red for sith. Just having it would be good. Maybe some crystals like purple or white could require special comms.