Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lowbie Sin PvP help

kennethdale

I dont know if you checked this out before but I would recommend watching Waka's dueling guide for Sin vs Sin. Its pretty informative and has an example of using the AoE taunt so Majinn cant use his mez on him.

http://www.twitch.tv/wifileague/c/1820505

There are other ones as well, yes its pre-2.0 but most of this is still very useful.

I watched several bids and read several guides but ill check that one out too (though tbh atm I'm doing pretty alright). Thanks to your guys' tips I've pretty much singlehandedly won 2 was and have only lost 2 (with the rest being pretty even split between my effort and others). I even got immortal in a voidstar with some good uses of force cloak. The coolest thing I did though was in a Civil War: There was a big fight at mid,but my team got wiped just as I was coming through. 6 pubs and me in stealth at a friendly node. I called for them to zerg grass and I held 6 people at mid from cap for 47 seconds (I know because going in I had 48 on cloak). Yeah, I died but we got grass and won so what does it matter? I've never been able to pull off stuff like that before, so truly thank you all for the advice!

EDIT: Can't seem to get the damn video to work...get about 20 seconds in and it puts an ad up. Well fine, ok. Then the ad ends, the audio for the video resumes but there is a giant black box in front of the video at the bottom of which there is a link to upgrade to Turbo! Wonderful I give up lol

Edited by kennethdale

I watched several bids and read several guides but ill check that one out too (though tbh atm I'm doing pretty alright). Thanks to your guys' tips I've pretty much singlehandedly won 2 was and have only lost 2 (with the rest being pretty even split between my effort and others). I even got immortal in a voidstar with some good uses of force cloak. The coolest thing I did though was in a Civil War: There was a big fight at mid,but my team got wiped just as I was coming through. 6 pubs and me in stealth at a friendly node. I called for them to zerg grass and I held 6 people at mid from cap for 47 seconds (I know because going in I had 48 on cloak). Yeah, I died but we got grass and won so what does it matter? I've never been able to pull off stuff like that before, so truly thank you all for the advice!

EDIT: Can't seem to get the damn video to work...get about 20 seconds in and it puts an ad up. Well fine, ok. Then the ad ends, the audio for the video resumes but there is a giant black box in front of the video at the bottom of which there is a link to upgrade to Turbo! Wonderful I give up lol

That is exactly how you are supposed to play sin ;)

Are you running a darkness hybrid, deception, full darkness? Out of curiosity. But that is so cool to be able to do that.

I was deception at the time at lvl 25. TBH it was a whole lot of luck versus a whole lot of baddies but still made me feel like a god xD was tabbing like a mofo speeding around >< crazy crazy ****.

I have also given Darkness a shot but holy crap it failed miserably. I felt more vulnerable (probably because I lost the boosted stealth) and I didn't put out near as much damage. Haven't tried Madness yet but I think I'll do that tomorrow. Might try recording something for poops and giggles because it is just too much fun to utterly destroy people. I also pulled off my first sap-cap in a Hypergate today. That was a blast. Sap > Start cap > They break to stop me > Cloak > Sap > Cap > Stealth > Murder.

Edited by kennethdale

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this but Evolixe, I could use your input again. I've been mostly lurking over the past week or so and I've noticed a lot of mentions of Darkness in PvE gear. I *have* been running into severe survivability issues when facing more than one opponent and I'm curious whether its worth a shot at 44ish and how you'd spec.... thoughts if you have time?

I'm currently running 0/25/11 and if I had to switch and spec without any input I'd probably go...23/13/0 Or if I wanted to go full on Darkness (though since I can't get Wither until 45 I don't see the reasoning) I'd go 35/0/0

Edited by kennethdale

Your survivability is mostly depends on how you handle yourself and your enemies. Don't fight them directly, play with them, troll them.

Anyways, this is probebly the best spec for you to go at right now:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfrcRzGbRr0zZcM.3

I wouldn't really recommend going darkness dps at all at low level tbh.

Love the phrasing of that...troll them lol. Thats what I feel like I'm doing half the time when I know I won't be able to kill two of them at a node to take it but I just sap them one at a time to break casts and they start to freak out and run around. I'm interested why you would recommend dropping Deathfield as it is by far one of my favorite abilities and has been for a looooooong time. Its uses are so varied from a long range cap-stop, to a finisher on someone kiting me around a corner, to simply putting a little pressure on healers by spiking the 4 idiots dumb enough to stand right near each other. I definitely see the burst potential of going up higher what with Impose Weakness (to be frank that would be suhweeeeet) but losing that utility just seems harsh....I'll give it a shot tomorrow though and see. As always, Evolixe, your input is greatly appreciated :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.