The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Class Specific Companions

I like to pretend that all of the characters in my legacy exist in the same universe or timeline, so when a single companion like the upcoming Ewok is released, it makes no sense to have her be a companion to all of my characters at once. It breaks my immersion. So far I've been able to work around this issue with HK-51, because HK-51 is a droid (reverse engineering/mass reproduction, etc.), but in the future I'd like to see more class specific companions released on the Cartel Market or as part of an expansion.

Note: I'd only like to see this if every class got a new companion at the same time--it is only fair.

it makes no sense to have her be a companion to all of my characters at once

From the developers perspective it makes perfect sense. Just like the guy above said, do you seriously think they are going to create 8 unique companions for every class. Each with its own backstory, voice dialogue, romance options, texture art and all that? when they can just make 1 companion and then CTRL+C, CTRL+V?

In fact i dont think people will be happy with 1 comp for each class, since you have to make the SGR and OGR crowds happy. So with romanceable comps you would probably have to introduce a male and female comp. Unless of course they just keep giving us for companions more droids, more jawas, more wookies, and more stuff that you cant kiss.

that ewok wont make any sense no matter how you put it. Its just rediculous that such a companion gets added since that moon was not even discovered yet.

I'd like to see a single companion, a human forse user getting added for everyone. And through interactions you can decide wether he becomes jedi or sith. For jedi and sith characters, it would be their apprentice or padawan. For others, it would be nice to have a force using companion since they dont have any yet.

The fellow could be found somewhere and could be discovered to be force sensitive. The player could choose to take him under their wing regardless of their class.

Was very disappointed personly that theres not a single male jedi companion in the entire game. somehow they all have to be female. Ones that are male are always sith.