Clipping Bleeds

BaneOfRoju

When looking through Torparse, how do you tell if you clipped your Rupture? Can someone post an example of where one wasn't clipped and where one was?

Thanks

Here is an example of not clipping. See how the Rupture effect fades from the dummy.

Karisa activates Rupture.

~snip~

Karisa's Rupture adds effect Bleeding (Physical) to Operations Training Dummy.

~snip~

Karisa's Rupture effect of Bleeding (Physical) fades from Operations Training Dummy.

Here is an example of clipping. Rupture doesn't fade here, it is reapplied before it has a chance to fade or finish the DoT ticks.

~snip~

~snip~

~snip~

Is there a DPS penalty for clipping Rupture? The only comparison I can think of is Sorc clipping Affliction but since only Crushing Darkness does the initial damage in a comparable way to Rupture but cannot be clipped I can't seem to come up with any sort of penalty for clipping it. Edited by kennethdale

Is there a DPS penalty for clipping Rupture? The only comparison I can think of is Sorc clipping Affliction but since only Crushing Darkness does the initial damage in a comparable way to Rupture but cannot be clipped I can't seem to come up with any sort of penalty for clipping it.

Cutting a dot short reduces the potential damage it could have done but it may be beneficial to other attacks to reapply it so you have to know more.

Thanks for the replies. I'm obviously new to Torparse, but how do you tell which Bleeding (Physical) is from Rupture and what is from Deadly Sabers? Is there a specific amount of ticks that should show up and is it dependent on the number of stacks you have?