Our Lethality vs Operative Lethality

Phyzzyx

I'm still working on a spec that I like for my sniper for PvP, and it's kind of between Lethality or Engineering. The hybrid was fine, but the pures seem to offer more versatility than just high burst damage. That said, I'm also building up an operative, so is there much of a difference in the lethality specs for the class? If so, would you care explaining them?

I'm far from being an expert (having never actually played the class at 50/55), but I believe the biggest difference lies in how their Cull works. They still apply DoTs similar to us, but their filler is a bit different. I believe their Cull is an instant cast with no cooldown, but it requires and consumes the Tactical Advantage buff. As a result, they have some pretty hefty burst at full stacks (especially if they have Stim Boost ready), but it's highly energy intensive. Their filler consists largely of building stacks of Tactical Advantage with Shiv and the Fatality talent as well as energy management, moreso than what is necessary for us from my understanding. The end result is more of a priority/proc based rotation than the fairly solid rotation we have.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that aside from them being melee, they're significantly more mobile (to the extend that you can be in melee) throughout their rotation because of the instant casts, although their gap closer/roll is not quite as strong as the Sniper's (although it can be spammed in emergency at the cost of your energy).

Edited by Synavix

I'm far from being an expert (having never actually played the class at 50/55), but I believe the biggest difference lies in how their Cull works. They still apply DoTs similar to us, but their filler is a bit different. I believe their Cull is an instant cast with no cooldown, but it requires and consumes the Tactical Advantage buff. As a result, they have some pretty hefty burst at full stacks (especially if they have Stim Boost ready), but it's highly energy intensive. Their filler consists largely of building stacks of Tactical Advantage with Shiv and the Fatality talent as well as energy management, moreso than what is necessary for us from my understanding. The end result is more of a priority/proc based rotation than the fairly solid rotation we have.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that aside from them being melee, they're significantly more mobile (to the extend that you can be in melee) throughout their rotation because of the instant casts, although their gap closer/roll is not quite as strong as the Sniper's (although it can be spammed in emergency at the cost of your energy).

+1 cookie!

Appreciate. Is one significantly squishier than the other? I can't exactly tank on my sniper or operative, so I guess it wouldn't be too much difference, but still.

There is nothing I can think of off the top of my head that makes one significantly different than the other, especially in terms of Lethality. Both will die pretty quick in a straight up brawl. Both Lethality trees have reduction in cooldown on Shield Probe (15 seconds off with 2 points) as well as a separate talent that increases the amount it absorbs by 15/30%.

Gearwise both are more or less similar, although I believe in PvP the Operative set has a 1 second duration increase to Evasion, if it hasn't been changed. Also in terms of PvP, Operatives appear far more squishy because of having to be in melee, whereas Snipers have increased range and leap protection.

Both have combat rolls, although I'm not sure if the Operative one works in a similar fashion in PvE for cheesing mechanics (such as avoiding Doom or Titan-6's Launch wave).

Snipers have group bubble, Operatives have stealth out.

Balances out pretty well in the end.

Edited by Synavix

I'm still working on a spec that I like for my sniper for PvP, and it's kind of between Lethality or Engineering. The hybrid was fine, but the pures seem to offer more versatility than just high burst damage. That said, I'm also building up an operative, so is there much of a difference in the lethality specs for the class? If so, would you care explaining them?

Clue only for PvP.

I experimented with let/eng, especially to get interrogation probe. I was plaing it for 3 mth, bu i dropped back to full leth + some marskm defence tricks to get you out of assasins. Interrogation probe just don't pass exam for warzone, its energy conuming, you dont have time to think where you applied it, when and when it ends. Only way make it working same or better than weakning blast is to keep an eye and apply it always when it ends. For me its too hard for warzone overall carnage :)

For PvE, interrogation probe works well :), comparable to weakning blast. You have time and comfort to overlook every of your debuff, so its good especially with bosses

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.