How can i improve my FPS in game?

paowee

This is my CPU-Z http://i.imgur.com/RVAu8Rq.png. I know it is a horribad. I am not good with PC hardware that is why i'm asking you guys online. Also i don't trust those computer salespeople -_-. This is my second PC since 2009 and i heard a guildie bought his in 2009 and hasn't replaced a lot of things since then AND he has 30-40 FPS in 16-man set to all high.

I have 12 FPS in 16-man btw.. Set to low-medium. Please help!

Go to amd.com and download your updated drivers for your video card if you haven't done it yet. This has greatly improved my frames since i haven't updated my drivers since launch. Also, running windows 7 over XP or vista improved my game play too. Edited by Dropadeuce

update all drivers and turn off any unneeded processes running as well as services... you can find info about that online from black viper. Also run a defrag on your hard drive... depending on how badly it is fragmented... it may decrease your game load times. Edited by Anosa

Thanks for the tips.. Any suggestions for the hardware ? maybe could use some upgrades?

More RAM is always good but don't go adding random sticks to any empty slot, make sure all the sticks are the same speed and make sure you keep the sticks in the same channels.

I also highly recommend SWTOR Unleashed, it can make a huge impact to fps in some cases http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=529567

i tried swtor unleashed. i think it ended up crashing my game. not enough RAM :|

How much did you add to the RAM drive? It should be no more than 1gb, which is local apps and/or the diskcache and no more. Also you shouldn't be running any other programs like a web browser or iTunes etc, it's a compromise but if you only use it in a raid or such it may still help.