The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just a few suggestions packs wise.

So I just feel like they need to make more and improve cartel packs. First I think they need to make the pack of 24 packs less expensive. I think they should make more packs in general with more rare items per pack or just better contents. Like seriously I don't want to spend 5 dollars To get crafting materials I could care less about. I think they should make one pack that has all rare items that were in packs that are now expired. Also a pack that cotains three color crystals 1 chance for a super rare and 2 rare crystals. These are just suggestions. Anyone think these are any good?

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely hear you about them having better content for the packs(i would think certain bop would be nice, stuff that would valuable, but not flood market), but your mention of the rare items is where you lost me. Rare items are valuable and expensive...because there are few of them. If you make a bunch of rare items in one pack or drop frequently, then suddenly they're only "rare" in name, not actuality(think all those Gold mount/armors that are dirt cheap; useless for selling. Panteer armor, anyone?)

The thing i disagree most with is the suggestion of making all the old rare items in one pack(effectively, again, killing their rarity). One, that upsets those that spent a lot of credits or CC obtaining those items, because they spent 1-2 mil and the new guys pay 100k for just waiting around (being that this is their second time on market, they would likely sell for less automatically before the increased probability of being in same pack. Who wouldn't buy that over the other packs?). Two, it devalues the vehicles/items people possess or held onto to sell later, decreasing their desirability. Paid 10 certificates on Revan's Mask? Oh yeah, everyone has that. Bought that Pocket Sarlacc for 1 mil to sell later? I just bought mine for 90k. Three, it would hurt the market in the short term as well. People would catch onto the pattern and realize "hey! I can just wait to buy this for dirt cheap later!" Some will buy right away, but others like myself would say "ah i'll wait. I'll get it cheap later."

Tbh, i don't mind the idea of having to have certificates and rep-a lot at that- to buy old items. It puts a significant wall in front of those items so the current market items on gtn and people's personal collections don't lose much value. That said, it would be nice to maybe see more persona benefit for players who buy CM packs without affecting the economy(I think limited cosmetic pack rep vendor is a good step.)

While completionist are important with these items, they aren't the only group who's thoughts are at consideration, as some(many CC-buying, pack-selling players) would love to see packs completely disappear and so increase the demand of the items/packs. It's a balance and generally speaking...unless a player has played from the beginning, plays constantly, and generates/buys significant credits or CC, they'll likely never have everything fully completed(Korrealis mounts and Rakata gear coming back? In the same form/colors, unlikely.)

Edited by pubstarrandi