Dying armor

beattlebilly

• 5 weeks later...

I was unaware that there was a level restriction to dying armor. But, I support this. There are quite a few player-made items that I would love to dye, but can't.

This particular piece is my biggest wishlist, but I also want several other items to be made dyeable.

This would help the market a little by having a slight increase in demand for player-made items, which would boost the economy.

I was unaware that there was a level restriction to dying armor. But, I support this. There are quite a few player-made items that I would love to dye, but can't.

This particular piece is my biggest wishlist, but I also want several other items to be made dyeable.

This would help the market a little by having a slight increase in demand for player-made items, which would boost the economy.

Yea, if it's lvl 15 or below armor that is player made, a drop, or from comms vendors, it can't be dyed. The only ones that are below lvl 15 that can be dyed are non-lore Adaptable Armor from the Cartel Market and Cartel Packs. :( And since there's no higher level armor with a similar skin to the Aspiring Knight's vest, it makes it more of a kick in the rear. I like the way it looks, it dyes beautifully when viewing the dyes, and would love to change the color of it.

Edited by beattlebilly

• 2 weeks later...

I do see the reason why lore items have no dye slots, but I cannot see any reason why level <16 moddable gear shouldn't have dye slots. Especially when some level 7-15 blue (unmoddable) gear does have dye slots. That makes the whole level argument, whatever it should be, totally invalid, as you can wear the orange gear up to level 55, while the level 8 stuff is only usable up to level 12 or so.

Those armor sets use models no other sets do - there are no higher-level versions of them available, they look better than higher level sets that are just re-colorations of the same models, they are not lore items that should be preserved in their original design, they can be upgraded and used up to level 55, they're a vital part of the whole "create your own look" approach.

Please let us dye them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.