• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how Rakata Weaponmaster's Vest would look with dye module today:

Pictures:

http://www.netsky.org/rakata.png

http://www.netsky.org/rakata1.png

http://www.netsky.org/rakata2.png

If you ask me it looks awesome and amazing, i would really like those on my sentinel, whole set.

:eek:

Newest ORICON gear:

http://www.netsky.org/rakataNEW.png

Rakata doesn't look the same as exotech.

Allot of people hated those armors back in the day. Many people including myself who did play at launch and earn those armors trashed them because they were horrible. Granted the dye system changes this in some cases and I wish I had some of those items in my cargo bay now but I never regretted trashing that stuff until I saw them with some of the dye options we have now. I'd wager many others are in the same boat. Though I just accepted it and moved on personally.

Oh and yes, the Exotech, Tionese, Columi and Rakata shells were all the same. The default colors for the textures were different, but the gear did use the same models. The problem is that Exotech shells are BoP just like the higher end versions are.

Edited by Spamfritter

Sigh......another thread created by someone who isn't adept enough at using forums to find the search button. :rolleyes: Everything in this thread has been said and suggested before.

http://i.imgur.com/Z3h2lb1.png

This thread was started over eight months ago. It's on the front page because someone did use the forum search function to add their support to the idea rather than creating a new thread.

To the thread topic: If they're going to bring them back in some form, CM or otherwise, then alright, I can accept the original shells being removed.

But I agree with the general idea that removing content is bad, so if they aren't coming back then I think that when they condensed the tiers of gear for RotHC (which does need to happen, I'm not opposed to compressing the gear progression when there's a level-cap increase), they should have moved the removed gear or at least their shells to the Curator or some other out-of-the-way Vendor for Classic Comms, Daily Comms, or Credits.

That way they wouldn't confuse the straightforward "Classic -> Basic -> Elite -> Ultimate" progression, but would still be available to people after that specific look.

Edited by DarthDymond

This thread was started over eight months ago. It's on the front page because someone did use the forum search function to add their support to the idea rather than creating a new thread.

To the thread topic: If they're going to bring them back in some form, CM or otherwise, then alright, I can accept the original shells being removed.

But I agree with the general idea that removing content is bad, so if they aren't coming back then I think that when they condensed the tiers of gear for RotHC (which does need to happen, I'm not opposed to compressing the gear progression when there's a level-cap increase), they should have moved the removed gear or at least their shells to the Curator or some other out-of-the-way Vendor for Classic Comms, Daily Comms, or Credits.

That way they wouldn't confuse the straightforward "Classic -> Basic -> Elite -> Ultimate" progression, but would still be available to people after that specific look.

This sort of thing comes up allot. Even the fact that it's 8 months old doesn't change this.

Were you playing when they were current? If not, you don't need them.

Did you earn them while they were current? If not, you don't deserve them.

Why didn't you keep them in your cargo? If not, its your own fault.

Well that's not elitist at all is it.

I suspect this is why you dislike recoloured sets too... because some of them are recoloured versions of sets that are no longer available.

And seeing others run around with them is cramping your e-peen... poor soul :rolleyes:

Doubtful. If anything, they should just put those old armor sets up on CC as adaptive armor. Allot easier for them instead of reimplementing those outdated pieces into the tier system we've got in place now.

Ironically, if you played in beta you know that they stripmined a ton of gear sets out of the game at launch and never have put them back. Yet they keep rehashing new versions of the same gear for CM or whatever. Check out the Dark Vendor on Rep Fleet sometime. They left boots and gloves for the Dark Jedi set for whatever reason and never put the rest back in the game. There was an orange version of this as well that never made it back. Had a respirator and everything. Super cool. Sad panda. No reason why this old gear shouldn't be put on a random vendor for basic comms or the shells put in CM.

Better yet, the shells should be made available as schematics so crafters actually can craft shells people want.

Well that's not elitist at all is it.

I suspect this is why you dislike recoloured sets too... because some of them are recoloured versions of sets that are no longer available.

And seeing others run around with them is cramping your e-peen... poor soul :rolleyes:

Apparently you did not read my post on the recolored sets.

Honestly I could care less about this issue, I just find the complaint ridiculous. They had the opportunity to get the gear, and they decided not to keep it. Now they are whining. MMos retire gear all the time, they are acting like Bioware made a personal insult to them.

PS did I mention that that gear was freaking ugly as hell and people complained about it constantly?

Why are people getting in such a pickle about bringing these armours back? If you think they are ugly then just dont craft or buy them IF they return, your eyes are not going to explode from seeing them again and I sure as hell think they are better design choices than some of our current and past armours.

You want to look special # elitist? News flash this is an MMO, those armours were very common when they were around so everyone looked the same, bringing them back will not cause a fashion crisis. I currently have the old Columi and Battlemaster gear on three of my characters and more than welcome them being implemented back into the game.

EDIT: May be they can do something like a special offer on the CM for a day or something just selling the shells?

Edited by Darth_Exar

Apparently you did not read my post on the recolored sets.

Honestly I could care less about this issue, I just find the complaint ridiculous. They had the opportunity to get the gear, and they decided not to keep it. Now they are whining. MMos retire gear all the time, they are acting like Bioware made a personal insult to them.

PS did I mention that that gear was freaking ugly as hell and people complained about it constantly?

Honest mistake, but I still think it's elitist and childish to reason that way.

I only got one toon to 50 before those sets were taken away because I worked long hours back then.

Are you telling me that it's MY fault for not getting more toons to 50 in time?

Honest mistake, but I still think it's elitist and childish to reason that way.

I only got one toon to 50 before those sets were taken away because I worked long hours back then.

Are you telling me that it's MY fault for not getting more toons to 50 in time?

Not any less than it is MY fault for not being around when they sold white / black or black / white dyes. At least one train has left the station for both of us.

Most were butt ugly anyway and, just in case I`d start missing them, I only have ONE set and it`s not even on my 2 agents - it`s on my BH`s Mako. They are happily wearing Unfettered Coats :)

Edited by Styxx

Were you playing when they were current? If not, you don't need them.

Did you earn them while they were current? If not, you don't deserve them.

Why didn't you keep them in your cargo? If not, its your own fault.

That logic sort of falls apart when you have a player that has earned the armor but can't use it with any of their alts.

Said person earned Sith Inquisitor (or whatever) gear with their first Sorcerer character but yet if they make an Assassin there's no way for them to use said gear that they've earned with their Sorcerer.

And don't say something moronic like "What one character earns doesn't entitle another character to it." because the legacy system and cartel market prove other wise. In other words if that were the case you'd have to acquire HK with every single character or rebuy CM armors per character.

PS did I mention that that gear was freaking ugly

Compared to what, the PVP/PVE armor we have now?

as hell and people complained about it constantly?

Yeah and people eventually saw that the old stuff is the lesser of the two evils when compared to the new stuff.

Who the heck would want those winged shoulderpads back? They looked just awful...

My Bounty Hunter looks great with his winged shoulder pads :p

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92470394@N06/13603680963/

as does my Sith Warrior...

https://live.staticflickr.com/3763/13561629083_4b5fc08487_b.jpg

I respect personal opinions, mine is that Force-user Rakata gear just looked awful and did not fit in SW. And I will have that cookie, thank you.

I don't know, the Sith Warrior looks pretty BA right here...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q300/gizgremlin/sithWarrior_fieldRecon_01juggernaut.jpg

...and it's clearly inspired by Darth Vader. Don't know how much more SW you can get than Vader.

Yes, not every set of Rakata gear looked great or looked like something from the movies, but do you honestly think that the PVE/PVP armor sets that came later or what we currently have now is some how way better?

Also I know that the in game version of what I posted above has shoulder pads on it.

Allot of people hated those armors back in the day. Many people including myself who did play at launch and earn those armors trashed them because they were horrible.

Most were butt ugly anyway and, just in case I`d start missing them, I only have ONE set and it`s not even on my 2 agents - it`s on my BH`s Mako. They are happily wearing Unfettered Coats :)

Again, horrible compared to what, the stuff we have now? Like do you honestly think the PVP/PVE armor designs got better as time went on?

I mean they really gave people what they wanted right as in armors that looked more "Star Warsy" and less recolored armors right? That's the way it went and everything is way better now isn't it?

This sort of thing comes up allot. Even the fact that it's 8 months old doesn't change this.

Yeah it's kinda like how player housing threads came up all the time too huh?

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Again, horrible compared to what, the stuff we have now? Like do you honestly think the PVP/PVE armor designs got better as time went on?

I mean they really gave people what they wanted right as in armors that looked more "Star Warsy" and less recolored armors right? That's the way it went and everything is way better now isn't it?

Horrible to what we have now, yes. My BH had serious issues with Rakata and the such, mainly because it was ****. At that time, the only decent choice, IMHO, was the Hydra set. You also had that nice black and red set that you were getting from Taris bonus and onwards, but that was pretty much it in terms of designs and colors, for BH, at least.

I concede that the Agent gear, especially the red one (Columi?) looked good, but even then it was a matter of choice - Scorpion looked so much better, or the whatcha you call it that looked like the PvP one - white (Vendetta?).

Anything else was just rubbish, at least in my opinion. Everybody I knew back then agreed that Tionese / Columi / Rakata looked like **** and we had way too few choices in playing dress-up, even if we were willing to forfeit gear bonuses.

For me, the old gear won`t be missed, because I didn`t manage to find ANY set that would look decent - I even had to buy at the time the black / white Legacy set for my trooper as soon as I was able and the red one for the mara - now I can finally do my mara PROPERLY in Cybernetic 808 :) And the PvP gear, the spikey one (medium - no idea of the name) - you have on Cartel Market anyway.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/39/761/bh_commtech.jpg <-- Who in their right mind would want the old Predator in favor of Hydra, or whatever options for heavy we got NOW?

Bottom line is that I don`t miss any of the old sets. Even if I would, there are PLENTY options to dress in ANY way I choose to, from simple to overly-complicated. And it does sound like we have access to 100 things, but we can`t be happy if we don`t get the 101th one. The ones that had them won`t miss them and the ones that want them are the ones that can`t stand others having them. At least that`s my opinion on this "tragedy".

Edited by Styxx

Horrible to what we have now, yes. My BH had serious issues with Rakata and the such, mainly because it was ****. At that time, the only decent choice, IMHO, was the Hydra set. You also had that nice black and red set that you were getting from Taris bonus and onwards, but that was pretty much it in terms of designs and colors, for BH, at least.

For me thankfully one of the only old BH armors that I like is still acquirable in the game and that's the old 1.2 armor...

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2012/04/18/star-wars-the-old-republic-20120418002536791-3628554.jpg

Same goes for the Trooper...

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2012/04/18/star-wars-the-old-republic-20120418002507678-3628547.jpg

However in both cases they really only look good on a Male Body Type 3.

In both cases the designs fit the classes. They may not be the best BH/Trooper armors, but they're not a stretch and you instantly know what class they're for.

The class that I think has by far had it the worst since launch has been the Jedi Knight because what do you do that isn't already in the game, looks unique, and fits the concept/class? Headgear probably being the most challenging part. It's kinda hard coming up with something that completely covers a JK's face and also make them seem like a Jedi. I think this mainly has to do with the fact that Jedi are supposed to be good, pure, trusting, etc, and it's kinda hard to reflect those things with someone who's rockin a full on helmet.

I concede that the Agent gear, especially the red one (Columi?) looked good, but even then it was a matter of choice - Scorpion looked so much better, or the whatcha you call it that looked like the PvP one - white (Vendetta?).

Yup Vendetta and luckily you can (or at least I was able to) get it off the GTN. Added some gray dye to make it look like an armored version of the Imp uniform. Combine that with a Imperial face mask type helmet and you get this...

https://live.staticflickr.com/7418/8850372214_300e4e82f8_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/7020/13730287175_c96229571c_b.jpg

The only thing is that the PVP version(s) looked a bit cooler due to the extra markings they had them that the Vendetta doesn't.

Anything else was just rubbish, at least in my opinion. Everybody I knew back then agreed that Tionese / Columi / Rakata looked like **** and we had way too few choices in playing dress-up, even if we were willing to forfeit gear bonuses.

Yes but in a sense there's even less variety with stuff being removed not to mention the PVP/PVE sets becoming more and more themed makes each class armor seem less unique from one another.

For me, the old gear won`t be missed, because I didn`t manage to find ANY set that would look decent

See, I loved the a lot of the Sith Inquisitor designs, especially these...

http://www.swtor-fever.com/wp-content/gallery/sith-inquisitor-armor/sithinquisitor-armo02.jpg

http://www.swtor-fever.com/wp-content/gallery/sith-inquisitor-armor/sithinquisitor-armor03.jpg

...because I thought they did a good job of being fancy and scary. They basically looked like Bioware's vision of a Inquisitor when hearing them describe the character/class. Something or someone that could look elegant but creepy.

https://live.staticflickr.com/2875/13561567595_d90afdbf63_b.jpg

- I even had to buy at the time the black / white Legacy set for my trooper as soon as I was able and the red one for the mara - now I can finally do my mara PROPERLY in Cybernetic 808 :) And the PvP gear, the spikey one (medium - no idea of the name) - you have on Cartel Market anyway.

I currently have my mara wearing the Cyber stuff too only combined different Cyber pieces....

https://live.staticflickr.com/3674/13730696133_c652191178_b.jpg

...I also decide to remove the floor grates in my ship for no reason :p

Close up

https://live.staticflickr.com/7258/13730698884_00f614865c_b.jpg

Bottom line is that I don`t miss any of the old sets. Even if I would, there are PLENTY options to dress in ANY way I choose to, from simple to overly-complicated. And it does sound like we have access to 100 things, but we can`t be happy if we don`t get the 101th one. The ones that had them won`t miss them and the ones that want them are the ones that can`t stand others having them. At least that`s my opinion on this "tragedy".

I honestly miss the Sith Inquisitor ones. Would love to make another SI and run through the story looking like that.

I mean this look...

https://live.staticflickr.com/3712/13730287515_6844bb43ff_b.jpg

...has been that of my SI for so long now that I recognize that mask as his face. Like I don't even identify the character with the face underneath as much as I do the mask at this point. It may have something to do with the fact that you/I can still see his jaw moving up and down while talking since the mask (not the circular plate part) is just cloth.

Please Devs from Bioware read threads that are important to players !

Bring back Rakata/ Columi/Tionese Shells. They were all nice looking and would like to wear them once more.

As I sold the tokens for freaking basics ;(

I can't find a person on fleet. nor in my guild who would not like them.

Help us players, sign this topic.

For The Empire !!!

snip

Well, that`s why we don`t agree. Both my BH`s are in Hydra, both my Agents are in Unfettered coats, Mara is Cyber 808, Jugger is some very light armor that I forgot (will post pics), Trooper is black/white legacy set, Vanguard in cyber 808 again, Knight in the new Berserker (CM armor) with some cybernetic helmet on (the one that leaves the mouth free, with a visor and a big cybernetic eye on the left side), Sage is with Luxury Dress (I THINK that`s the name - basically recolor with black of the Social white set from Taris cantina), my `sin has VERY plain black clothing with a VERY simple sword, Scoundrel has Unfettered Coat again.

I think I`m missing some, but those should fit the bill - I never liked overly complicated gear, I HATE capes and all the funny looking gear.

Jugger armor - and she does have the old Rakata :) . Color is with a secondary black :) .

'Sin

You are beginning to see why I don`t like most armors in the game, especially the overly complicated old ones. I also hate hoods with a passion.

Edited by Styxx

Well, that`s why we don`t agree. Both my BH`s are in Hydra, both my Agents are in Unfettered coats, Mara is Cyber 808, Jugger is some very light armor that I forgot (will post pics), Trooper is black/white legacy set, Vanguard in cyber 808 again, Knight in the new Berserker (CM armor) with some cybernetic helmet on (the one that leaves the mouth free, with a visor and a big cybernetic eye on the left side), Sage is with Luxury Dress (I THINK that`s the name - basically recolor with black of the Social white set from Taris cantina), my `sin has VERY plain black clothing with a VERY simple sword, Scoundrel has Unfettered Coat again.

I generally like the stuff that is class specific or seems designed for a specific class or what I think best fits the class/character. That's obviously something that will differ person to person.

For instance to me, the Sith Warrior is a Juggernaut, Male, Body Type 3, Sith Pureblood, wearing the Sith Champion armor. I say male due to multi romance/love triangle they have available to them that females don't. Pureblood because originally Sith Warrior was the only class it was available to and if playing as a Pureblood it is referenced multiple times in your class story while other species aren't. Juggernaut due to you only having one lightsaber in cutscenes + the fact that the story makes the character out to be this raw force of unstoppable power & destruction which sortta ties into him also being Body Type 3 for me. Finally the Sith Champion armor because it looks great/awesome/striking and like Vader (the character the class was modeled after) plus it's only available to Sith Juggernauts and looks best (to me) on Body Type 3.

But again people can make their characters/themselves out to be whatever they want. That^ is just what occurs to me having two Sith Warrior characters.

For reference Sith Champion Armor - https://live.staticflickr.com/7277/13561904824_6cc16fb24e_b.jpg

I think I`m missing some, but those should fit the bill - I never liked overly complicated gear, I HATE capes and all the funny looking gear.

I hate capes too although mainly it's the Medium Armor styled ones that widen out at the bottom like the recent Ancient Infernal armor, which I think would look way better or more appealing if they ditched the cape and really scaled down the shoulder pads.

Series 510 head for my Knight - the one with the Berserker armor.

Everything I have are body type 2 girls with white hair :) Edited above text with screenies of the 2 sets I couldn`t name. Mainly bits and pieces that fit :)

I like simplicity and I don`t care about "lore". Sure, they can`t be TOO far from the "norm", but I won`t look like a bug just because the Sith classes all are dying for capes :)

For me, the Bounty Hunters HAVE to have an armor that looks more or less like Star Wars - Hydra fits the bill perfectly. Everything Agent / Scoundrel has to look "agentsy" - and the Scorpion is too... closed. Unfettered is perfect for them - kinda sexy, kinda coat. Mara because at the time I couldn`t find ANY armor to fit her - Cybernetic looks perfect and matches her name. Same with Vanguard - cybernetic with rifle (black + red set + black red light from the DLA 13 rifle - also cybernetic sets, IMHO, won`t match anything nor rifle / sniper / guns in general). Sage, because it`s, well... a Lady :) .

They too are dressed according to some internal norm, but it`s my norm, not Star Wars :)

Edited by Styxx

please bring back the T/C/R armor! i barely got to see the armor. only juggernaut and sentinel armor. and still i loved both looks. now im watching a dude who has a marauder with that armor. looks too good to be taken away!

didn't miss much. Some of the ugliest armor ever forged.

Compared to what, the amazing current PVP/PVE armors? I mean if you dislike the old armors you must really love the new ones huh?

In what strange world does that logic follow? Why can't s/he think the new PVP/PVE armors look like crap, but the old PVP/PVE armor looked even crappier?

It's perfectly consistent to think that either all the armor in this game has been fugly so far, or maybe that the only good-looking armors have been the ones available on the CM (a fairly common complaint actually).

Edited by DarthDymond

Jugger armor - and she does have the old Rakata :) . Color is with a secondary black :) .

That's one of best looking chest pieces for the SW class which is kind of sad in a way given that you can get it so early in the game. That is in reference to the gear progression you find in most RPGs and MMOs, ie as you get further into the game you find better/cooler looking gear and as such your look is evolving alongside your character as you level. In TOR though none of the mid level gear seems that great on average. A lot of the best stuff is either seen early on, 50 onwards, from Rep Vendors, or the Cartel Market.

I like Wildstar's approach of "let's just design cool stuff through the entire leveling process" rather than just putting all the best stuff at the end of the game the way most MMOs/RPGs do.

You are beginning to see why I don`t like most armors in the game, especially the overly complicated old ones. I also hate hoods with a passion.

I used that armor for quite awhile on both of my SW. It doesn't have a lot of low res textures the way the PVP/PVE armors do and as a result looks good/better with the graphics cranked up...

https://live.staticflickr.com/7103/13561620423_87e0d757aa_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/3692/13561916384_ac8983d19c_b.jpg

I should note that TOR can't look like that^ under normal circumstances. I'm using my graphics card to push it beyond what the game's settings allow. That's why you don't see any pixelated edges and/ why there's a softer focus.

Everything I have are body type 2 girls with white hair :) Edited above text with screenies of the 2 sets I couldn`t name. Mainly bits and pieces that fit :)

Sadly there's a lot of armor in the game that just doesn't look good on females. Especially a lot of the older PVP/PVE armors. Even if you use Body Type 3 there's still a lot of stuff that looks too big on them.

I like simplicity and I don`t care about "lore". Sure, they can`t be TOO far from the "norm", but I won`t look like a bug just because the Sith classes all are dying for capes :)

It's not so much about the lore for me as looking out of place in the cutscenes. I enjoy the stories in the game and like seeing all the class stuff but it always looks weird/bad/horrible when nothing else in the game matches you or when your in a cutscene on your ship and your companions look like they raided a Nar Shaddaa thrift store, ie various non matched colors across whatever jumbled garbage they're wearing.

I wish Companions default gear was orange gear. A number of them have unique looks that aren't available anywhere else. Either that or unlocking a unique set of gear designed for them that you obtain once completing all their convos or getting them to max affection.