Goodbye posts

Icestar

Let them have a place in the off-topic or community forum

General Discussion should be about the game and not about someone leaving

I disagree. Sometime goodbye posts have valuable insights about people's feelings about the game good or bad. General is the best place for it and people should be fee to post there.

I disagree. Sometime goodbye posts have valuable insights about people's feelings about the game good or bad. General is the best place for it and people should be fee to post there.

Yes players post their bad feelings alright, and lots of them.....

Anyway I still think it is a good idea to keep the general forum clear of the goodbyeposts and let off-topic or community section hold them.

This is a suggestionforum after all :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Icestar

People quit for a reason. There is a lotta of feedback in such posts.

Yes ofcourse, my suggestion was only to clear the general forum of those posts and have them in another section.

It might be only me but I am a bit tired of reading those goodbye posts whenever I want to read about the game in the general section

No, the place for "goodbye" posts is in the server-specific forum. No one knows who the person is, no one cares and the posts are invariably "I've been playing since pre-alpha, CE owner, blah, blah, blah, but ..."

No, the place for "goodbye" posts is in the server-specific forum. No one knows who the person is, no one cares and the posts are invariably "I've been playing since pre-alpha, CE owner, blah, blah, blah, but ..."

Actually some people do care and who are you to tell people where they can or can't post as I said most of them have feedback not just trolling. But in the end it's a public forum and they are free to post where they want.

Actually some people do care and who are you to tell people where they can or can't post as I said most of them have feedback not just trolling. But in the end it's a public forum and they are free to post where they want.

Yeah, they can post where they want and BWEA is free to move them or delete their threads. The server forums are the appropriate place for "goodbye" threads. But we know why they post in general: attention mongering and grandstanding. In any event, people who post "goodbye" threads are in all likelihood not leaving. People who leave just leave, no grandstanding required.

But we know why they post in general: attention mongering and grandstanding.

If someone actually feels so alone that they need to be "seen" in a goodbye post to acknowledge if anyone is going to miss them, be all means I do not mind.

But I would really like to see those posts in the community forum, as it actually is a community issue

Edited by Icestar

If someone actually feels so alone that they need to be "seen" in a goodbye post to acknowledge if anyone is going to miss them, be all means I do not mind.

But I would really like to see those posts in the community forum, as it actually is a community issue

"Goodbye" is not a "community" issue. It's an "ego" issue. Again, people who are really going to quit just quit. They don't jump up on a soap box and yell "Hey, everyone, pay attention to me! I'm leaving!"

No one cares. They want people to care. It annoys them that no one cares. Some people desperately feel the need to "be somebody," thus we have "I'm going to 'force' you to paparazzi me" things like facepuke, twerper, etc. Sad and pathetic.

I feel people post "goodbye posts" not for other players but for the creators of the game, while also letting other people know why.

Most the time they are unhappy with the way the game is going. Sometimes they may not quit but to make a generalization that "everyone who posts goodbye doesn't actually quit" is less than intelligent statement.

Personally I feel these posts are breeding grounds for what the social community of mmo's has become.

With that being said I think they do belong in the general discussion, and I like reading them. Most the time if it is just a rant then I pass it up. But, when people actually take the time to write an educated post, I feel I should take the time to read said post.

"Goodbye" is not a "community" issue. It's an "ego" issue. Again, people who are really going to quit just quit. They don't jump up on a soap box and yell "Hey, everyone, pay attention to me! I'm leaving!"

No one cares. They want people to care. It annoys them that no one cares. Some people desperately feel the need to "be somebody," thus we have "I'm going to 'force' you to paparazzi me" things like facepuke, twerper, etc. Sad and pathetic.

I liked it when they had rules against goodbye posts, but since they removed those rules I would like to clear those posts from the general forum.

I never read the community forum anyway so it seems like a good place for me to have them there :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

I liked it when they had rules against goodbye posts, but since they removed those rules I would like to clear those posts from the general forum.

Turbine theoretically restricts goodby posts to the LotRO/DDO server forums, which makes complete sense to me. Sure, I can ignore goodbye posts in the General forum, so it's not the end of the world. But, heck, if it's good enough for Turbine, it ought to be good enough for BWEA.

I feel people post "goodbye posts" not for other players but for the creators of the game, while also letting other people know why.

The "creators of the game" do not read the General forum. The General forum is a remarkably poor to provide feedback to "the devs."

Most the time they are unhappy with the way the game is going. Sometimes they may not quit but to make a generalization that "everyone who posts goodbye doesn't actually quit" is less than intelligent statement.

People who want to do something as trivial and inconsequential as quitting a computer game just do it. They don't have a need to announce it. To conclude otherwise is less than intelligent.

With that being said I think they do belong in the general discussion, and I like reading them. Most the time if it is just a rant then I pass it up. But, when people actually take the time to write an educated post, I feel I should take the time to read said post.

A goodby post is by definition a rant.

Edited by branmakmuffin

The "creators of the game" do not read the General forum. The General forum is a remarkably poor to provide feedback to "the devs."

This is pretty much how i feel...if i knew constructive feedback would make a difference i would leave it whether i am leaving or staying. We have a hard time just getting devs to even post on a thread about some of the more serious issues in the game (failure to fire bug for example). There are the goodbye threads that just seem pointless, like the ones that are in all caps or with things like this sux as their reasons for quitting. There are some others that appear to be well written but the person writting it is either being unreasonable or you get the feeling that they just like to hear themselves 'talk'.

I've seen very, very few threads where the person leaving actually has a lot of good points. Like Kitru posting about shadow tank spikyness and their decision to leave (although i think Kitru has decided to stick around a bit longer). Between the WoW forums and SWTOR forums in the last 5 years i've seen Kitrus thread and maybe 3-4 others that were worthy of dev notice. Everything else was just people people trying to sound like they know what they are talking about when they really have no clue.

This is pretty much how i feel...if i knew constructive feedback would make a difference i would leave it whether i am leaving or staying. We have a hard time just getting devs to even post on a thread about some of the more serious issues in the game (failure to fire bug for example). There are the goodbye threads that just seem pointless, like the ones that are in all caps or with things like this sux as their reasons for quitting. There are some others that appear to be well written but the person writting it is either being unreasonable or you get the feeling that they just like to hear themselves 'talk'.

Those are basicly the posts I mean, I have seen very few goodbye posts with valuable feedback

I've seen very, very few threads where the person leaving actually has a lot of good points. Like Kitru posting about shadow tank spikyness and their decision to leave (although i think Kitru has decided to stick around a bit longer). Between the WoW forums and SWTOR forums in the last 5 years i've seen Kitrus thread and maybe 3-4 others that were worthy of dev notice. Everything else was just people people trying to sound like they know what they are talking about when they really have no clue.

While we have to respect every players opinion we also can suggest that those posts belong in another section then general forum

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.