PVP on ilum

curtkram

Bring Back the old Ilum World PvP and have an event like the first one where there were so many people that you would only get about 3-4 fps .This Gree crap is Pve just flagged. I miss the old World area faction vs. faction with objectives, and fame "Ilum now belongs to the Empire!"

Bring Back the old Ilum World PvP and have an event like the first one where there were so many people that you would only get about 3-4 fps .This Gree crap is Pve just flagged. I miss the old World area faction vs. faction with objectives, and fame "Ilum now belongs to the Empire!"

Yea, old Ilum was better. BW just needed to improve on the objectives and perhaps set up the area so that only the same number of imps could be in there as reps. The reason for that is to avoid giving one faction the numbers advantage. Would also be nice having a reoccurring PvP only event to help keep things interesting.

After all, Outlaw's den is already a FFA zone. We don't need to and if anything, they should have a reoccurring event for Outlaw's Den as well. It's dead in there as well.

Right now, if you want faction vs faction open world PvP, you'd have to go to the Bastion or Prophecy of the Five. On PoT5, I just spent two hours killing reps outside of the contested zone. Ended up having to start killing them outside of their base but they eventually banded together to strike back. Good times. :D

Yea, old Ilum was better. BW just needed to improve on the objectives and perhaps set up the area so that only the same number of imps could be in there as reps. The reason for that is to avoid giving one faction the numbers advantage. Would also be nice having a reoccurring PvP only event to help keep things interesting.

After all, Outlaw's den is already a FFA zone. We don't need to and if anything, they should have a reoccurring event for Outlaw's Den as well. It's dead in there as well.

Right now, if you want faction vs faction open world PvP, you'd have to go to the Bastion or Prophecy of the Five. On PoT5, I just spent two hours killing reps outside of the contested zone. Ended up having to start killing them outside of their base but they eventually banded together to strike back. Good times. :D

shouldn't this be on the POT5 server forum?

Had EA done this even 'right', there would be some slight modifications:

1) No ganking of same-faction players. The problem (and perhaps they saw this) is that the potential is there for nobody on the opposite side to be in zone. This means to kill orb runners you have to target folks in your alliance. The "workaround" is trading kills. Stupid.

2) In a "free-for-all" zone there would be no grouping. So in scenario 2), you could kill same-faction players but it would be WWF style where a 1:1 fight turns into the royal rumble.

3) This game is horrible when it comes to gaining reputation. Killing same faction players should render you guard-hostile for a period of time. This includes fleet. EQ(1) did this the best imo. Want to hunt guards in a particular zone? Good luck doing the dungeon inside that city.

EDIT: I won't even go into the immaturity of making people "dance" to allow them to complete a quest.

You clearly have no concept of open world PvP. May whatever deity you believe in have mercy on you.