PvE DPS Optimal Spec? (Deception, Madness, Hybrid?)

Belgaer

So I've been reading and hearing a lot of conflicting info and I'm just flat out confused as hell. Which is best these days for PvE progression and why?

Hard Mode 55 Flashpoints, SM-NiM Operations all included in this question.

Edited by Belgaer

I parse best with 0-18-28. Keep 100% up time on your dot, keep DF on cd, spam Thrash for Raze and Maul procs.

Isn't that intended as a pvp spec? I thought it didn't fair as well in pve? Either way, Lightning Charge, right? I'll have to try it out. Sounds a lot like pre-2.0 Madness. lol

I parse best with 0-18-28. Keep 100% up time on your dot, keep DF on cd, spam Thrash for Raze and Maul procs.

this spec is decent but really tough on accuracy. full deception is all about burst but is hard to be consistent with, pure balance ends up 100 dps or so ahead of deception, 18/0/28 hybrid does well if your into that sort of thing, 0/18/28 i want to work well but missing 3% accuracy is harsh. i personally roll deception.

this spec is decent but really tough on accuracy. full deception is all about burst but is hard to be consistent with, pure balance ends up 100 dps or so ahead of deception, 18/0/28 hybrid does well if your into that sort of thing, 0/18/28 i want to work well but missing 3% accuracy is harsh. i personally roll deception.

I must be doing something wrong with Madness (I'm assuming you meant Madness/Balance tree when you said Balance). It always comes out a good 15% less than my Deception parses. Consistently. :/ I don't know if that's saying something good for me on Deception or if I'm doing something very wrong with Madness. lol

EDIT: I tried out the 0-18-28 build, and it does seem to be doing leaps and bounds better for dailies at the very least. I tried it on a dummy and it seems to be doing pretty well. It does just as well as full Deception without depending on procs as much, I would say. I'll do some more testing soon.

EDIT2: I noticed the 3% loss of accuracy too and I have to ask... where is that coming from? I checked tooltips and I can't figure it out.

Edited by Belgaer

Charge Mastery in the Darkness tree grants you 1% accuracy per point.

Ah, I missed that. Yeah, doesn't seem to be any room to pick it up either. Harsh.

EDIT: Yeah, the 0-18-28 definitely seems to lose a lot of damage on the ops dummy versus standard dummies and enemies. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fine in a real op situation, but it still seems "as good" as Deception in all situations I've seen. Definitely not sorry to see myself losing Fade though, considering I'm always in melee range.

Edited by Belgaer

I still prefer the pure deception spec, i am able to deal decent sustained damage, but where you will really shine are fights like kephess in TFB and other burst reliant fights.

But i am sure you can parse pretty even in most specs, to bad its around 100-400 dps lower than most other dps specs depending on player

So I'm trying to run with the 0/18/28 build but I was wondering what the proper rotation was for optimal dps and maybe was wondering if someone could post a link to the build so I can make sure I spec'd right. In advance thanks.

e

So I'm trying to run with the 0/18/28 build but I was wondering what the proper rotation was for optimal dps and maybe was wondering if someone could post a link to the build so I can make sure I spec'd right. In advance thanks.

i will repeat, this spec does not preform as well in pve than either pure spec. it has no talented accuracy buff and makes it really hard to pve in. however if you insist on trying it make sure to make up that 3% accuracy somehow, and the rotation is quite simple, its the same as madness without creeping terror and adding an expose weakness proc. so keep discharge up no matter what, use death field on cooldown, melee(expose weakness proc included) untill you get a raze proc, rinse repeat. i'm sure this goes without saying but only refresh dots after the last damage has been done. the only thing thats changed is 3% less accuracy and the ability to use maul every once in awhile. great for pvp, pve not so much.