Is it just me or do the SFX in DDO sound like crap?

swtonewbie

Hey everybody,

Has anybody here tried out Dungeons and Dragons Online? I installed it just earlier today and i've only tried out a cleric and sneak/disarm/trap rogue in the first town (like only 4 dungeons. But the SFX sound like complete crap...i'll be beating on something with a mace, dagger or rapier but it all has the same *thunk thunk thunk* sound. Like i'm using a heavy stick and smacking a hollow log.

The attack system seems kinda crude, it kinda reminds me of the D2 and D3 system, but it feels a tiny bit different. There's also the character graphics...which for a game released in 2006 seems kinda crude. But that could be intentional for all i know to reduce lag or whatevers. The complexity of the stat system kinda makes up for a lot of things. But i dont know if it will be enough to keep me hooked on the game.

What are your thoughts on DDO? SFX, GFX, gear system, combat system, all the stats, abilities and perks that you can train and learn.

DDO was my first MMO. Can't say I remember the quality of the SFX being good or lousy. I would assume that if they have changed since I last played (about 2 years ago), they would have changed for the better, but you know what they say about assumptions.

DDO is king of character customization re: creation and advancement with multi-classing. The graphics are not as good as LotRO's or TOR,s but way better than WoW's and marginally better than EQ2's, IMO. Except for male Humans and Elves. They look like shriveled up old men.

The combat system has "stuff" in it, like "ranged weapons have no range limitation other than the draw distance of the target." I can remember setting my graphics way down except for "object draw distance" and shooting things that from my perspective looked the size of small peas.

Edited by branmakmuffin