The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about Class

Kazubaii

I am a newcomer to this game. And recently started a powertech, but am finding the almost total lack of use of my pistol causing me to grrrr. If i play the Vanguard, will i find the same issue, or does this class have some skills that I will use in my rotation that actually come out of the rifle?

On the Vanguard all your abilities come from your rifle.

The Bounty Hunter is all about "the suit": missiles from his back, Railshot from the wrist, Flamethrower from the wrist, etc...

Gameplay between Vanguard and Powertech is the same. Ability names change and animations but they are essentially the same.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
just wanted to clarify this real quick, from my experience leveling a tank VG (I've been inactive for a bit so I may not be up to date on any recent changes they have made) while a majority of attacks appear to originate from your rifle, not all of them make sense coming from your rifle (i.e. pulse cannon. since when does a rifle fire lightening bolts in a 10 meter frontal cone?), and unfortunately those are the attacks that you seem to spam. not sure if all specs are like this though, I have only played as a tank.

just wanted to clarify this real quick, from my experience leveling a tank VG (I've been inactive for a bit so I may not be up to date on any recent changes they have made) while a majority of attacks appear to originate from your rifle, not all of them make sense coming from your rifle (i.e. pulse cannon. since when does a rifle fire lightening bolts in a 10 meter frontal cone?), and unfortunately those are the attacks that you seem to spam. not sure if all specs are like this though, I have only played as a tank.

I would think that the pulse cannon is basically just an energy discharge from an un-capped rifle. Kind of like a water spigot. If you take the aerator off of the faucet, you end up with a weird stream that doesn't conform to any type of shape. Perhaps this is just the trooper turning the focus off of the rifle and letting the raw energy fly.