[Video] 0/18/28.

NogueiraA

This is a hybrid with all good Maul/Shadow Strike talents and Death Field/Force in Balance + dots talents.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sith-assassin/11/?build=000000000000000000000000000000000320230021110030000000000000000003020322012200210122030000000000&ver=20

- Run Lightning Charge/Force Technique

- Proc Maul/SS

- Proc Crushing Darkness/Mind Crush

- Thrash/Double Strike as a filler

- Death Field + Discharge on CD (Force Breach + Force in Balance)

I have no set bonus, full 69, 69 hilt and blue augments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iV0vEloEtg&feature=youtu.be

Edited by NogueiraA

This is a hybrid with all good Maul/Shadow Strike talents and Death Field/Force in Balance + dots talents.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sith-assassin/11/?build=000000000000000000000000000000000320230021110030000000000000000003020322012200210122030000000000&ver=20

- Run Lightning Charge/Force Technique

- Proc Maul/SS

- Proc Crushing Darkness/Mind Crush

- Thrash/Double Strike as a filler

- Death Field + Discharge on CD (Force Breach + Force in Balance)

I have no set bonus, full 69, 69 hilt and blue augments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iV0vEloEtg&feature=youtu.be

Now this has my attention...

Now this has my attention...

i've been preaching about this build for awhile, it lacks a bit in pve and may be sub optimal, but only by a slight margin if any. however pvp wise it seems like it gives balance exactly what it needs, some extra burn capabilities. xinika i suggest you give it a try and give your professional opinion

i've been preaching about this build for awhile, it lacks a bit in pve and may be sub optimal, but only by a slight margin if any. however pvp wise it seems like it gives balance exactly what it needs, some extra burn capabilities. xinika i suggest you give it a try and give your professional opinion

For sure. I'll be trying it out and giving my feedback.

For sure. I'll be trying it out and giving my feedback.

I never saw anyone playing this spec for pve and pvp. For pve I think is way better than full Deception or Madness.

The only problem is that I need to low my surge to get more Accuracy.

Also if you have the 2nd set bonus, increase the crit chance on Thrash by 15% you can try this "thrash spam" build:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sith-assassin/11/?build=002330031120003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003020322012200210122030000000000&ver=20

Is all about keeping Crushing Darkness up and spam Thrash.

I tested this build out tonight before raid and it's a really fun build to play with. Reminds me alot of 1.7 balance w/o Sever Force. However, I seemed to fluctuate between parses getting 2644 on the high end and 2497 on the lowend. I did a couple full Balance parses after I was done playing around with it and the separation between parses was much closer. This would lead me to believe that Balance would perform better in a raid environment because of the sub 30% execution talents that it receives.

I would see myself having fun with this hybrid in PVP though as the setup time is not that bad with only 3 gcd's(at minimum) required to proc Mind Crush. Ideally you would be putting mind crush on a target 1 GCD later in Balance if played optimally. Additionally, the having the burst from Shadow Strike would be very nice.

One thing that will absolutely kill you in PVE is the reduced accuracy of this build compared to a full build. To be at 100% melee accuracy you would be required to have 695 accuracy rating on your gear, and in Underworld gear this will be nearly your entire Tertiary stat budget and leaving you with only 79 surge.

I will put the links to the parses below, but I don't think I would see myself playing this in anything other than PVP or lower end content where my dps isn't going to matter a whole lot. This is mainly due to the lower accuracy with this build and I feel that leaving things up to RNG is not the way that I want to optimally play my toon.

Hybrid Parse 1

Hybrid Parse 2

Balance Parse 1

Balance Parse 2

I will put the links to the parses below, but I don't think I would see myself playing this in anything other than PVP or lower end content where my dps isn't going to matter a whole lot. This is mainly due to the lower accuracy with this build and I feel that leaving things up to RNG is not the way that I want to optimally play my toon.

Hybrid Parse 1

Hybrid Parse 2

Balance Parse 1

Balance Parse 2

I feel like its possible to run a low crit/low surge version of this and maybe even just drop the crit damage at the top of the balance tree for the 3% accuracy, i was seeing how guardians as a dot class dont have any talented surge i could imagine this spec could go without a small amount to make make up for the accuracy loss. this would be an odd stats change though and in the end you're probably right that its sub optimal. i do however enjoy seeing hybrids, 100% viable or not.

on a side now, check out the other hybrid build 18/0/28 which goes into kinetic for 30% flat force regen. the second top shadow dps on my server used this build to set his record. the ultimate operations dummy build if i do say so myself.

Surprised people haven't tried this before? I certainly have: good PvP hybrid, probably some of the best damage available in PvP for a Shadow and plays like Balance pre-2.0 with some minor advantages (and losses).

Fade is just sitting right there though... :(

I think I like this spec- my first run is only slightly under what I am running now and that was with trying to learn a new rotation, I have a general question. Is there a good way to tell when Exploit Weakness is up and do you ever use Maul without it?

I think I like this spec- my first run is only slightly under what I am running now and that was with trying to learn a new rotation, I have a general question. Is there a good way to tell when Exploit Weakness is up and do you ever use Maul without it?

only use it with exploit weakness, identify the buff and then always keep an eye out for when its up.

This is a viable hybrid imo.

Last nite i was doing smasher type overall damage in warzones. Usually in wakajin im farther behind but in this build i was even with them on the scoreboard.

Build loses a little burst but still has some. Good for regs. I wouldnt take for rateds tho.

Im also going to mess around with a couple variations. Even with this i moved some points around differently for me

This is a viable hybrid imo.

Last nite i was doing smasher type overall damage in warzones. Usually in wakajin im farther behind but in this build i was even with them on the scoreboard.

Build loses a little burst but still has some. Good for regs. I wouldnt take for rateds tho.

Im also going to mess around with a couple variations. Even with this i moved some points around differently for me

this build is a viable hybrid for pvp only. pvp is the only place where you wont miss that 3% accuracy, pve it becomes quite inefficient. but i'll restate in pvp it seems like a perfect build for those disappointed in the pure balance build.

I'm curious for one thing about this spec. Since the spec revolves more about DoTs/Maul/ Death Field damage, why pick up Chain Shock? Wouldn't, for PvP purposes, it be better to put 2 points in Avoidance and just use that last point for filler purposes? Or is shock a key factor in the DPS of this spec?

I'm curious for one thing about this spec. Since the spec revolves more about DoTs/Maul/ Death Field damage, why pick up Chain Shock? Wouldn't, for PvP purposes, it be better to put 2 points in Avoidance and just use that last point for filler purposes? Or is shock a key factor in the DPS of this spec?

tbh, how you spend the 0/18/28 is entirely up to the individual, as long as you get crit damage in balance and infiltration tactics in infiltration, most people can figure out the best way to use the rest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.