55's in old SM Flashpoints.

Basic Comms for isotopes is another reason you see 55's in flashpoints and relax they are carrying you through easy dailies

That is my point, I do NOT want to be carried. I want challenges and I don't WANT to sleep through my "dailies" I happen to run Flashpoints for more than just the daily. I happen to do it, to enjoy my self, and that is not enjoyable.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In story mode, nobody gains basic commendation, at most 5 planetary ones.

Wrong.. Directive 7, The False Emperor and one more I can't remember grants you basic commendations aswell as Black Hole MK gear, PLUS the daily of 10 basic Commendations.

Can you not check the level of the people in the group before you accept the que? If you don't like the level why accept.

Yes, but if we're suppose to do that, we can spend hours waiting for a queue to pop, to then decline it cause there's a 55 there. Then either spend more hours waiting, or get the same group over and over.

RotHC was suppose to be an expansion pack, but expansion packs EXCLUDE old content.

If they really want those 5 comms and the exp for doing the "old" flashpoints, then get a group together. Why are we the ones to have to get a group together? We're the ones who want challenge, who wants fun. We're not running flashpoints only for the daily, we're doing it to enjoy the game.

I leveled to 55 on a Walmart special PC that would lag too much to even group up with anyone so now I can't go back and enjoy previous flashpoints? Relax, in the end it's just a game and we should all be having fun.

So, because it's a game and we should all have fun, excluding 3 Flashpoints is to much to ask? I am not asking to exlcude the Hardmode version, only the storymode, we're talking THREE flashpoints here, that are so easy for a 55, it's unbeliveable. Those same 3 are in hardmode aswell, so I doubt I'm asking for to much..

Yes, but if we're suppose to do that, we can spend hours waiting for a queue to pop, to then decline it cause there's a 55 there. Then either spend more hours waiting, or get the same group over and over.

RotHC was suppose to be an expansion pack, but expansion packs EXCLUDE old content.

If they really want those 5 comms and the exp for doing the "old" flashpoints, then get a group together. Why are we the ones to have to get a group together? We're the ones who want challenge, who wants fun. We're not running flashpoints only for the daily, we're doing it to enjoy the game.

So it is okay for you to be in be in the group que but not them? You are special then? Do you see the problem with this? You want things for yourself but unless they fit what you want they can't que in the group finder? Sounds unfair to me.

Do you even know why they are running them? As it has been stated they may not have the gear yet to run the HM. It takes a special rating gear to run those HM and a lot of level 55 don't have it yet. Are you so fixed on what you want that you can't see there may be reasons they need to run them?

Note: I don't do group pickups for various reasons.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Can you not check the level of the people in the group before you accept the que? If you don't like the level why accept.

They should be allowed to run them if they wish and maybe using group finder is the only way they can do it. They may not know anyone to run them with.

It's not like they are hiding the level from anyone.

A 55 once told me you can solo them with a companion, this was a telekinetic sage.. So why don't they just run over and solo the god damn thing? Why do it on our expence. And yes I can check the level first.. But it takes about 8-10 declines to get a group without a 55.

So it is okay for you to be in be in the group que but not them? You are special then? Do you see the problem with this? You want things for yourself but unless they fit what you want they can't que in the group finder? Sounds unfair to me.

See, there's the issue. I join the queue because I don't know anyone else who haven't bought the "expansion" (calling it DLC from here on now). They join because they want the daily and are lazy.

I've met ONE 55 (and this wasn't even in a flashpoint) that agrees with me. All others are "oh cmn, wats ur prblem? is just a game". They are ignorant, act like we're minors just cause we're 5 levels below, and bounce around like a bunny on crack. Why do we even have Tank and Healer roles when 55's can just go in 4 DPSers and solo a frickin' Directive 7 SM? There's no point...

Again, there are people out there who didn't do those FP's so why deny them? Buy the expansion so you can move on or organize your own group.

Why should they at an OVER Level, have the oppetunety? They had plenty of oppetunety from 47 till 50.. Even a dps can make it in that time EVEN with double XP, so haven't had the time is a lousy lazy excuse. Why are your precious time more valuable than ours? We have the "correct" level for it, so if ANYONE should form their own group for it, it SHOULD be the 55's. Since they are over the maximum "recommended" level.

Why should they at an OVER Level, have the oppetunety? They had plenty of oppetunety from 47 till 50.. Even a dps can make it in that time EVEN with double XP, so haven't had the time is a lousy lazy excuse. Why are your precious time more valuable than ours? We have the "correct" level for it, so if ANYONE should form their own group for it, it SHOULD be the 55's. Since they are over the maximum "recommended" level.

Where's the like button...? :D

Do you even know why they are running them? As it has been stated they may not have the gear yet to run the HM. It takes a special rating gear to run those HM and a lot of level 55 don't have it yet. Are you so fixed on what you want that you can't see there may be reasons they need to run them?

Atleast we got the appropiated level for it, that's the difference. It has nothing to do with "we want" it has something to do with what is right and what is fair. I say it again, once more. WE GOT THE APPROPIATED LEVEL FOR IT, SINCE IT WAS MADE BEFORE ROTHC"

A 55 once told me you can solo them with a companion, this was a telekinetic sage.. So why don't they just run over and solo the gosh darn thing? Why do it on our expence. And yes I can check the level first.. But it takes about 8-10 declines to get a group without a 55.

Maybe they want the social points as well. You talk about them being selfish it seems like everyone is being selfish not seeing there may be reasons they need to do those flashpoints.

Gear in the hard mode takes a special rating and not every single level 55 has that gear yet as it is very hard or very expensive to get so they only way they can get them is to get the comms to do it.

I have a lever 55 shadow and a level 54 sage and they still don't all the gear that I need for hardmode. I run my things with my friends and guild but that's me. Some don't have this luxury to have friends and a guild to run them with and dailys only give you so much comms and the weekly is that once a week so they could be trying to get the comms they need or they may have never ran them before and want to see the story before attempting the HM.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Atleast we got the appropiated level for it, that's the difference. It has nothing to do with "we want" it has something to do with what is right and what is fair. I say it again, once more. WE GOT THE APPROPIATED LEVEL FOR IT, SINCE IT WAS MADE BEFORE ROTHC"

Selfish much? :rolleyes:

So, because it's a game and we should all have fun, excluding 3 Flashpoints is to much to ask? I am not asking to exlcude the Hardmode version, only the storymode, we're talking THREE flashpoints here, that are so easy for a 55, it's unbeliveable. Those same 3 are in hardmode aswell, so I doubt I'm asking for to much..

Why should you exclude content at all? What makes you so special that your enjoyment is worth more than theirs? This is just about the most selfish thread I have read on these forums, and that is saying something.

Selfish much? :rolleyes:

Is it selfish to state the obvius fact that is correct? Am I incorrect when I say that the old Story mode flashpoints were made for 47-50? Am I incorrect when I say that Makeb Commendation mods are more than efficent for Hardmode? No.. Does it make me selfish to state the facts? No. If you can not or will not debate it approatly, I will not reply to you any further than this.

Maybe they want the social points as well. You talk about them being selfish it seems like everyone is being selfish not seeing there may be reasons they need to do those flashpoints.

Gear in the hard mode takes a special rating and not every single level 55 has that gear yet as it is very hard or very expensive to get so they only way they can get them is to get the comms to do it.

I have a lever 55 shadow and a level 54 sage and they still don't all the gear that I need for hardmode. I run my things with my friends and guild but that's me. Some don't have this luxury to have friends and a guild to run them with and dailys only give you so much comms and the weekly is that once a week so they could be trying to get the comms they need or they may have never ran them before and want to see the story before attempting the HM.

So many 55's complain about it being so hard, some complain about running the old content. Maybe they just need to tune down so 55's doesn't have it that hard? Cause obviously they enjoy doing old content "because of the easy mode, slash through everything, i'm immortal". So why not give them that, for level 55?

I don't want to be forced to buy DLC just to somewhat feel that my role has a part in what I do.

It's not fun to get carried, and I don't know how bad you read or if you just skip half of the replies, but we want challenges. And I usually have that rule "you pull it, you tank it, no heals recieved". But when you do that to a 55, they just survive, regen their health, and carry on.

Why should you exclude content at all? What makes you so special that your enjoyment is worth more than theirs? This is just about the most selfish thread I have read on these forums, and that is saying something.

I am not saying mine is more valuable than theirs, I am just saying, it can not be fun to "have fun" at other expense. They could EASILY have the equal fun in a hardmode, because that is STILL a walk in the park for a decently geared 55 and am talking Makeb mods here, that is purchable from Planetary commendations. Come on guys, we're talking NORMAL STORY MODE FLASHPOINTS.. A 55 in Makeb mods can solo this.. Which means, he utterly ruins the fun for 3 others (unless they're 55 aswell).

Besides I am not talking about excluding them completly. Like in World of Warcraft, if you wish to do the old content, you will have to go there on your own, you can not use the LFG (Group finder reminds me to much of girlfriend so I will not use "GF")..

I am simply saying, if they want to do the old content that badly, It's soloable.. Take your ship, go there, use a companion, problem solved, you can even do it at your pace without annoying anyone. While, I recommend we leave them out of the groupfinder option for 47-50 Storymode Flashpoints.. Fine, do the Hardmode, it's a total different story AND Hardmode is STILL childsplay for a 55.

Edited by PKaxe

So many 55's complain about it being so hard, some complain about running the old content. Maybe they just need to tune down so 55's doesn't have it that hard? Cause obviously they enjoy doing old content "because of the easy mode, slash through everything, i'm immortal". So why not give them that, for level 55?

I don't want to be forced to buy DLC just to somewhat feel that my role has a part in what I do.

It's not fun to get carried, and I don't know how bad you read or if you just skip half of the replies, but we want challenges. And I usually have that rule "you pull it, you tank it, no heals recieved". But when you do that to a 55, they just survive, regen their health, and carry on.

If people want the "easy godmode slashthrough wak-a-mole" mode. I suggest you go play Diablo 3.

EDIT: No wait... Even Diablo 3 got more challenge.. Damn it.!

Edited by PKaxe

Have one of you even read anything that some people were saying why some level 55 are doing them.

They made have to run them as they don't have the required gear needed for Hard Mode. There is a required rating for Hard Modes.

You didn't buy the expansion so you want to punish the ones that did. That is selfish as you don't want to pay attention that there is a required rating for hard modes to be run and not everyone has the required rating as it is not easy to get.

And why should they run them by themselves? Part of the fun of doing flashpoints is doing it with people and oh maybe they would like the social points as well but no since they are higher level let's take that away from them since they brought the expansion let's be selfish.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Have one of you even read anything that some people were saying why some level 55 are doing them.

They made have to run them as they don't have the required gear needed for Hard Mode. There is a required rating for Hard Modes.

You didn't buy the expansion so you want to punish the ones that did. That is selfish as you don't want to pay attention that there is a required rating for hard modes to be run and not everyone has the required rating as it is not easy to get.

And why should they run them by themselves? Part of the fun of doing flashpoints is doing it with people and oh maybe they would like the social points as well but no since they are higher level let's take that away from them since they brought the expansion let's be selfish.

Is this "rating" needed to actually get in to the hard modes? Or just to get smoothly through them? Cause if you think it's so fun for us to be carried, why not get carried yourself? :)

Are you for real? You're asking if I read what people say? Do YOU read what I write? You CAN EASILY get the recommended rating for Hardmode 50 flashpoints through MAKEB RECOMMENDATION MODIFICATIONS alone.. I do NOT ask for them to be removed from HARDMODE 50 flashpoints.. I ask for them to be removed from STORYMODE 47-50 FLASHPOINTS... That is the "normal" version if you so want it to be.. I don't care of the Hardmodes I am talking of the regulair, easy, normal, ones.. That are made for 47-50.... Even a 49 CAN'T join the Hardmode 50 flashpoints.. And if you NOW dare to tell me that it's hard to get Rating for 50 Hardmode flashpoints, then you SIR are stamped INVALID.. Because I, as 50, with only 1 MK-3 and 1 MK-2 and some (40)-(46) mods can join for Hardmode 50 flashpoints...

I HATE having to queue for SM FPs. My wife hates it more than me and curses me out anytime we get put in one (I only select them all for the daily to get the basic comms and since I tank and she doesn't she follows lol) and I can't wait until I have the option to not queue for them. I don't mind running all the content including bonuses and will encourage it for lowbies who need the gear. When I tank, it's an easy run for all involved. When I DPS, it's a different story. Having to show someone how to do something who may not want the advise sucks lol.

Oh well...Until they change this you will probably see one of my 55's in SM if it pops even though I hate it.

I HATE having to queue for SM FPs. My wife hates it more than me and curses me out anytime we get put in one (I only select them all for the daily to get the basic comms and since I tank and she doesn't she follows lol) and I can't wait until I have the option to not queue for them. I don't mind running all the content including bonuses and will encourage it for lowbies who need the gear. When I tank, it's an easy run for all involved. When I DPS, it's a different story. Having to show someone how to do something who may not want the advise sucks lol.

Oh well...Until they change this you will probably see one of my 55's in SM if it pops even though I hate it.

You, sir, have my respect.

They call it an expansion pack, but expansion packs excludes old content. This doesn't, in other words, it's not an expansion pack.

In no MMO I have ever played has expansions ever excluded old content. Yes, in many MMOs, expansions make old content "obsolete," but they never exclude old content. And BW has setup the GF to "exclude" characters who are not level appropriate (a level 55 cannot queue for anything before D7 through the GF).

I really hope Bioware/EA/Lucasarts gets their heads straight and make a real expansion, with new class stories (yes, CLASS STORIES, I don't care about Makeb, it's the same story for all classes). With new content, that excludes the old. I mean, isn't it only fair, that if 55's can join Directive 7 on normal mode, that I, as level 50, can join Athiss at normal mode? I'll join as dps, see if the tank can hold aggro from me. Exaggerating to get the point out...

Be prepared to be disappointed. EA/BW has specifically stated that class story content is done. The focus of the "story" has shifted from individual stories, to faction stories. If you cannot accept that...

And see above for "exclusion of old content." As a matter of fact, personally I LIKE the fact that older content was not instantly made obsolete by RotHC. I am assuming you come from WoW. I hate to burst your bubble but Blizzard did it wrong. By making the expansion so that existing content is not obsolete, they make the game as a whole better, rather than basically rolling out a whole new game. That being said, I agree that level 55s should be "caring and kind" and not solo queue in the GF for level 50 SM FPs. But that is a community thing and not something that EA/BW should try to "fix."

I've been in groups where we've mispulled and pulled a lot, and by God, I swear I didn't think I was that good a healer, but I am. I can heal it. AT LEVEL 50. I want those challenges... I find them fun. It's not fun to be carried.

I agree that being carried is not fun. But you do have a choice - leave the group.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

You've never worked a retail and/or customer service job have you? I hate to say it, but the customer is almost never right.

I am not saying mine is more valuable than theirs, I am just saying, it can not be fun to "have fun" at other expense. They could EASILY have the equal fun in a hardmode, because that is STILL a walk in the park for a decently geared 55 and am talking Makeb mods here, that is purchable from Planetary commendations. Come on guys, we're talking NORMAL STORY MODE FLASHPOINTS.. A 55 in Makeb mods can solo this.. Which means, he utterly ruins the fun for 3 others (unless they're 55 aswell).

Besides I am not talking about excluding them completly. Like in World of Warcraft, if you wish to do the old content, you will have to go there on your own, you can not use the LFG (Group finder reminds me to much of girlfriend so I will not use "GF")..

I am simply saying, if they want to do the old content that badly, It's soloable.. Take your ship, go there, use a companion, problem solved, you can even do it at your pace without annoying anyone. While, I recommend we leave them out of the groupfinder option for 47-50 Storymode Flashpoints.. Fine, do the Hardmode, it's a total different story AND Hardmode is STILL childsplay for a 55.

No, you are saying that your fun should come at other's expense but not the other way around.

No, you are saying that your fun should come at other's expense but not the other way around.

No I am not. As one else stated previously.. If you sign as a healer you do it to heal, if you sign to tank you do it to tank. Both roles are obsolete the moment a 55 steps in. How is that selfish or fair to say "oh well I will allow this"?