The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP: relic and equipment choices for dps

Aelaias

Just hit 55 with capped ranked comms and 8 pvp weapons which let me get the partisan and come close to min/maxing it. Going to keep EWH main/offhand for now. Got the conq serendipitous assault relic and thinking of what the second one should be? My options are war hero power or damage proc.

On the whole I am shooting for stats similar to what I was able to achieve on my guardian which is 23% crit/240 rating, 810-830 damage bonus, 96-97 accuracy (don't need that much for vanguard). The guardian is using crafted power-heavy ear and offhand and 2 purple microfilament implants for expertise total of 1922 bolstered. There is no decent crafted offhand for vanguards but there is an ear and blue mucrofilaments. I am wondering whether to fastrack 2 conqueror implants and ear or keep microfilaments (and maybe upgrade to purple for a hit of 31 expertise each) and start buying conqueror armor?

Want to see how pure assault shakes out in regs on my own.

I'm from the other side, and I wish you luck with pure assault.

Personally, I went for the conqueror offhand first because of the lack of other options, but the order is a matter of preference. I grabbed the medic one, because it had power and surge on it.

What I do in PVP is use field respec. If you don't have it, spend the cash and get it.

Look at your team. If you have multiple healers, and a decent team, go pyro/assault. If you have a kickball team and only one healer that isn't an operative, go tactics/AP. Tactics has great survivability and defenses, but the burst and damage output isn't there at all. Tactics is the spec to use though if you need to run a huttball, defend a node, or just play without dying every two seconds.

Playing an assault with a pet healer is fun, and you top the damage charts. Without a dedicated healer, you're going to spend the whole match on the med center merry-go-round. Tactics has lackluster damage, but you are much harder to kill.

Surprised at the lackluster damage of HiB. With 750 damage bonus I haven't broken 6k (surge 70%). Stim should get me over 800 which I would expect to improve things somewhat but considering that this is the class' premier ability It's nothing but retarded. On my guardian in vigilance I can break 6k effortlessly with either master strike, overhead slash, or dispatch. With this class it's a struggle to get there with a single ability.

I do wonder as to which relic I should go with - war hero, kinetic damage proc, or matrix for more main stat and crit.

Edited by Aelaias

I extensively use pve parts, my expertise on the vanguard is around 1900. It works rather well. I have managed to achieve 820 ranged damage bonus stimmed. When heals are present assault is still a blast. The spec continues to do well against visible melee and puts high pressure on operatives seeminly more than on sorcs. Edited by Aelaias

I'm running mostly conqueror gear on my PT Pyro (assault VG)

With 28AX agile mods, full reflex aim augments, and all of the datacrons, I sit at over 3,000 aim and 1320 bonus damage, and HIB hits for up to 6.5K to 6.8K. Running 28X and all power augments, you can hit over 1400+ bonus damage, and HIB should hit for over 7.2K regularly.

I use the serendipitous assault power proc relic, and the elemental damage proc PVP relic.

The former helps with HIB/Rail crits, and the latter is best because it can't be shielded by tanks. Every other PT/VG out there is running tank spec.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Is the proc damage type affected by personal crit rate and crit chance bonuses to force/tech?

Let me start off by saying: I don't know for sure.

However, I'm not aware of any damage type that is applied AFTER the surge calculation is done on a crit.

If proc damage isn't applied before the surge, it's the only type that I am aware of.