infiltration force breach bug

Hello, i just wanted to briefly describe a problem iv'e noticed with force breach while using shadow technique. The problem is very simple, force breach can proc shadow technique, and the stack of breaching shadows gets built BEFORE force breach consumes your existing stacks. I.E. 3 stacks of breaching shadows, use force breach, force breach procs shadow technique but doesn't get a stack of breaching shadows. Possible fixes: Either take away force breaches ability to proc, or make the triggered shadow technique in question build an effective stack of breaching shadows by making it gain the stack AFTER force breach consumes existing stacks. Please and thank you.

I actually rely on this proc sometimes on my Shadow. I hit Breach when I'm trying to burst down someone and I have 2 stacks of Breaching Shadows and it procs the third stack many times. While I know that its better to use Breach with 3 stacks, that possibility of the 3rd stack proccing at 2 stacks is good enough for intense scenarios.

That said, I do agree with your point that the stack of Shadows Breach builds at 3 stacks could be granted after using it.

Edited by TheHarvester

I actually rely on this proc sometimes on my Shadow. I hit Breach when I'm trying to burst down someone and I have 2 stacks of Breaching Shadows and it procs the third stack many times. While I know that its better to use Breach with 3 stacks, that possibility of the 3rd stack proccing at 2 stacks is good enough for intense scenarios.

That said, I do agree with your point that the stack of Shadows Breach builds at 3 stacks could be granted after using it.

i see your point from a pvp perspective, its one that im not accustomed to. my post is from a pve players perspective, where its debatable to use force breach before 3 stacks in any scenario.

what it comes down to is, do you think that the changes i have proposed will screw up the gameplay of pvp?

Ah yes, fair point. In PvE I never hit Breach without 3 stacks. I would say adding a fourth stack of Shadows before initiating the damage from Breach is a bad idea. Since the proc from Breach itself is unreliable, that would mean the max possible damage from it depends on RNG over tactically using it. As far as your suggestion however, seeing as how often Shadows procs when Battle Readiness or Clairvoyance is active, I don't think granting that proc as a stack of Shadows AFTER Breach executes would break anything in PvP or PvE. Either that, or remove the possibility of Breach proccing a stack of Shadows. Edited by TheHarvester

Either that, or remove the possibility of Breach proccing a stack of Shadows.

That would probably be the best solution since the value of Shadow Technique isn't in the damage it deals but rather in the generation of the Breaching Shadows stacks. Putting the proc on CD immediately so that you have to wait 4.5 seconds to start generating them again when, honestly, has a negative impact upon DPS that probably isn't account for in the theoretical construct the devs are using.

Another solution would be for Shadow Technique to have no ICD when you have 0 stacks of Breaching Shadows. That way, even if it proc'd to give you the extra damage, you'd be able to immediately start getting Breaching Shadows stacks again. It would end up providing a tiny sliver of a DPS boost but, honestly, anything that improves Shadow DPS would be welcome.

That would probably be the best solution since the value of Shadow Technique isn't in the damage it deals but rather in the generation of the Breaching Shadows stacks. Putting the proc on CD immediately so that you have to wait 4.5 seconds to start generating them again when, honestly, has a negative impact upon DPS that probably isn't account for in the theoretical construct the devs are using.

Another solution would be for Shadow Technique to have no ICD when you have 0 stacks of Breaching Shadows. That way, even if it proc'd to give you the extra damage, you'd be able to immediately start getting Breaching Shadows stacks again. It would end up providing a tiny sliver of a DPS boost but, honestly, anything that improves Shadow DPS would be welcome.

yeah really any of these solutions seem pretty viable. we agree that something should change.

if we were to take away force breaches ability to proc shadow technique i'd like to put forward the notion that maybe we should exclude project aswell, except of course from the clairvoyant buff.

it seems to me that when project double procs, with our low percent to proc, the abilities after said project dont end up proccing shadow technique and it leads to project double proccing again possibly overstacking breaching shadows and leading to a vicious cycle.

i think it would help to keep the flow of breaching shadows more normalized than with previous suggestions but might gimp burst ability with, for example, battle readiness active.

anyway this is just food for thought, mull the idea over and let me know if any of you think it will help.