The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[BUG] Rubber-banding & Force Leap Issues

SOULCASTER

Is this being looked into? I don't see it in the bug section, and its been around since 2.0 I think.

• When a Guardian/Juggernaut Force Leaps to you, you can not move away (nor use force run, hold the line, etc) without being rubberband back to the Guardian/Juggernaut.

This happens for several seconds, usually making your "escape" ability on whateer class your playing, a complete waste.

The 2nd problem with Force Leap:

• Playing as a Guaridan or Juggernaut, when you Guardian Leap or Force Leap to a player, you often times are not placed in the correct spot, causing your player to fall off ledges or fall short of the intended area being jumped to (example: The huttball endzone).

Is this being looked into? I don't see it in the bug section, and its been around since 2.0 I think.

• When a Guardian/Juggernaut Force Leaps to you, you can not move away (nor use force run, hold the line, etc) without being rubberband back to the Guardian/Juggernaut.

This happens for several seconds, usually making your "escape" ability on whatever class you're playing, a complete waste.

I'm afraid the first one has been around longer than that probably since the near beginning of the game, just like or other thread on the ability failure to fire bug. It has become more noticeable over time though. One thread I found cites 1.3 as the potential problem patch that made it really noticeable. It is also not just limited to the root on force leap, the rubberbanding effect can happen after any mez, stun, or root.

Here are some sources of player reported instances with videos in the following threads:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=584902&highlight=rubberbanding

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=650322&highlight=rubberbanding