Let's Talk About PvE Relics

Dawginole

So I've been using EWH Boundless Ages in PvE. This is obviously a very popular choice for those of us lucky enough to grab them before they were removed in 2.0. I like the idea of never having any down time on the added power from those slots. The argument being simply that over a 60s period, having x amount of stat always up is better than having a random proc of y stat that is limited in the number of procs in a 60s period where y is the higher stat.

However, some of those Underworld pieces are damn sexy!

Convince me why I should switch... or not switch. Would love to hear support from either side.

Cheers!

Here's how we convince you to switch.

Elite War Hero Relic = 120 static Power

Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages = 47 static Power + 350 Power over 30 seconds every 2 mintues ----> 47 + 350*30/120 = 134.5 static Power equivalent

Underworld Relic of Boundless Ages = 32 static power + 425 Power over 30 seconds every 2 minutes ---> 32 + 425*30/120 = 138.25 static Power equivalent

Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault = 32 static Power + 550 Power over 6 seconds every 20 seconds ---> 32 + 550*6/20 = 197 static Power equivalent

As far as damage proc relics, others have done the math better than I can on the back of the receipt I have in front of me, but they have been shown to be the second choice to the Serendipitous Assault. However at this time their procs do not stack with the proc from the Serendipitous Assault (this will change in 2.3).

So, what these numbers mean is that even before 2.0 hit, the EWH relics were inferior to the PVE relics available. For the moment, BiS for Sentinels (and all DPS classes for that matter) is one Relic of Boundless Ages and one Relic of Serendipitous Assault.

This is excellent. Thanks for that.

The one thing I will say is that for me personally in longer raids at some point I forget to hit my clickies. That's the one thing I hate about the "use" relics.

Will we be able to stack the Serendipity in 2.3?

This is excellent. Thanks for that.

The one thing I will say is that for me personally in longer raids at some point I forget to hit my clickies. That's the one thing I hate about the "use" relics.

Will we be able to stack the Serendipity in 2.3?

No, but in 2.3. you can stack the Power Proc (Serendipitous Assault) with a Damage Proc (e.g. Kinetic Tempest) and so won't have to clicky anything.

No, but in 2.3. you can stack the Power Proc (Serendipitous Assault) with a Damage Proc (e.g. Kinetic Tempest) and so won't have to clicky anything.
So once 2.3 hits, for a Watchman Sent who already has the SA power proc relic, would it be better to have a damage proc relic (Kinetic Tempest, Elemental Transcendence, etc.) or a power click relic (Boundless Ages, for example) as a second relic? I'm assuming the old lv.50 matrix cubes, despite giving better raw stats, are considered inferior to both at this point. Edited by Elizar_Naki