The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Project

Beniboybling

Galen had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever short of Skywalker. And Vader may have willed himself back to life, but Fay could do that too, and on top of that extend her own life and youth through raw power.

See Beni were going back to that again....why is that allowed for Galen yet not for Vader? But alright ya I remember now.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Beni were going back to that again....why is that allowed for Galen yet not for Vader? But alright ya I remember now.
Yeah, Galen had a much steeper learning curve than Anakin did. Its likely he unlocked the majority of his potential, while Vader achieved only half. But of course the disparity between them is fairly slim. And Jaina even slimmer. Edited by Beniboybling

Yeah, Galen had a much steeper learning curve than Anakin did. Its likely he unlocked the majority of his potential, while Vader achieved only half. But of course the disparity between them is fairly slim. And Jaina even slimmer.

Not what I meant...what I was meaning by that is...Galen having the power to potentially be the most powerful Jedi barring Skywalker. Ok...yet he died so...this means that is gone.

Yet we have Vader, who if he had gotten over what he done and accepted it he would unlock the rest of his potential and being immensely powerful, he made progress becoming 80% at his prime but never reached it fully and died.

So...the only difference I see here, is that Vader had mental blocks stopping him though he still made some progress. Whereas Galen just....died.

See what I mean? So it's ok to use that quote with Galen having the potential, but it's not ok to use it for Vader? I'm not exactly seeing the logic here.

Why don't we just take them at their prime, which is where Galen was at the end of TFU. Instead of going potential stuff that wasn't even reached?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I have to agree with Wolf here, either Vader gets his "potentials" too, or Galen gets bumped to where we think he was at his prime...

Though considering he took down Vader, he'd still be on the list.

Edit: I'd say Fay above him, but he's above Jaina.

Edited by Selenial

Not what I meant...what I was meaning by that is...Galen having the power to potentially be the most powerful Jedi barring Skywalker. Ok...yet he died so...this means that is gone.

Yet we have Vader, who if he had gotten over what he done and accepted it he would unlock the rest of his potential and being immensely powerful, he made progress becoming 80% at his prime but never reached it fully and died.

So...the only difference I see here, is that Vader had mental blocks stopping him though he still made some progress. Whereas Galen just....died.

See what I mean? So it's ok to use that quote with Galen having the potential, but it's not ok to use it for Vader? I'm not exactly seeing the logic here.

Why don't we just take them at their prime, which is where Galen was at the end of TFU. Instead of going potential stuff that wasn't even reached?

And my response directly addressed this. Allow me to elaborate:

Galen Marek underwent intensive and unrestricted training from a young age, Sith training, at the feet of Darth Vader. In comparison to a Jedi, his learning curve would have been considerably steeper. Indeed the very nature of the dark side is being the quick path to power, and this is true in more ways than one. Given that, and considering that a Sith likely reaches their full potential around the age of 30, or sooner. We can assume that by point of death i.e.17. He achieved almost two thirds of his potential.

Anakin on the other hand, received Jedi training, his learning curve was slow. And therefore by his 20's he was far from reaching his true potential. And while embracing the dark side fully would have granted that in time, he couldn't and so he remained at half strength, and his learning curve never gained the pace Marek's did.

These are just rough estimations, but the paint the general picture. And in reality are simply the nail in the coffin. There is plenty of evidence to support Marek being a superior Force user than Vader.

Edited by Beniboybling

And my response directly addressed this. Allow me to elaborate:

Galen Marek underwent intensive and unrestricted training from a young age, Sith training, at the feet of Darth Vader. In comparison to a Jedi, his learning curve would have been considerably steeper. Indeed the very nature of the dark side is being the quick path to power, and this is true in more ways than one. Given that, and considering that a Sith likely reaches their full potential around the age of 30, or sooner. We can assume that by point of death i.e.17. He achieved almost two thirds of his potential.

Anakin on the other hand, received Jedi training, his learning curve was slow. And therefore by his 20's he was far from reaching his true potential. And while embracing the dark side fully would have granted that in time, he couldn't and so he remained at half strength, and his learning curve never gained the pace Marek's did.

These are just rough estimations, but the paint the general picture. And in reality are simply the nail in the coffin. There is plenty of evidence to support Marek being a superior Force user than Vader.

? Galen wasn't 17 when he died, that is way too young.

Anakin's learning curve slow?....What? By the time of ROTS he was pretty much on par with the great Jedi Masters barring aside Yoda and Mace. He mastered his form in his 20's, his learning curve was hardly slow.

Yes a superior force user than Vader....at the time which isn't Vaders prime.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

? Galen wasn't 17 when he died, that is way too young.

Anakin's learning curve slow?....What? By the time of ROTS he was pretty much on par with the great Jedi Masters barring aside Yoda and Mace. He masted his form in his 20's, his learning curve was hardly slow.

Yes a superior force user than Vader....at the time which isn't Vaders prime.

Galen Marek was born in 19 BBY and died in 2 BBY. Making him 17 at point of death. Tragic, I know.

Anakin's learning curve was that of a Jedi, so it is categorically slower than that of a Sith. Granted Anakin progressed faster than others, but only because of his incredible Force potential, a trait Marek benefited from equally. However ultimately Jedi Training emphasises moderation and caution, while Sith Training encourages rapid progression.

P.S. There is no evidence to suggest that Vader became a more powerful Force user between the events of Force Unleashed and the Original Trilogy. No evidence at all. He may have improved as a duelist but likely nothing more.

Edited by Beniboybling

• 3 weeks later...
What? Oh no, I just, you know, I don't like Luke Skywalker, and think he's overated and stuff so.....putting him at the top of every bracket he qualifies is just a bit.... You know what, screw it, it was just a statement.

True. I mean, it's not like he became the most powerful Jedi ever.

Well, someone has to fill the spot - just so happens to be Luke.

I know but why Luke!?Why can't Sidious feel that spot?! I would even accepted Darth Traya(No I wouldn't)!

I mean he defeated the greatest Jedi killer because he talked bad about his sister, and started swinging his lightsaber around like an idiot! Darth Vader, a guy who has been perfecting his form for about 36 years, loses to his ugly son, who had one training session with Obi-Wan and a week with Yoda. What was George thinking?! So Luke Skywalker after some time becomes the most powerful Jedi of all time, that's great. The guy is the Bo Dallas of Star Wars, for God's sake!

I know but why Luke!?Why can't Sidious feel that spot?! I would even accepted Darth Traya(No I wouldn't)!

I mean he defeated the greatest Jedi killer because he talked bad about his sister, and started swinging his lightsaber around like an idiot! Darth Vader, a guy who has been perfecting his form for about 36 years, loses to his ugly son, who had one training session with Obi-Wan and a week with Yoda. What was George thinking?! So Luke Skywalker after some time becomes the most powerful Jedi of all time, that's great. The guy is the Bo Dallas of Star Wars, for God's sake!

Goood. Use your aggressive feelings, boy! Let the hate flow through you.