The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Project

Beniboybling

No offence Omega, but a nice narrative doesn't prove anything. Nihilus is his hunger. Do you really think if the wound closed he would just get on with his life. He doesn't have a gosh darn body! He can't even speak!

He is not his hunger. He doesn't need a body to exist.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listin, Nihilus learned the ways of the sith and the force. Force drain was the only power granted to him by g is wound.
No, all his power came from his wound. Where is your evidence to suggest otherwise? The basic mechanics of Force drain prove you wrong. Nihilus could use his colossal wound to draw on equally colossal amounts of Force energy, which allowed him to wield various Sith powers and Force powers. All that power still originated from his wound.

EDIT: Your arguments are unsupported speculation.

Edited by Beniboybling

No, all his power came from his wound. Where is your evidence to suggest otherwise? The basic mechanics of Force drain prove you wrong. Nihilus could use his colossal wound to draw on equally colossal amounts of Force energy, which allowed him to wield various Sith powers and Force powers. All that power still originated from his wound.

EDIT: Your arguments are unsupported speculation.

And where is it stated that Nihilus can only draw power from his wound?

Edited by Darth_Omega

Beni, a wound in the force isn't something someone can draw power off of. The only reason Nihilus' wound gave him the ability to use Force Drain (the only ability gained through the wound) was because the emptiness that he already had inside of him

Edit: when Nihilus tried to drain the exile, he couldn't because she was a wound, and wounds don't hold any power. Nihilus and the exile were very similar indeed.

Edited by Darth_Omega

And where is it stated that Nihilus can only draw power from his wound?
Traya's quote, which strongly implies that his hunger is the source of his power: "There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing."

Also the mechanics of Force drain:

Force drain referred to a spectrum of offensive and defensive Force powers, tied to the same concept, which used the dark side of the Force to tap into the strengths of an organic target.

"As much as one may use the Force to bolster the wills and strengths of others, the reverse is possible, though not often used. Instead of sending one's will through connections in the Force, instead such connections are drawn upon, fed upon, and drained completely."

Force drain is a means by which one can siphon Force energy itself, given that Nihilus does this on such a magnitude and continuously his body or his wound would have become a living conduit of Force energy allowing Nihilus to perform feats of unimaginable power. His reach in such a sense is entirely boundless and if he were to be considered for this list it would be impossible to gauge his power as it is entirely dependent on the level of Force energy he is able to siphon.

The very fact that before become the Lord of Hunger Nihilus was an unknown nobody points to this being the case. If he already had the power to rip fleets from the surface of planets I can assure you he would not have gone unnoticed. No, the wound inside of him greatly increased his ability to wield the Force.

And that's without considering, and I cannot stress this enough, that Nihilus is already incapable of being considered for this list as he existed as a non-corporeal entity.

Beni, a wound in the force isn't something someone can draw power off of. The only reason Nihilus' wound gave him the ability to use Force Drain (the only ability gained through the wound) was because the emptiness that he already had inside of him

Edit: when Nihilus tried to drain the exile, he couldn't because she was a wound, and wounds don't hold any power. Nihilus and the exile were very similar indeed.

Not true, the Mass Shadow Generator gave Birth to his wound, and his wound is why he is eternally hungering for force energy, because the wound will consume him if he doesn't feed it himself...

That wound still holds incredibly force potential energy, which allows him to perform great feats of sorcery and power. But still, there is no way to stop the wound consuming him, the point remains.

Your misunderstanding here, the wound is a conduit, not the source. A wound in the Force is a natural phenomena that continuously siphons the Force energies of that around it. The bigger it is, the bigger the Force drain - this is the source of Nihilus power, I'm confused as to how you missed this, its made quite plain in KOTOR 2.

Not true, the Mass Shadow Generator gave Birth to his wound, and his wound is why he is eternally hungering for force energy, because the wound will consume him if he doesn't feed it himself...

That wound still holds incredibly force potential energy, which allows him to perform great feats of sorcery and power. But still, there is no way to stop the wound consuming him, the point remains.

Indeed, Force wounds create dark side nexuses around them.

Traya's quote, which strongly implies that his hunger is the source of his power: "There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing."

Also the mechanics of Force drain:

Force drain referred to a spectrum of offensive and defensive Force powers, tied to the same concept, which used the dark side of the Force to tap into the strengths of an organic target.

"As much as one may use the Force to bolster the wills and strengths of others, the reverse is possible, though not often used. Instead of sending one's will through connections in the Force, instead such connections are drawn upon, fed upon, and drained completely."

Force drain is a means by which one can siphon Force energy itself, given that Nihilus does this on such a magnitude and continuously his body or his wound would have become a living conduit of Force energy allowing Nihilus to perform feats of unimaginable power. His reach in such a sense is entirely boundless and if he were to be considered for this list it would be impossible to gauge his power as it is entirely dependent on the level of Force energy he is able to siphon.

The very fact that before become the Lord of Hunger Nihilus was an unknown nobody points to this being the case. If he already had the power to rip fleets from the surface of planets I can assure you he would not have gone unnoticed. No, the wound inside of him greatly increased his ability to wield the Force.

And that's without considering, and I cannot stress this enough, that Nihilus is already incapable of being considered for this list as he existed as a non-corporeal entity.

Once again, Kriea never speaks all truths. Plus, she hated him, of course she will take every chance to put him down.

Nihilus had more abilities than just force drain. I never said Nihilus had the power to drain worlds before he became a wound, and I know he wouldn't have that power should his wound disappear.

I cannot stress this enough, Nihilus has more powers than force drain, and if you use the argument that his wound also bolstered those abilities, then the same goes for the exile. Either both of them can be considered for the lists, or neither of them.

Your misunderstanding here, the wound is a conduit, not the source. A wound in the Force is a natural phenomena that continuously siphons the Force energies of that around it. The bigger it is, the bigger the Force drain - this is the source of Nihilus power, I'm confused as to how you missed this, its made quite plain in KOTOR 2.

Nihilus has more powers than force drain, explain that. He could use the force, maybe?

So? He was giving it his all either way, Luke did not falter. Just look at the Duel on Bespin. Vader didn't want to kill Luke but that didn't stop him chopping of his hand. If Vader truly was more powerful than Luke at that time he would have overpowered Luke and at the very least disarmed him. One does not have to kill one's opponent to defeat him, but I can assure you Vader had every intention of defeating him.

If we place Windu above Jaina, we should place Kun above Jaina too.

And he probably would have won again. The difference is, this time, he succeded in making Luke using the Dark Side, which ultimately was the reason of the later's victory.

Don't think one thing is tied to the other, I think Windu could be considered more powerful than Kun. But either, it's not that absurd if we place the Sith Lord above her, Exar Kun's Force powers are way more impressive than Jaina's.

Nihilus has more powers than force drain, explain that. He could use the force, maybe?
You missed the point again, all Nihilus powers came from the Force energy his wound propagated, all of them. Using his wound Nihilus was able to siphon massive amounts of Force energy to do almost anything.

To quote myself:

"Force drain is a means by which one can siphon Force energy itself, given that Nihilus does this on such a magnitude and continuously his body or his wound would have become a living conduit of Force energy allowing Nihilus to perform feats of unimaginable power. His reach in such a sense is entirely boundless and if he were to be considered for this list it would be impossible to gauge his power as it is entirely dependent on the level of Force energy he is able to siphon.

The very fact that before become the Lord of Hunger Nihilus was an unknown nobody points to this being the case. If he already had the power to rip fleets from the surface of planets I can assure you he would not have gone unnoticed. No, the wound inside of him greatly increased his ability to wield the Force."

And Traya was just trying to undermine Nihilus ability? Really? Do you really believe that was the intentions of the writers? We can't disregard what characters are saying based on speculation.

Edited by Beniboybling

You missed the point again, all Nihilus powers came from the Force energy his wound propagated, all of them. Using his wound Nihilus was able to siphon massive amounts of Force energy to do almost anything.

To quote myself:

"Force drain is a means by which one can siphon Force energy itself, given that Nihilus does this on such a magnitude and continuously his body or his wound would have become a living conduit of Force energy allowing Nihilus to perform feats of unimaginable power. His reach in such a sense is entirely boundless and if he were to be considered for this list it would be impossible to gauge his power as it is entirely dependent on the level of Force energy he is able to siphon.

The very fact that before become the Lord of Hunger Nihilus was an unknown nobody points to this being the case. If he already had the power to rip fleets from the surface of planets I can assure you he would not have gone unnoticed. No, the wound inside of him greatly increased his ability to wield the Force."

And Traya was just trying to undermine Nihilus ability? Really? Do you really believe that was the intentions of the writers? We can't disregard what characters are saying based on speculation.

Nihilus could use the force. I'll explain this one more time. Hunger = wound + his own emptiness. His hunger gave him the force drain ability.

Imagine Nihilus without force drain, he still has other powers, he just can't devistate worlds anymore.

Traya does not have an almighty say, no matter what you think

And he probably would have won again. The difference is, this time, he succeded in making Luke using the Dark Side, which ultimately was the reason of the later's victory.

Don't think one thing is tied to the other, I think Windu could be considered more powerful than Kun. But either, it's not that absurd if we place the Sith Lord above her, Exar Kun's Force powers are way more impressive than Jaina's.

I don't know, I'm wary of Jaina being undermined simply because she didn't overtly display lots of flashy powers. Yet I don't possess enough knowledge on Jaina to reach a conclusion...

Can't say I'm sure on Windu over Kun either. Though Windu and Plagueis are very close in terms of Force ability, Plagueis being two rungs above Kun.

Nihilus could use the force. I'll explain this one more time. Hunger = wound + his own emptiness. His hunger gave him the force drain ability.

Imagine Nihilus without force drain, he still has other powers, he just can't devistate worlds anymore.

Traya does not have an almighty say, no matter what you think

Where is your evidence for this? I have put forward mutliple sources which make it overtly explicit that wounds in the Force propagate large amounts of Force energy, which is why Nihilus became so powerful, yet you are denying this is the case on no basis whatsoever. This is all your own opinion. Look at it.

I mean do you really believe that Nihilus could pull fleets from the surface of planets without his wound? Where the hell was this powerhouse during the Mandalorian Wars?

EDIT: There is no possible way we can judge what position Nihilus would take on this list. His abilities are entirely determined by the amount of Force energy surrounding him. It is no coincidence that Nihilus was only able to pull the Ravager from Malachor in the presence of a dark side nexus, and it is no coincidence that he was defeated when unable to use his hunger - effectively nullifying his power.

Edited by Beniboybling

Where is your evidence for this? I have put forward mutliple sources which make it overtly explicit that wounds in the Force propagate large amounts of Force energy, which is why Nihilus became so powerful, yet you are denying this is the case on no basis whatsoever. This is all your own opinion. Look at it.

I mean do you really believe that Nihilus could pull fleets from the surface of planets without his wound? Where the hell was this powerhouse during the Mandalorian Wars?

Like I said, he didn't have this power until Traya trained him in the force.

Read wookiepedia, they have the sources I'm coming from.

And please don't get angry, people don't see straight when they are angry.

Edit: it also takes some thought, as there is no canonical statement that Nihilus was nothing but a wound.

Edited by Darth_Omega

Like I said though, we need more opinions. I invite people to actually think about this, rather than blindly follow beni because you think he's cool, haha.

Edit: and yet he was still to powerful for the exile alone even without using his forcr drain :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Omega

Like I said, he didn't have this power until Traya trained him in the force.

Read wookiepedia, they have the sources I'm coming from.

And please don't get angry, people don't see straight when they are angry.

Please, present me with these sources. Telling me to go and read stuff is not helpful at all. Simply put you are incorrect.

And yes, Nihilus was a nobody until Traya came along and taught him how to use his hunger to achieve limitless ability in the Force - correct.

And I'm not getting angry here, I am stating the facts, if that comes across as offensive them I'm afraid that is because your opinion is very much misguided and flawed.

Wounds propagate Force energy. THIS IS FACT.

Edited by Beniboybling

Please, present me with these sources. Telling me to go and read stuff is not helpful at all. Simply put you are incorrect.

And yes, Nihilus was a nobody until Traya came along and taught him how to use his hunger to achieve limitless ability in the Force - correct.

And I'm not getting angry here, I am stating the facts, if that comes across as offensive them I'm afraid that is because your opinion is very much misguided and flawed.

It Is not misguided and flawed, I've actually spent the last couple of days researching and thinking about this.

I will post the sources when I get off work today.

Edit: actually, maybe tomorrow. I have plans tonight. Lol

Edited by Darth_Omega

Beni, just gotta say you are fun to argue with. I promise ill post the sources either tonight or tomorrow, when I get the cance (considering I have to go to work very soon, and I have plans with friends after that). I should have posted the sources in the first place, I do apologize good sir.