Stuck updating.

Hockaday

I'm having the same problem. Checked my firewall settings, running the program as admin, tried to wipe a bunch of launcher files per another forum post suggestion from a mod, redownloaded all the #$%^ files and got the same thing again. This is really irritating. I've never had this sort of issue either. Edited by Jimjim

I'm having the same problem. Checked my firewall settings, running the program as admin, tried to wipe a bunch of launcher files per another forum post suggestion from a mod, redownloaded all the #$%^ files and got the same thing again. This is really irritating. I've never had this sort of issue either.

You have to uninstall the game, then reinstall it. Only thing that worked for me.

I came across this in my forum search and it worked.

Please try re-downloading the latest version of the launcher and setup files from here.

Please then go to your game folder, delete the retailclient.swtor.version file and then try to patch again.

Hope this helps someone!

Generally, any time the launcher hangs when updating, 1) exit the launcher (you may have to kill the process), 2) delete the file "retailclient_swtor.version" in the game folder, 3) restart the launcher.

9 times out of 10, that will solve the problem.

I'm having issues with game client 106 too. it downloads, but it when it comes to install, it gets stuck at 0% and doesn't progress. help or advice would be greatly appreciated. everything i've tried so far, whether it being deleting file or anything else

I had to do a complete fresh reinstall. Though, I wonder if it was because I changed the loading screen (forgot I did that).

So if you guys did, try reverting it back to the original. If you didn't...then you'll have to do a fresh install.