The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactics pvp

Alpharus

Hello everyone! I've been back acouple weeks now after a long break. played both specs Assault and Tactics, I like Tactics. Assault can be Alright if you have the gear for it. I feel it's to squishy. Seen acouple assault spec PT's on my server do 900k. They were full Conqueror with augments. As of right now I'm full Partisan's combat tech with half my gear with Blue Reflex Augment 28, with Conqueror weapon.

Tips for Tactics

Use Explosive Surge to Build stacks of Pulse Generator in downtime, graveyard and running between points.

Ion pulse and Fire pulse also build Pulse Generator.

Always try to Stockstrike befor HiB auto crit.(if you can)

Try always to keep GUT up.

Use Pulse cannon as much as you can.

I use Shoulder Cannon when I get stunned and know I can't break it.

Save Hold the line for the classes you know will knock you back.

800 k dmg

http://imgur.com/PBxSLby

spec

http://imgur.com/wdAbeGG

Sorry tried to keep it short.

Tactics is decent for regular warzone play, but you'll be hard pressed to find a spot in ranked wzs. Sure you can damage, but I find killing blows are a better measure of a dps spec's effectiveness. Being the only non-healing AC without an execute really shows when you are hunting down healers.

One one more comment, not trying to be too critical because you did mention that you've been away from the game for a while; but in a game like that, those protection numbers need to be higher. Keep those taunts flying :)

Yeah Haven't been able to get on a ranked wz team people usually pass on a Vanguard. I usually solo que most of the cause pretty much all the people I've played with are gone. Yeah try to taunt as much as i can some games are tuff because most pugs don't like to focus healers. I myself was around 1700 rwz rating.The team i played on was around 2k.I know I'm not the best so pointers are always welcome.

Use Explosive Surge to Build stacks of Pulse Generator in downtime, graveyard and running between points.

Ion pulse and Fire pulse also build Pulse Generator.

Always try to Stockstrike befor HiB auto crit.(if you can)

Try always to keep GUT up.

Use Pulse cannon as much as you can.

I use Shoulder Cannon when I get stunned and know I can't break it.

Save Hold the line for the classes you know will knock you back.

All good tips. The rest is mostly just general skill. I'd say:

- Save weaving Shoulder Cannon for people under 30%.

- Remember to load missiles before you need them

- Time Battle Focus (crit ability) appropriately