Verpine armoring or arcanian set bonus?

terrorluth

Generally 4pc is better than higher stat non bonus armourings.

For jugg tank, the 4pc bonus is really nice :)

OFC, the mods and enchancements can be 72, but be sure to use the non lettered variants as they have more mitigation.

Sin tanks should never ditch their 4 piece set bonus since it is an armor increase. 4 Campaign set bonus armorings give you the same damage reduction as 4 Verpine armorings. So 4 Arkanian set bonus armorings are going to provide significantly more damage reduction than 4 Verpine armorings.

Powertech set bonus is a 2% defense chance increase. For fights that are all Force/Tech damage that set bonus isn't going to help and 4 Verpine armorings are better. But in practice most TFB and S&V fights don't fall under that category, and optimizing over the whole instance you'll find 4 Arkanian set bonus armorings cause you to take less damage than 4 Verpine armorings.

For Juggs, the 4 piece set bonus is very close to worthless. It mitigates 20 damage per second regardless of how high the incoming damage is. To illustrate this point, at 2500 premitigation boss DPS a Sin tank will mitigate an extra 22 DPS with set bonus, a Powertech will mitigate an extra 19 DPS with set bonus, and a Jugg will mitigate an extra 20 DPS with set bonus. 2500 premitgation means you're getting hit for around 600 DPS post-mitgation, that's Marauder facetanking levels. Actual bosses on the other hand can hit as hard as 3200 DTPS post mitigation, which backs out to about 11000 DPS pre mitigation (and then assuming WH is 100% Melee instead of 75%, makes this math go quicker). At that level, Sins mitigate 99 extra DPS with set bonus, Powertechs mitigate an extra 83 DPS with set bonus, and Juggs mitigate an extra 20 DPS with set bonus.

I'm not going to say anything to the likes of buff Juggs, but I'm running NIM progression on a Jugg that only has the 2 piece set bonus. And even that's because I couldn't get a BIS enhancement to drop on Verpine gear the week before NIM TFB dropped. There isn't reason for me to push for a 4 piece, it's just that bad of a set bonus in comparison to Sins and PTs (hell, I ran PT set bonus shells pre-2.0). I would really like to see something done to make the 4 piece appealing (but not buffing Juggs overall). Changing from increases Force Scream damage absorption by 20% to reduces cooldown of Force Scream by 3 seconds would do it for me. You would effectively increase Force Scream damage absorption by 33% (meaning you mitigate 33 DPS), but more importantly it would bring back the higher skill ceiling involved in running the pre-2.0 Hybrid.

Powertech set bonus is a 2% defense chance increase. For fights that are all Force/Tech damage that set bonus isn't going to help and 4 Verpine armorings are better. But in practice most TFB and S&V fights don't fall under that category, and optimizing over the whole instance you'll find 4 Arkanian set bonus armorings cause you to take less damage than 4 Verpine armorings.

The VG/PT 4 piece set bonus provides 2% Defense and 2% Resist chance so it actually *does* provide some benefit in F/T fights. It's just not a particularly *useful* benefit since you're going from a 100% chance to be hit to a 98% chance to be hit.