Best spec for leveling on PvP server?

Kurugi

Not actually sure if it matters as much in this game. I know in other MMOs sometimes people suggest adjusted leveling specs to account for random PvP encounters while questing, but that seems a lot less prevalent since a good portion of the planets are faction specific, and even the ones that are shared are usually quite segregated save for specific areas.

In any case, is there a suggested leveling spec for playing on a PvP server? I've played a GS to around 25 previously and always went with SS, and even though that was on a PvE server I did find success in warzones. However, was thinking of going Sab this time. I've heard it's more mobile and the shorter cooldown on grenades might make killing packs for quests faster as well, although I do like utilizing cover in PvP due to the extra defense/interrupt and leap immunity.

As a secondary question since I haven't played this class in a long time (or the game at all for that matter), is there any specific point you'd recommend waiting/starting warzones? I remember GS actually being quite good right out the gate in PvP but I still usually hold off until at least 20 or so when I have the more necessary abilities and talent trees start to define themselves a little more.

Saboteur is commonly the most recommended spec for leveling for its powerful and near constant AOE damage. While I haven't leveled on a PvP server, I can see Saboteur being very effective as the slow on Shock Charge is a great help against melee users, and Incendiary Grenade adds another stun to your arsenal.

There is no reason to wait before heading into warzones as the Gunslingers get some of their key abilities early on, like Quickdraw (their execute) is obtained at level 18! However, I'd recommend Sharpshooter for the lowest bracket, and once you reach level 30 then you can try other specs in Warzones.

Edited by AngelFluttershy

Thanks!

Would you recommend switching between Sab/SS for questing and doing warzones? I'm playing on a different server than I used to so I don't have any legacy yet so I don't know how long it will take to get field respecs. Don't wanna have to run back to the fleet every time I wanna do warzones, and I plan to do a lot.

If you're below level 30 and have Field Respec, sure why not? However, if you're in a middle of questing on a planet and your queue pops, it's not worth it to go back to Fleet to respec. That takes too much time and Saboteur still preforms fine.

The main difference between the two are players below 30 in SS will have an easier time killing players than Saboteurs (e.g. Diversion for Snipers, faster Aimed Shots with knockbacks, more armor pen, etc.). Saboteur still is great for defending capture points thanks to the shorter CD on Thermal Grenade and Contingency Charges give them a lot of burst every 30 seconds.

Edited by AngelFluttershy

i startet with dirty fighting. 11 points until sharp-bomb

then continued with sabo until sabotage, resumed dirtyfighting until lvl55

very mobile skill, you can run and hide and if you got a good cover position, you can fire away.

you got better def screen, short cds and a cd reset with sabotage. which makes me very hard to pin down.

with lvl 51 you get an ability, that makes you jump 18 meters directly in cover.

never thought gunslinger is so much fun, after i played every other class, but in the end, its my favorite pvp class

I figured DF wasn't that good until you get Wounding Shots. I honestly don't see the point in prioritizing Shrap Bomb early on since in PvP it'd probably only give you more overall damage but less actual kills, and while soloing I usually don't bother with long dots unless I'm fighting a gold. Always thought DF wasn't really worth bothering with until you get Wounding Shots, but I was definitely planning on trying it out at that point.

Thanks for the reply!