The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sentinel / Marauder Hate???

Pibbe

So i have not been playing much at all for a very long time, just logged in to do some RP and stuff (yes im in to RP).

Lately i have been wanting to play a Jedi Knight and i though hey a warrior with 2 sabers would be cool.

So I created my first Knight and now im about lvl 30, and everytime I enter a WZ or Flashpoint i ask for some tips about my class or the specific flashpoint (i have mostly RPéd and some random flashpoints and WZ on my 50 sorc).

Some of the responses i have gotten:

**** off scumbag Sentinel

LoL a Sent asking for help

Smash Monkey = No skills (*** is a smash monkey????)

You have the Founder Title and play a sent and you ask for help, leav us alone.

Some responses on WZ score bord:

LoL of Sent will get most kills, prolly a noob anyway

Sent that died LOLOLOL

Some responses to the actully Warzone game:

How the **** did you manage to die Sent?

Smash monkey doing bad lol (Again *** is a smash monkey?)

If i ask what is a smash monkey?

I ALLWAYS get the respons: YOU!

I play the spec Watchman BTW, if that have anything to do with it...

This is getting so frustrating that I think im just gonna stop leveling my Sentinel...

I turn of the Chat from time to times but i cant help asking if this get any better at 55?

I hope so cause i dont understand where all the hate comes from...

Smash is the warrior's name for force sweep.

Most sents/maras are noobs with omg two lightsticks, and the class is perhaps a little overpowered, so they aren't really beloved.

It should improve at 55 where much of the noobiness has been weeded out.

Never had that response myself, I have heard repeatedly that in the end game Sentinal/Marauder are squishy, which is sort of true compared to Guardian/Juggernaut, but not compared to gunslingers/snipers/sages/shadows/sorcerors/assassins. In short it's a half truth, personally I've finished the story for sith warrior with out any major hitches, and I'm trying the Juggernaut (and a guardian as well) who I'm finding is completely lacking in punch, seriously, I know he has one saber, but my word is he weak.

Smash monkey is either a reference to button mashing or the fact that Sentinals/marauders hit hard and fast mostly, having said that I've seen guardians go down faster than sentinals (and Juggernauts go down faster than marauders). When that happens it suddenly the games fault, because the player behind the Guardian/Juggernaut knows they are perfect (Idiots usually).

Sents\Marauders do have a noob stigma - players who break CC and charge in front of the tank in flashpoints, lemmings who tunnelvision targets in PvP, etc.

However, you shouldn't be getting so much trash-talk (if any at all), unless you're something very wrong. If you know what you're doing, people (mostly) don't react like this.

"Smash monkey" is Focus/Rage-specced Warrior - usually Sent or Marauder, which is easy to handle, has strong frontloaded damage, and thus, stomps unskilled and stupid players (Commandos that kite by backpedalling, apply electronet after the enemy has already charged, Sages that try to tank melee while casting, etc, etc) - that's one of the reasons for all this angst.

Edited by Helig

However, you shouldn't be getting so much trash-talk (if any at all), unless you're something very wrong. If you know what you're doing, people (mostly) don't react like this.

This.

From level 1 to 55 and never had a single problem about my class, all this hate around Marauder/Sentinel looks quite strange.