The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Heat Blast

TLCuddy

So I'm fairly new to the PT I leveled him over the double XP and I'm having a blast with this class. I mostly PvP with him ST tree, but I just don't understand the point of heat blast, it doesn't seem to do much. I read the description but I'm not getting it, myabe its the mech of it or whatever, but it doesn't seem to be on the same caliber as wither(Assassin) or Crushing Blow(Jugg) top defense tree skills, which are both huge treat, and both viable in PvP with the debuffs and damage they apply! Edited by TLCuddy

Shield Absorption increased by 25% -> very nice

Damage without respecting the gcd -> also nice

vents heat -> always nice

As for the debuffs Wither does, you get the damage reduction from Flame Blast / Flame Sweep, and the reduced movement speed by Flame Sweep (if you skilled both)

In my opinion it may not do as much damage, but you get better protection from it then the Assassin gets from his ability, and the debuffs may come from other sources but are still the same. (Can't talk for Juggernaut as I never played that one )

It is the bread and butter of ST tree. It boosts your absorption to high levels, hence you will be wanting reasonable amount of shield stat for it to be effective. Do not compare it to other tank classes' top skill as we get our debuffs from our instant skills.

Just imagine, with 0 absorption stat from your gear, you can already bring it to 49% every 6 seconds with heat blast assuming you take ablative upgrades.

Edited by dijskykiller