The Mother of All PvP Encounters

Andryah

Yeah, Andryah, hate to break it to you but instanced PvP is still real PvP too.

:rolleyes:

Now Arenas are coming out soon. ;)

MMO PVP is an absolute joke when there is zero risk associated with it. But I am glad that your no-risk PVP makes you happy.

MMO PVP is an absolute joke when there is zero risk associated with it. But I am glad that your no-risk PVP makes you happy.

The lowest risk we can get is being grouped up with bads, end up on the losing team, and finishing the game in just a few minutes because of a bad team. I don't care whether there's some sort of real risk or not involved, but as long as it's real multiplayer then I'm content.

I know PvE has way more risk because of credit and time sinks and stuff, but fighting scripted mobs bores me.

:p

Edited by MrJurgens

/Agree.

Real PvP has consequences, and the results have persistence in the world. RvR in the old DAoC had consequences and persistence at the realm level. EVE takes it to an entirely new level. In EVE the consequences can and often are severe...for entire corporations and for players. PvP destroys corporations in some cases in EVE. It also destroys players.

Instanced PvP in MMOs like this one are nothing more then jousting matches, with no consequences what so ever. It's a phony in every way...fine for some diversion and entertainment.. but its absence of any persistence of results or consequence makes it meaningless. And we wonder why there is no realm pride on the servers of any note.

Edited by Andryah

The lowest risk we can get is being grouped up with bads, end up on the losing team, and finishing the game in just a few minutes because of a bad team. I don't care whether there's some sort of real risk or not involved, but as long as it's real multiplayer then I'm content.

I know PvE has way more risk because of credit and time sinks and stuff, but fighting scripted mobs bores me.

:p

Dieing in PVE is the only real risk in this game. PVP matches are like half-court B-Ball games with your friends. Someone wins, someone loses. Oh well.

Edited by TheBBP

I think 3 hours is patient enough considering any thread I start that even mentions STO or WS gets shut down in less than an hour.

What, do some of us get special break the forum rules privileges?

:cool:

That is a really cool story brother. Are you with anger?

Edited by TheBBP

I feel the same way about players who think PvP games need risk or consequences in order to be fun.

Its always fun, unless you're the one losing something.

EVE is a gank-fest for the devs & their friends, nothing more.

I feel the same way about players who think PvP games need risk or consequences in order to be fun.

Its always fun, unless you're the one losing something.

EVE is a gank-fest for the devs & their friends, nothing more.

To each his own brother. Good thing for all of us, is that there are options. FWIW, I do not equate EVE to having a good system. I just recognize the risk factor compared to no-risk fun.

Now this is some real PvP. :D

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/video-game-starship-worth-9-000-destroyed-ambush-190533986.html

Not just some head banging in a set piece instance... this was both strategic, planned, and well played.

And that's why I love EVE :)

Always a consequence to everything you do. This event will follow that brave (foolish) capsuleer for a loooong time hehe. Nobody's going to trust him to carry a Starbucks order now :p