The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

REAL World PVP PLEASE!!!! and No Lag

Jay-Will

I am a huge MMO player(GW, WOW, Aion, Rift, S2 etc) I played SWTOR and was very excited at launch and after a month it got boring and laggy so I left. Recently came back because of the F2p and it seems to have improved , but the game is still very laggy (I7 3rd gen comp with 16 g of ram, comcast) and boring because of no real world pvp. In other games that I played, there was always the threat that another faction that's higher or with their guild ganking people. That promotes chats on general discussion board, guild and faction loyalty and an addition to another level of excitement. There know one out there even in the contested planets, Nothing. Swtor has a cool concept, with the comapnions, crew skills and the Warzones are really fun. But you need to fix the lag. I have never seen soooo many discussion about the lag, Bioware/EA you have to fix the lag, YOU KNOW ITS a problem. FIX IT. I see guys with awesome computers with 50 mb or higher internet plans that cannot play your game on medium settings, but I can play Rift or Wow on my work comp with just an I5 and intel graphics 4000. FIX THE LAG PROBLEM. Secondly allow the republic and empire the ability to enter each other planets systems Make all planets are contested so you can promote more interactions/conflict and fun. If you want to be the top MMO FIX THE LAG and introduce real world PVP.

Your PC build should be fine. I'm on i7 2nd gen, 16g RAM @ 1600 and dual ATI 5770s in crossfire. Runs as smooth as silk on very high graphics settings. I have run choppy before on fullscreen in crossfire. Went away when I ran the game fullscreen (windowed). Try it windowed. I like running windowed b/c it's easier to tab out. You should not be lagging..unless you're having internet issues or no graphics card. Your system should beast through anything.

I am a huge MMO player(GW, WOW, Aion, Rift, S2 etc) I played SWTOR and was very excited at launch and after a month it got boring and laggy so I left. Recently came back because of the F2p and it seems to have improved , but the game is still very laggy (I7 3rd gen comp with 16 g of ram, comcast) and boring because of no real world pvp. In other games that I played, there was always the threat that another faction that's higher or with their guild ganking people. That promotes chats on general discussion board, guild and faction loyalty and an addition to another level of excitement. There know one out there even in the contested planets, Nothing. Swtor has a cool concept, with the comapnions, crew skills and the Warzones are really fun. But you need to fix the lag. I have never seen soooo many discussion about the lag, Bioware/EA you have to fix the lag, YOU KNOW ITS a problem. FIX IT. I see guys with awesome computers with 50 mb or higher internet plans that cannot play your game on medium settings, but I can play Rift or Wow on my work comp with just an I5 and intel graphics 4000. FIX THE LAG PROBLEM. Secondly allow the republic and empire the ability to enter each other planets systems Make all planets are contested so you can promote more interactions/conflict and fun. If you want to be the top MMO FIX THE LAG and introduce real world PVP.

First go to a PVP server, that's as close as RP players want to see happen.

Second, they can't fix the Lag, they can introduce measures to reduce it, but part of the Lag is the route via the internet which your computer connects with the game, it is outside their control. Short of EA buying every server and router that makes up the internet, there is nothing anybody can do about that part of Lag. Having said that, when there are a few people on the server, or even the planet, then Lag does increase, but not as bad as it used to when F2P first launched.