The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

thought i'd share my dps spec with you

so i made this spec today and have had a blast all day

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZrsM0oZfhMrdorcM.3

i use it for PvP and everyone goes down really fast

try it out and let me know what you think :cool:

updated it a bit and i must say it does very well imo mostly because of trading in TD for a hard hitting ion pulse wich is spammable unlike TD and SS + the added damage of another spammable ability(gut)..

it's still pretty weak compared to most other dps classes though(lack of burst) but as long as there are'nt to many dispellers around you can put some serious pressure on your target.

Edited by hallucigenocide

[quote name='ausmisc']Yeah I wouldn't be too keen on using Gut without speccing into it properly (increased dmg, slow etc.)[/QUOTE] i would want that but not enough points available i'm afraid.. and even though it's not fully buffed it still does good damage and have nice synergy with the other 2 dots.. and unlike TD it can be applied to multiple targets if needed

The cookie cutter old full assault spec is still fun to play :( the burst is a joke but i like having more buttons to push :p

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMZMcZfhrrzorffdz.3

yeah it's a shame the burst got nerfed especially since they nerfed survivability too :(

but i feel that my spec has more of an edge than the cookie cutter build because i can take down 2-3 targets at the same time with strong dots and kiting and also ion pulse pulse hits pretty hard. it's all about spammable abilites really.. only downside to it is those damn cleansing healers.. >.<

Edited by hallucigenocide

yeah it's a shame the burst got nerfed especially since they nerfed survivability too :(

but i feel that my spec has more of an edge than the cookie cutter build because i can take down 2-3 targets at the same time with strong dots and kiting and also ion pulse pulse hits pretty hard. it's all about spammable abilites really.. only downside to it is those damn cleansing healers.. >.<

I think of things from more of a glass cannon point of view and never grab stuff like power armor and such but i look at it from a rated pvp point of view where yes survivability should be high on the list for a class in a rated comp but at the same time maximizing burst potential is imo what should be our main focus BUT than again I find myself asking why the hell my vangurds in a rated group as a dps anyway so :p who knows anymore.

I think of things from more of a glass cannon point of view and never grab stuff like power armor and such but i look at it from a rated pvp point of view where yes survivability should be high on the list for a class in a rated comp but at the same time maximizing burst potential is imo what should be our main focus BUT than again I find myself asking why the hell my vangurds in a rated group as a dps anyway so :p who knows anymore.

haha i dont even bother with rated it would'nt be fair to have the rest carry me :p maybe one day if we get some proper burst back :(

haha i dont even bother with rated it would'nt be fair to have the rest carry me :p maybe one day if we get some proper burst back :(

My first rated games god willing my computer doesn't blow up on me again or something will be friday I have a gut feeling i'll be asked to swap to my smasher after a few games :p

Alternative that focuses a bit more on utility.

Good players still make the class work. I'd still like to see some of the 2.0 nerfs undone though (bring back the old Assault Plastique for starters).

Thats the spec I have been PvPing with, until last night when I gave the Hybrid 2,22,22 a go.

I've now switched as it just seems to have a little more DPS (adds about 200dps) for me anyway. I spent an hour last night using both specs on the training dummy and I always got more DPS with the 2,22,22 spec than the 11,10,25

How is the rotation you use?

pretty much the same as you would with full assault but a bit more fast paced since you dont rely as much on cool downs. apply your dots (incendiary, ion pulse & gut) then just work on resetting HiB

when fighting more then one try to apply atleast 2 of the dots on the targets and kite them.. ion pulse is your friend here it hits pretty hard so just work it in there as much as possible.