Companion bug

crunchbarry

Any idea if the companion ability bar bug is being fixed or has even been recognized as an actual bug?

Can't expand the companion ability bar. Pressing the expand button (+) to the right of the bar hides it, and there is no way to get it back after that until they reset the server during maintenance - at which point pressing the (+) simply hides the bar again instead of expanding it.

Its a never-ending cycle of me not being able to control my companion. I would like to be able to control my companion.

Make sure you don't have the Companion Quickbar disabled from Interface Editor. What you describe sounds like what happens if you do.

Press Esc, click Interface Editor and select the piece called Companion Quickbar. In the lower section of the Interface Editor window make sure Enabled is clicked.

If that doesn't fix it for you, does "not being able to control my companion" include keybinds? By that I mean: do the keybinds for companion control no longer work when the bar is hidden?

Make sure you don't have the Companion Quickbar disabled from Interface Editor. What you describe sounds like what happens if you do.

Press Esc, click Interface Editor and select the piece called Companion Quickbar. In the lower section of the Interface Editor window make sure Enabled is clicked.

If that doesn't fix it for you, does "not being able to control my companion" include keybinds? By that I mean: do the keybinds for companion control no longer work when the bar is hidden?

While i thank you for the input - I'm speaking of the companion portrait. There is an ability bar attached to the portrait and it is currently bugged. Test it out yourself. I don't use the companion quickbar because its too large. And why would I use it anyway when the ability bar is attached to my portrait?