Rage VS Vengeance for PvE

Before any one calls me out for being a smasher or anything like that I'm new to Jugg DPS trying to do whatever is going to provide the best mix of utility and sustained DPS to my raid. That said....

I'm an oddball; I rolled a Mara first and can do decent dps on him (~2700 on dummy in 69s) but then I decided I wanted to try a Jugg as well so I rolled one of those, intending to tank on her. Now my guild has a surplus of tanks and I find myself being asked to DPS on my Jugg but I can't seem to find any consistency. I've been basically gearing her to match the stats of the Mara (0 Crit, ~70% Surge, ~99.5% Accuracy, everything else Strength and Power). And from reading on here it seems that that is the right way to go. What I'm concerned about is that when I read about Jugg dps people talk a lot about vengeance yet I find a much larger number of Rage parses. I will admit that there are a large number of fights in both S&V and TFB that favor being able to quickly switch targets or dealing with multiple adds at once in which case it seems pretty clear that Rage would be more viable than Vengeance simply because an auto-crit, buffed Smash hits for ~8-9k on my Mara and my Jugg seems to be hitting numbers that match the gear scaling between the two.

The issue arises when I find a large number of Rage parses for fights like Kephess or Styrak where there is no benefit to having such high burst versus such low sustained. My questions boils down to this: On a dummy, Vengeance parses are wonderful and fun but which spec do you actually use if/when you raid? And if you switch can you give me an idea of for which fights?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play whichever you prefer. Bother are viable and do very similar dps on Single Target fights.

From my experience RNG plays a much larger role in Veng. It can account for ~100dps. This of course is in relation to Rampage proc's. Doing parses I've gone without proc'ing Rampage for the full 30s cd of Ravage quite a lot. Then another parse I've proc'd it numerous times back to back on cd. A lot of people I've seen parsing and complaining they can't come up with the same numbers others are are two-fold;

1)Rampage RNG(they've had bad RNG)

2)Not keeping their bleeds up as close to them coming off CD as possible.(if you look through other sections and the dps tracking thread SSFish mentions this often as well)

Rage doesn't have a random proc. You control the setup and execution. Rage is the easier of the 2 rotations as well.

I personally play Rage and rarely respec to Veng anymore(I used to when 2.0 first came out on any fight that my guilds strat doesn't rely on me doing add duty)

And for Reference my main is Rah'jid in the guild Tempest on Pot5 server

Vengeance takes a bit of a higher "fight IQ" because you need to monitor the ICD of your Ravage proc and be aware of when movement phases will occur so you don't waste Ravage because the boss moves during the channel.

Rage takes a bit more work from the tank, because ideally the tank will position the boss near the adds in a phase if possible, otherwise it takes away from Rage's potential.

I personally raid in Vengeance because I'm extremely comfortable with the priority order of its attacks.

If you look at parses since 2.0, Vengeance/Vigilance cover the board, because when you can stand still as ravage, and get lucky with your ravages, you will do a bunch of damage. As for Rage, since I believe you never use a channeled attack, then everything you do is instant.

When you don't have to break channels as Vengeance, you will do more DPS - when you have to be moving a lot, Rage will win the day - a little annoying, but for fights like Op 9 it makes it pretty straightforward.

Not sure where the idea came from but I see it said a lot how Rage doesn't use channeled abilities. YES Rage no longer uses Force Choke, however Rage does use Ravage on CD. I see it said a lot or mentioned all over the place that Rage doesn't use channeled abilities ever. Seen some people say you should never use Ravage, but I challenge you to go parse with and without it. You'll see WITH Ravage the dps is higher. Especially when used during CP.

For more verification, go to Torparse and look up myself(Rah'jid) or Loufucai.

Not sure where the idea came from but I see it said a lot how Rage doesn't use channeled abilities. YES Rage no longer uses Force Choke, however Rage does use Ravage on CD. I see it said a lot or mentioned all over the place that Rage doesn't use channeled abilities ever. Seen some people say you should never use Ravage, but I challenge you to go parse with and without it. You'll see WITH Ravage the dps is higher. Especially when used during CP.

If you have the Juggernaut 4 piece (8% to scream) then you don't use Ravage

So I've been toying with Rage a bit more, since I'm seeing it as a much more effective spec for NiM S&V (at least for some of the fights). I know I'm not quite on top of the rotation like you and Loufucai, but I did some side-by-side between my parses and yours. Are you just getting some above-average crit rates, or does Rage require some Crit stacking in gear? It seems to me that running crit is more of a necessity in Rage than Vengeance, but I'm curious as to what the more experienced Smashers think on the topic.

I was looking at Rah'jid's parses and I noticed a fairly high crit rate on obliterate and scream, which isn't something that I have been getting (I only run a single crit enhancement). I'm also confused about where ravage should fit in, I usually save it for after a crush when scream is on cooldown, but from the looks of those parses I should just be using it on cooldown assuming smash isn't coming up soon?

EDIT: Rah'Jid uses an awkward looking sequence on his fifth smash cycle which seems to be the key to keeping all the cooldowns in sync, when I stray from that I end up with obliterate and smash off cooldown at the same time. Finishing the smash cooldown with sundering assault is also something that seems to be key, at least that didn't occur to me before I looked at this parse.

One thing that does bother me is that if I stuff up the sequence in a fight (pretty common) and I get obliterate and smash off cooldown at the same time, I find it difficult to fix it up, and end up having obliterate and smash ready to use at the same time for the rest of the encounter.

Edited by Marb

I'm not in game so I can't give my full stat breakdown, but I have zero crit rating(but Force crit is 26% and melee is 19%). My ACC is at 99.91%, Surge = 86%.

Not sure of my Str or Power.

As far as when to fit Ravage in, I use it as close to it being off CD as possible, however I try to use it during CP(Cascading Power). Generally I try to follow a couple rules of thumb;

If Force Crush is off cd, I use it as my first ability after Smash,

If Ravage is off CD, that's my 2nd,

if no Ravage, then I use Scream and Obliterate.

I use Sunder when my Rage is low and I don't have the 6s buff from Enrage running.(it does tend to be used prior to a smash so I have as much Rage as possible after a Smash)

When everything is on cd I spam V.Slash until something comes off cd.

As far as my crit in my parses. Usually on ST boss fights I average ~31% crit. I've seen it spike up to 38%(usually on add fights). I've even had some at 29%. But usually it's around 31%.

I added more crit rating to test it out, but I did a couple parses with 150ish crit rating and it came out to my usual range so I went back to full power. I know that's not a lot of crit to add, but I don't have any more crit rating mods/enh/crystals than that. Maybe I'll add more in later and see, but I don't feel like losing that much power will be as good since crit's RNG is too high.(like I said seeing as low as 29% and as high as 38% with no crit and getting similar results with 150 crit was blah)

Also I run with both 4pc and 2/2pc. On a fight with high movement where I can't always use Ravage as often as possible I run 4pc. But on a fight where we basically stand still and don't move much I use 2/2pc. If you can use Ravage on CD it will put out more dmg for you than Scream. But if you can't use Ravage as often, then obviously scream wins out since it can be used even during movement.

Oh and for my spec it's 0/10/36. not sure what you guys were running so thought I'd throw that out there also.

Edited by Scooch

I'm not in game so I can't give my full stat breakdown, but I have zero crit rating(but Force crit is 26% and melee is 19%). My ACC is at 99.91%, Surge = 86%.

As far as when to fit Ravage in, I use it as close to it being off CD as possible, however I try to use it during CP(Cascading Power). Generally I try to follow a couple rules of thumb;

I use Sunder when my Rage is low and I don't have the 6s buff from Enrage running.(it does tend to be used prior to a smash so I have as much Rage as possible after a Smash)

As far as my crit in my parses. Usually on ST boss fights I average ~31% crit. I've seen it spike up to 38%(usually on add fights). I've even had some at 29%. But usually it's around 31%.

I added more crit rating to test it out, but I did a couple parses with 150ish crit rating and it came out to my usual range so I went back to full power. I know that's not a lot of crit to add, but I don't have any more crit rating mods/enh/crystals than that. Maybe I'll add more in later and see, but I don't feel like losing that much power will be as good since crit's RNG is too high.(like I said seeing as low as 29% and as high as 38% with no crit and getting similar results with 150 crit was blah)

Also I run with both 4pc and 2/2pc. On a fight with high movement where I can't always use Ravage as often as possible I run 4pc. But on a fight where we basically stand still and don't move much I use 2/2pc. If you can use Ravage on CD it will put out more dmg for you than Scream. But if you can't use Ravage as often, then obviously scream wins out since it can be used even during movement.

Oh and for my spec it's 0/10/36. not sure what you guys were running so thought I'd throw that out there also.

I'm just having terrible luck on my parses then. I've kept my Vengeance suit on (~150 Crit), and I still have horrible crit rates for Scream/Obliterate. I was running 2/7/36 for a bit (extra 2 Rage on Sunder) until I got the balance down on how many V.Slash I could use between Smashes, but yeah, I can't really see any other way to spend the points in Rage spec. Sadly, there's little room for variance in any of our specs right now, but that is just a small gripe.

I try to follow this:

Opener:

Force Throw -> Leap -> Crush -> Sundering -> Smash -> Ravage

Priority Rotation:

Obliterate -> Crush or Enrage -> Smash

Obliterate -> Scream

Vicious Throw (not on dummy obviously)

Vicious Slash

Sundering Assault

After Smash Priority:

Ravage

Vicious Throw (not on dummy obviously)

Obliterate

Crush

Scream

Vicious Slash

Sundering Assault

Spec: 0/10/36 like yours. Set bonus 2/2.

Stim and buffs of course. Clicky Relic is on CD but I don't use adrenals for the dummy.

I'm new to Rage and the best parse I have gotten on the dummy so far is 2263:

http://www.torparse.com/a/337219/1/0/Damage+Dealt

My gear is fully optimized lvl 72 (acc 110%, no crit rating or alacrity, stacked Power and Surge) and I currently use UW Boundless Ages and Partisan Ser. Assault for Relics

I usually play Vengeance but I've been struggling to keep up in HM/NiM S&V and wanted to try Rage. I saw that one of your dummy parses is at 2800 so I would appreciate if you review mine and offer any tips.

Thanks!

Edited by mlambros

Just from a quick snap shot I can see that your APM is very low for a Rage Juggernaut@34.69 APM. In Rage, most Juggernauts will hit 40 APM. Are you parsing on the fleet dummy or your ship dummy? Do you have high latency? Do you have your ability queue set to 1.0s?

Just using napkin math based on your average damage per hit, if you were hitting 40 APM that's an extra 200 DPS.

Your crit rate of Smash is@86.79%. I checked your logs and found 6 instances where you used Smash without having the buff that makes it auto crit. I found 2 more instances where you used Smash without Shockwave stacks. That's another 40 DPS.

Other than that, your abilities seem to hit for a few hundred damage less than the top Rage Juggs. This I can't really explain unless you weren't stimmed, and I can see that you definitely didn't use any adrenals.

Comparing your parse to Loufucai's - he used Obliterate > Smash roughly every 9.5s. You used it roughly every 12-13s. That's 30% of your damage, you really need to concentrate on maximizing its use to get the most out of the spec.

Basically it looks like there's some areas you can tighten up to squeeze 100+ DPS out of, and then if you figure out the APM thing you should be able to hit the 2600-2700 range which isn't bad at all. It comes down to practice and muscle memory. I can be pretty inconsistent with Rage because I'm so keyed in to the Vengeance timing and memory, but I have hit a 2850 parse with the spec where I was definitely in the zone as far as my timing and decision making - it just took enough repetition to get me there.

I'm new to Rage and the best parse I have gotten on the dummy so far is 2263:

http://www.torparse.com/a/337219/1/0/Damage+Dealt

Thanks!

First thing I noticed is your APM is lowish. Are you parsing on the fleet or your ship dummy? Usually on a ship dummy since there's no movement or anything to worry about APM's should be up to ~40. If you look at my 2 parses(1 under kills and 1 under deaths) my APM's are at 39.7 and 40.5. If you're on your ship dummy, are you waiting until the GCD comes off before using abilities? I have a slight edge since I use the Razor SWToR mouse, but I'm literally spamming my next move prior to GCD coming off so there's the minimal amount of time. You can also turn on ability queue-ing and pre-queue your next ability as well.

2nd thing I noticed is you are using smash without Dominate proc'd. That will be a big help. You only had 86.78% crit on Smash. That should be 100%. I mess up sometimes myself and get one without Dominate. But it should never be lower than ~98%.(obviously you want it a perfect 100) It can get frustrating since SerAss relic's proc looks identical to Dominate as well as your clicky powers icon. Wish they'd change those icons personally.

3rd thing is your miss %. It seems kinda high all things considered. Especially since you missed 1.89% with Smash. That will crush your dps since it's your hardest hitter and CP doesn't proc if Smash records no dmg. From the way I've seen it work, I can only assume they coded it and linked CP to Shockwave. Since if a smash misses or hits nothing at all you don't lose shockwave and you don't gain CP. To get myself as close to 100% without going over I used 1 ACC aug btw.

my opener is the following;

Enrage> Charge> Smash > F.Crush > Ravage > Scream > obliterate> sunder

That brings you back to Smash as your next ability. After then it becomes your priority rotation. You spam V. Slash when everything is on CD. You want to use your abilities with cd's as close to them coming off of CD as possible.

My priority list is kinda weird/funky. I have specific times I use abilities. F. Crush should always be your first move after smash when it's off cd(every other smash). my 2nd move is Ravage when possible. Followed by Scream and then Obliterate. But this is my after smash priority list;

With CP up;

F. Crush(this is first because the entire DoT duration will get the affect of CP)

Ravage

Scream

Obliterate

Sunder

V.Slash

Now cd's don't always line up perfectly so you won't always get to use those during a CP or even in that order. I will hold an abiltity with a cd for about 2s total if smash is almost off cd. Otherwise I use them asap. Ravage will be held if smash is within 3s. but no more. Sometimes you'll have ravage come off cd as your 3rd ability during CP. Even tho CP falls off before the last tick you still use it. Basically if you hold CD abilities too long you start to lose uses of those abilities. At the end of a boss fight that's 6mins or more, holding abilities for long durations adds up to a lot of missed uses.

The best thing I can say to people who mostly play Veng is you gotta think of anything with a CD like it was your bleeds. You want to use them as often as possible as close to their cd coming off as you can.(the only exception to that is Sunder/Enrage since you only want to use them if you won't over cap Rage) CP is a great buff and you want to use your heavy hitters during it as often as possible, but not at the expense of time wasted.(meaning an ability with a cd not being on cd)

As far as Relics, currently I use UW Ser.***. and DG BA.(haven't won a roll for a 2nd relic yet) I have 75 bracers, rest 72's with Might augs.(except I still need 1 more implant as well as that relic) My Stats are the following(in game so I can check.)

Class buffs and reusable stimmed;

Str 3257

Power 1379

Dmg(Pri) 1520-1771

Bonus 1016.9; (Force) 1535.5

ACC 99.91%; 109.91%

Crit 19.49%; 26.01%

Surge 85.94%

since I'm Bio I also use adrenals for dummy parses. I haven't parsed in a while tho. Both of those up are about a month old or so. My best parse for a 5min run has been 2866dps in my current setup. Still working to get it higher but mostly waiting on my last 2 UW pieces. (or some KD pieces as well. but I think I could prob get to ~2900 if I had my UW relic and implant and at least decent RNG on crit)

Edited by Scooch

The best thing I can say to people who mostly play Veng is you gotta think of anything with a CD like it was your bleeds. You want to use them as often as possible as close to their cd coming off as you can.(the only exception to that is Sunder/Enrage since you only want to use them if you won't over cap Rage) CP is a great buff and you want to use your heavy hitters during it as often as possible, but not at the expense of time wasted.(meaning an ability with a cd not being on cd)

As far as Relics, currently I use UW Ser.***. and DG BA.(haven't won a roll for a 2nd relic yet) I have 75 bracers, rest 72's with Might augs.(except I still need 1 more implant as well as that relic) My Stats are the following(in game so I can check.)

Str 3257

Power 1379

Dmg(Pri) 1520-1771

ACC 99.91%; 109.91%

Crit 19.49%; 26.01%

Surge 85.94%

So if Scream comes off of CD with 3 left on the CD for Obliterate, go Scream > Obliterate > Smash, or V.Slash > Obliterate > Smash > Scream?

I'm inclined to hold Scream for CP buff, but it sounds like you are advocating the former....

So if Scream comes off of CD with 3 left on the CD for Obliterate, go Scream > Obliterate > Smash, or V.Slash > Obliterate > Smash > Scream?

I'm inclined to hold Scream for CP buff, but it sounds like you are advocating the former....

I usually go the first one. When 2.0 first dropped I used to hold abilities for CP a lot. Then I looked at parses and realized/saw how many times I didn't get to use the ability simply because I waited 3s+ just to get that extra dmg on it. It might not seem like a lot of missed uses but the buff from CP won't add up to the abilities lost is what I'm getting at;(math nuts get ready to rip me a new one cuz this is as dumbed down and quick as I could make it)

Scream is 12s cd. if you hold it for 3s on average that means it technically has a 15s cd(for easy math). in a 6min fight you would use Scream 24 times. If you use it on cd in a 6min fight it comes to 26.6 times. So you're missing at least 2 screams. Say your average scream(non crit) hits for 3k(again for easy math), you're only gaining 270dmg(9% of 3k) on a Scream if you hold it to use during CP.

I'm sure mathnuts will have a field day with that. But that's my logic behind it. CP is a great boon to us, but at the end of the day it's not an end all be all buff window that makes your abilities hit for drastically higher amounts. you want to get all your heavy hitters in there as often as possible, but it's still a buff to any ability that you use in the end. And missing out on ability uses just to gain the 9% dmg bonus from the buff doesn't equal out imo.

Edited by Scooch

It can get frustrating since SerAss relic's proc looks identical to Dominate as well as your clicky powers icon. Wish they'd change those icons personally.

THIS. So much this. Basically need to have an extra memory whether you have Obliterate before Smash.

Thanks for your breakdown scooch, it has been a big help to me. I think I'm hitting a wall with gear as my best parse is 2699 with average of about 2650 (mostly good 69's with dread guard relics). I'm pretty happy with that considering the gear I'm in atm, your information has helped lift me out of that 2500 range. Edited by Marb

Yeah no problem and glad I could help. I always enjoy seeing more juggs being competitive in Raids. Good luck with getting some more upgrades but yeah you seem to be about where you should be now if you're in 69's. :)

First thing I noticed is your APM is lowish. Are you parsing on the fleet or your ship dummy? Usually on a ship dummy since there's no movement or anything to worry about APM's should be up to ~40. If you look at my 2 parses(1 under kills and 1 under deaths) my APM's are at 39.7 and 40.5. If you're on your ship dummy, are you waiting until the GCD comes off before using abilities? I have a slight edge since I use the Razor SWToR mouse, but I'm literally spamming my next move prior to GCD coming off so there's the minimal amount of time. You can also turn on ability queue-ing and pre-queue your next ability as well.

2nd thing I noticed is you are using smash without Dominate proc'd. That will be a big help. You only had 86.78% crit on Smash. That should be 100%. I mess up sometimes myself and get one without Dominate. But it should never be lower than ~98%.(obviously you want it a perfect 100) It can get frustrating since SerAss relic's proc looks identical to Dominate as well as your clicky powers icon. Wish they'd change those icons personally.

3rd thing is your miss %. It seems kinda high all things considered. Especially since you missed 1.89% with Smash. That will crush your dps since it's your hardest hitter and CP doesn't proc if Smash records no dmg. From the way I've seen it work, I can only assume they coded it and linked CP to Shockwave. Since if a smash misses or hits nothing at all you don't lose shockwave and you don't gain CP. To get myself as close to 100% without going over I used 1 ACC aug btw.

my opener is the following;

Enrage> Charge> Smash > F.Crush > Ravage > Scream > obliterate> sunder

That brings you back to Smash as your next ability. After then it becomes your priority rotation. You spam V. Slash when everything is on CD. You want to use your abilities with cd's as close to them coming off of CD as possible.

My priority list is kinda weird/funky. I have specific times I use abilities. F. Crush should always be your first move after smash when it's off cd(every other smash). my 2nd move is Ravage when possible. Followed by Scream and then Obliterate. But this is my after smash priority list;

With CP up;

F. Crush(this is first because the entire DoT duration will get the affect of CP)

Ravage

Scream

Obliterate

Sunder

V.Slash

Now cd's don't always line up perfectly so you won't always get to use those during a CP or even in that order. I will hold an abiltity with a cd for about 2s total if smash is almost off cd. Otherwise I use them asap. Ravage will be held if smash is within 3s. but no more. Sometimes you'll have ravage come off cd as your 3rd ability during CP. Even tho CP falls off before the last tick you still use it. Basically if you hold CD abilities too long you start to lose uses of those abilities. At the end of a boss fight that's 6mins or more, holding abilities for long durations adds up to a lot of missed uses.

Str 3257

Power 1379

Dmg(Pri) 1520-1771

ACC 99.91%; 109.91%

Crit 19.49%; 26.01%

Surge 85.94%

since I'm Bio I also use adrenals for dummy parses. I haven't parsed in a while tho. Both of those up are about a month old or so. My best parse for a 5min run has been 2866dps in my current setup. Still working to get it higher but mostly waiting on my last 2 UW pieces. (or some KD pieces as well. but I think I could prob get to ~2900 if I had my UW relic and ear and at least decent RNG on crit)

Wow! That is some good stuff and I'll definitely be trying to improve based on your input!

I use my ship dummy so for the low APM I guess I'm just thinking things too long being new to Rage.

As for the misses, my ACC is at 109.5% (5 lvl 72 ACC pieces) so I dont know why my miss pct is so high. If it keeps doing that I'll try a ACC Aug eventhough I'd hate to miss out on the extra bonus damage.

Again thanks for the detailed guide!

Wow! That is some good stuff and I'll definitely be trying to improve based on your input!

I use my ship dummy so for the low APM I guess I'm just thinking things too long being new to Rage.

As for the misses, my ACC is at 109.5% (5 lvl 72 ACC pieces) so I dont know why my miss pct is so high. If it keeps doing that I'll try a ACC Aug eventhough I'd hate to miss out on the extra bonus damage.

Again thanks for the detailed guide!

I felt the same way too about the bonus dmg lost from swapping an Aug. But not missing especially on a Smash or F.Crush is really important. Keep me posted on your progress. :)

I felt the same way too about the bonus dmg lost from swapping an Aug. But not missing especially on a Smash or F.Crush is really important. Keep me posted on your progress. :)

Doing a little better now:

http://www.torparse.com/a/338407/4/0/Damage+Dealt

I think when I crack 2500~2600 I'll start raiding with this.

I increased the ability que time to 0.75 and I didn't think I had any lag between abilities but I still couldn't get my APM close to 40 (currently 36.3).

I guess its just a matter of practice.

Question: Do you include V.Throw in your rotation at all when not fighting the dummy?

Let me know if you notice anything else I'm not doing "optimally"

Again thanks!

Edited by mlambros

Doing a little better now:

http://www.torparse.com/a/338407/4/0/Damage+Dealt

I think when I crack 2500~2600 I'll start raiding with this.

I increased the ability que time to 0.75 and I didn't think I had any lag between abilities but I still couldn't get my APM close to 40 (currently 36.3).

I guess its just a matter of practice.

Question: Do you include V.Throw in your rotation at all when not fighting the dummy?

Let me know if you notice anything else I'm not doing "optimally"

Again thanks!

Looking better. Not sure what's causing the APM issue tho.

Only saw minor things that should get cleared up by just practicing. So that's what I'd suggest at this point. Just keep practicing until you don't have to think about your next move. Hopefully that'll help clear up the APM issue as well. Plus you got your Smash to 98% crit so that is a lot better. :) Keep it up, and with more practice you should be breaking 2700 easily.

V.Throw I never talk about only because I assume everyone knows to use it on cd whenever possible. The only thing I do above that is F.Crush, Obliterate, and Smash. Otherwise I prioritize V.Throw above all else.

edit - Looked at it again when I had a few more minutes. You smashed without Shockwave stacks also. I didn't see how many total, but at 384s is the first one, and a 2nd at 406s. There should've been an Enrage that round(both) since the previous smash was used in conjunction with a F.Crush. But to fix that just remember you should be using F.Crush and then Enrage every other Smash. So since the opener is Enrage, your 2nd will be F.crush, 3rd Enrage, 4th F.crush and so on. Also remember Enrage doesn't work on the GCD so you can trigger it at any time(except during Ravage channel) so even if Smash is off CD in 1s you can still pop Enrage and not prevent yourself from using Smash with full stacks the second it's off cd.

Edited by Scooch

Looking better. Not sure what's causing the APM issue tho.

Only saw minor things that should get cleared up by just practicing. So that's what I'd suggest at this point. Just keep practicing until you don't have to think about your next move. Hopefully that'll help clear up the APM issue as well. Plus you got your Smash to 98% crit so that is a lot better. :) Keep it up, and with more practice you should be breaking 2700 easily.

V.Throw I never talk about only because I assume everyone knows to use it on cd whenever possible. The only thing I do above that is F.Crush, Obliterate, and Smash. Otherwise I prioritize V.Throw above all else.

edit - Looked at it again when I had a few more minutes. You smashed without Shockwave stacks also. I didn't see how many total, but at 384s is the first one, and a 2nd at 406s. There should've been an Enrage that round(both) since the previous smash was used in conjunction with a F.Crush. But to fix that just remember you should be using F.Crush and then Enrage every other Smash. So since the opener is Enrage, your 2nd will be F.crush, 3rd Enrage, 4th F.crush and so on. Also remember Enrage doesn't work on the GCD so you can trigger it at any time(except during Ravage channel) so even if Smash is off CD in 1s you can still pop Enrage and not prevent yourself from using Smash with full stacks the second it's off cd.

Best one to date:

http://www.torparse.com/a/339853/48/0/Damage+Dealt

If I had kept it at 5 mins it would have been over 2600.

I increased the ability que to 1.0 and it helped my abilities come off really fast. Despite this APM is still at 36.85 and I still don't know why i can't get it closer to 40.

Did some Makeb dailies with Rage and to me it feels so much more fluid than Vengeance. I love how mobs just drop like flies and it is still very good on single target.

As for your comments, I do know that I'm supposed to alternate Crush and Enrage between Smashes but I'm still thinking things out too much that's why everything still looks sloppy. I think the muscle memory will kick in soon though!

Again thanks for your help!

I will definitely by trying this on my next Ops run!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.