One Login to Rule Them All

KarterJK

Christ Almighty,

It is driving me crazy, I need to login into forum, I need to login into game, I need to login to view my account, I need to login to view my store. EVEN AFTER I AM LOGGED IN

You even want us to add a third layer and then purchase a physical key!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is insanity, and the one time password is a F***ING Nightmare, BioWare this is a game not Fort Knox

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE backoff the Security BS, I just want to play a game, not be imprisoned by your obsessions.

Edited by KarterJK

I'm a bit lost. You log in at the game launcher, then select your character. I choose to never log out of the forums so I don't have to worry about that bit, & then if I ever do should I want to check my account settings or what have you, I just had Chrome remember my credentials. & getting irked about the Security Key is nonsense because it is 100% optional.

Doesn't seem to be much of a hassle on my end.

I'm a bit lost. You log in at the game launcher, then select your character. I choose to never log out of the forums so I don't have to worry about that bit, & then if I ever do should I want to check my account settings or what have you, I just had Chrome remember my credentials. & getting irked about the Security Key is nonsense because it is 100% optional.

Doesn't seem to be much of a hassle on my end.

To be fair, with the advent of one time passwords, the security key is no longer 100% optional

I do have to wonder... whatever happened to the concept of account security being the player's responsibility?

The concept died when it cost the game publisher time and money to fix player accounts that were hacked.. Be it weak security or player laziness and stupidity.. Sadly people are fooled by those phishing emails.. They give their account info to someone else and lose their accounts..

People should be thankful about the security here.. I have yet to hear about a confirmed case of someone's accounts being hacked.. I don't get any phishing emails wanting me to go to some obscure website and login, thereby giving someone else my login info.. I get those for WOW, Runescape, and others.. I don't even have a runescape account..

What I find sad is that people complain about the hassle of logging in.. Can we assume they won't complain about the hassle of getting their account and stuff back if their account is hacked?? Can we also assume that people won't complain about the lack of security that allowed their account to be hacked?? Can we assume they won't complain about their own stupidity for giving someone else their account information?? I am pretty sure nobody will complain about their own stupidity.. It is always easier to blame someone else.. In this case Bioware..

The security here is fine.. It works.. Yes it can be a pain at times.. But I would rather deal with the hassle of logging in and using a security key, than dealing with my account being hacked and taken from me..

Just saying.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

To be fair, with the advent of one time passwords, the security key is no longer 100% optional

i have only had to use a 1TP once. (change your internet options to not erase cookies and all that jazz)

i dont have a security key.

The security here is fine.. It works.. Yes it can be a pain at times.. But I would rather deal with the hassle of logging in and using a security key, than dealing with my account being hacked and taken from me..

Just saying.. :)

That's the thing, it doesn't work.

People quite often have to wait 24 hours for their 'one time password'.

Also keep in mind that security keys and one time passwords are no guarantee of not being hacked. Do a google. World of Warcraft accounts with authenticators and Steam accounts with Steamguard have been hacked.

I personally have a security key on my account because it's more convenientthan not having one. Account security and computer security is still my responsibility. Not Bioware's , Not Blizzard's. Not Valve's. Mine. And i take my computer security seriously.

That's the thing, it doesn't work.

People quite often have to wait 24 hours for their 'one time password'.

Also keep in mind that security keys and one time passwords are no guarantee of not being hacked. Do a google. World of Warcraft accounts with authenticators and Steam accounts with Steamguard have been hacked.

I personally have a security key on my account because it's more convenientthan not having one. Account security and computer security is still my responsibility. Not Bioware's , Not Blizzard's. Not Valve's. Mine. And i take my computer security seriously.

I have never had to use a one time password.. Is it really Bioware's fault someone forgets their login information??

It does work.. It works perfectly.. People shouldn't be blaming Bioware here.. They should be looking in the mirror and wondering why they don't take their account security as seriously as Bioware....

You are wrong again.. Account security is more Biowares responsibility than it is ours.. You use a bank ATM, who's job is it to make sure you transactions are safe and secure.. The banks.. Bioware has the responsibility of making sure that the security is in place to keep our accounts safe.. Our responsibility is to use the tools they give us to make sure our accounts are safe.. This would include not doing something stupid like give our login info to someone else.. Or forget our login information.. It would be Bioware's responsibility to clean up any mess that occurs if an account is hacked.. Not yours...

Are you seriously telling us that if your account is hacked, it would be your job and responsibility to fix it?? I doubt that.. You know better..

The one time use password system may have some issues.. But is it the single use password system having issues, or people attemping to exploit it.. The security works great.. Account security here is one of the best out of any MMO.. :)

Edit: I also have a security key.. It came with the Collectors Edition..

Edited by MajikMyst