The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Should they make Old Republic movies?

An old republic movie would be amazing. We have enough back story from books, and comics, video games and more to go on and make a movie.

I really would like to see maybe a mini series of movies made just off the many class stories in SWTOR. Obviously, more detailed and what not. But, that's just me.

Personally I have mixed feelings on this I'd like to see old republic movies. Maybe based off of kotor and kotor 2. But at the same time it feels like they've grinded the old republic era enough. Though if they did make movies they should be spin offs rather than sequels

I have not seen anything that said the script was going to be based of Lucas' original. The story is new ans has not been written as of yet. It is also to be set 30 ABY, from everything I have read. Plenty of room for the film to add something new to the universe and still NOT retconn much of the EU. All this talk of wiping out the EU is nothing but speculation at this point. We have no actual official information, and I have read a lot that is out there.

Now onto the original topic...yes, they should do some Old Republic movies. There is plenty of room for them that won't require retconning anything. Only time will tell us whether or not we get a few.

Definitely wouldn't want any Old republic movies. We need at least some part of the EU "canon" after Episode 7. You can bet money that if a "Old republic" movie were to ever be released then say goodbye to a lot of EU. You might get a Darth Ruin/Bane story but the problem is it'll be entirely different then what was shown in the novels.

Do you really want that to happen?

Edited by Girdeux