Hybrid DPS help

Okay....

I know the spec used by the 2 highest DPS vanguards on torparse is a 2/22/22 spec (or at least it is for the second place guy on the training dummy at the time of this post, one Thoric)

Now I have attempted this spec on my VG.... And I have major ammo issues. Like I get to start with max ammo and 3 stacks of the buff. But like... I don't get how the hell they keep their ammo up over a 5 minute burn, I'm having trouble with a freakign 1.5 minute burn. I will admit that the spec shows incredible promise in terms of DPS as when I looked over before I hit ammo issues I was sitting around 2.2k, then I hit ammo issues and it dropped like a hammer to sit around 1.6k by the end of the burn.

Anyone familiar with the spec want to help with ammo management....

Thanks~

Edited by ZentheSecond

Okay....

I know the spec used by the 2 highest DPS vanguards on torparse is a 2/22/22 spec (or at least it is for the second place guy on the training dummy at the time of this post, one Thoric)

Now I have attempted this spec on my VG.... And I have major ammo issues. Like I get to start with max ammo and 3 stacks of the buff. But like... I don't get how the hell they keep their ammo up over a 5 minute burn, I'm having trouble with a freakign 1.5 minute burn. I will admit that the spec shows incredible promise in terms of DPS as when I looked over before I hit ammo issues I was sitting around 2.2k, then I hit ammo issues and it dropped like a hammer to sit around 1.6k by the end of the burn.

Anyone familiar with the spec want to help with ammo management....

Thanks~

Don't use Incendiary Round. That's probably the issue right there.

Outside of IR, ammo management can be a bit of a pain if you get unlucky on your Stockstrike and High Impact Bolt procs, especially if that unluckiness coincides with getting your third stack for Pulse Cannon. Be aggressive about your ammo management CDs.

Don't use Incendiary Round. That's probably the issue right there.

Outside of IR, ammo management can be a bit of a pain if you get unlucky on your Stockstrike and High Impact Bolt procs, especially if that unluckiness coincides with getting your third stack for Pulse Cannon. Be aggressive about your ammo management CDs.

But the log has him using IR...

Not often but often enough

I may just need to play the spec more I've been Tactics spec for the longest time, so very use to that rotation and such.

Okay....

Actually i should be first with a 3051 parse, but it hasnt been update yet.

When you say burst you mean no hammer shot ? because it is impossible, we are not sages or slingers, we do need to do hammer shot once in a while.

I did my first Hammer shot in the 50th second. And that was a parse with lucky procs.

This spec is actually the most ammo friendly spec, as in the spec that requires the least amount of hammer shots, because you have 2 procs that give you free abilites, Stock strike and HiB.

The only trick is keeping the ammo between 60-99% at all times, this way you have the maximum regeneration rate and you dont waste any surplus of ammo either.

It is all in the practice, i dont think you have a lvl 55 vanguard for long, so with time you will get used to the rotation.

Practice makes perfect.

Incendiary round needs to be on the target as often as you can afford, but it is pretty low in the priority list.

Not using it at all is a dps loss.

Edited by MoJozor

Actually i should be first with a 3051 parse, but it hasnt been update yet.

When you say burst you mean no hammer shot ? because it is impossible, we are not sages or slingers, we do need to do hammer shot once in a while.

I did my first Hammer shot in the 50th second. And that was a parse with lucky procs.

This spec is actually the most ammo friendly spec, as in the spec that requires the least amount of hammer shots, because you have 2 procs that give you free abilites, Stock strike and HiB.

The only trick is keeping the ammo between 60-99% at all times, this way you have the maximum regeneration rate and you dont waste any surplus of ammo either.

It is all in the practice, i dont think you have a lvl 55 vanguard for long, so with time you will get used to the rotation.

Practice makes perfect.

Incendiary round needs to be on the target as often as you can afford, but it is pretty low in the priority list.

Not using it at all is a dps loss.

Hmm.

See maybe I'm just playing the spec wrong completely. Like I said, or think I said, I spent most of my time leveling and my time doing Ops as a full Tactics spec. Which defiantly has very low ammo issues, with 8 being regenerated every couple seconds and low ammo cost for the majority of its abilities. I will defiantly be trying the spec a bit more, possibly take it into an Operation or two of the classic ones before bringing it into SV and TfB as for those I feel more comfortable in Tactics.

Do you have a basic rotation/priority list... Or have posted it already and happen to have a link to it on hand.