The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CM Items NOT Tied to Legacy

In light of recent conversations, I am going to deliver my ideas / feedback for BW/EA. This will likely be flamed and shredded. But, since I am not responding to "real gamers", and am simply thinking about things I would like to see, here is my list:

1. Level Cap Token - 10k Cartel Coins / 3 month cooldown: Allows player to instantly grant one character levels bringing him or her up to lvl 55. You would still have to go back and run class missions to get your companion. This would simply be an additional option.

2. Tauntaun Ram Mount - 1800 Cartel Coins: Allows the riding of a full size Tauntaun. Available in White, Grey, or light brown. You could still ride speeders and even add other animal mounts like Banthas. This would be an additional option.

3. R2-D2 companion skin for T7 - 600 Cartel Coins: Makes T7 look like R2. You could retain T7s original look if you choose. This would be an additional option.

4. Luke's Landspeeder - 2250 Cartel Coins: Adjusts to piloting speed and allows companion to ride with you. You can still use regular speeders, this would be an additional option.

5. Quick Travel Terminal for your ship - 750 Cartel Coins: Allows you to go directly to your ship and shares the same global cooldown as other quick travel terminals. Would speed things up when it is time to leave the planet. You could still run through the spaceport if you choose, but this would be an additional option.

Feel free to add more options if you have any. I like giving people choices, especially those they are willing to spend money on. I'll respond to constructive questions. Have a great day!

In light of recent conversations, I am going to deliver my ideas / feedback for BW/EA. This will likely be flamed and shredded. But, since I am not responding to "real gamers", and am simply thinking about things I would like to see, here is my list:

1. Level Cap Token - 10k Cartel Coins / 3 month cooldown: Allows player to instantly grant one character levels bringing him or her up to lvl 55. You would still have to go back and run class missions to get your companion. This would simply be an additional option.

2. Tauntaun Ram Mount - 1800 Cartel Coins: Allows the riding of a full size Tauntaun. Available in White, Grey, or light brown. You could still ride speeders and even add other animal mounts like Banthas. This would be an additional option.

3. R2-D2 companion skin for T7 - 600 Cartel Coins: Makes T7 look like R2. You could retain T7s original look if you choose. This would be an additional option.

4. Luke's Landspeeder - 2250 Cartel Coins: Adjusts to piloting speed and allows companion to ride with you. You can still use regular speeders, this would be an additional option.

5. Quick Travel Terminal for your ship - 750 Cartel Coins: Allows you to go directly to your ship and shares the same global cooldown as other quick travel terminals. Would speed things up when it is time to leave the planet. You could still run through the spaceport if you choose, but this would be an additional option.

Feel free to add more options if you have any. I like giving people choices, especially those they are willing to spend money on. I'll respond to constructive questions. Have a great day!

You lost me at a Level Cap Token. Most retarded, lazy *** idea I have ever seen. Someone needs to level up their little 30 jedi... and get him off Nar Shadaa.... however I do like 2-4.

Edited by Desolaytore

I was going to type a sarcastic answer but I changed my mind and decided to answer in a civilized and rational manner.

1. Level Cap Token would kill levelling and making alts. Cooldown or no cooldown, for the average player it takes about 2 months to get a character to 55 if he stops to do all quests along the way. Then it's about 3 weeks to get a full set of starting gear for PvP and PvE for that character. That means that the cooldown is almost ready to skip another leveling experience.

An insta-55 player would have no gear to speak of. He would have no experience playing his class and would most likely fail at first in any aspect of the game. He would be a burden for his team members, for those people who actually took the time to learn their class. Leveling is there for a good reason. It is supposed to teach you how to handle the character you play.

The gear aspect could only be fixed by selling a set of starter gear. Gear for money = pay-to-win. The ensuing rage over this would probably make a lot of people quit.

2. Animal mounts is a great idea! I would absolutely support something like this. But since you're so devoted to giving people choices, how about we allow players to actually tame a tauntaun or a bantha in the game, using rare items scavenged on different worlds? (Like how you capture the tauntaun pet on Hoth.)

Feel free to just add one to the Cartel Market but would it be too much to ask for an in-game way to acquire such mounts (probably a different color from the CM one) by actually going out there and interacting with the environment?

There are plenty of wild tauntauns and banthas and varactyls in the game. Give us a way to tame them!

3. Companion skins can be added to the CM. I doubt there would be any fuss over those.

4. Two-player landspeeders could work the same way as the Tauntaun mount above. Buy one from the CM for a high price or go to planets, find the parts and put them together yourself for a similar speeder of a different color. These parts could be added to GSI dig sites. This way, Cartel heroes could have their instant gratification and people who actually want to play the game could go to different planets and find the parts for themselves.

Options for everyone, right?

5. It's already in the game. It's called a ship pass.

2. Animal mounts is a great idea! I would absolutely support something like this. But since you're so devoted to giving people choices, how about we allow players to actually tame a tauntaun or a bantha in the game, using rare items scavenged on different worlds? (Like how you capture the tauntaun pet on Hoth.)

Feel free to just add one to the Cartel Market but would it be too much to ask for an in-game way to acquire such mounts (probably a different color from the CM one) by actually going out there and interacting with the environment?

There are plenty of wild tauntauns and banthas and varactyls in the game. Give us a way to tame them!

CM is good and all but yeah, I want things to acquire/earn the old MMO way instead of just throwing money to the Market.

Rather than an "insta-55" token, how about an unlock which allows the earning/accumulation of "off-line levels" similar to Age of Conan?

How it would work is after you unlock the option, you gain 1 level every 3-4 days, which can be applied to any character of your choosing, above level 20 (which is just after you leave your capital planet). Additionally, you can gain extra levels when playing a certain amount of time on other characters. Like 1 level for each 8-10 hours of playtime on another character.

This would achieve the goal of the OP, in allowing alts to be leveled without the need to do all the sidequests, and much more efficiently, without doing the Pass Go, Collect Max Level Character routine.

Thoughts?

Rather than an "insta-55" token, how about an unlock which allows the earning/accumulation of "off-line levels" similar to Age of Conan?

How it would work is after you unlock the option, you gain 1 level every 3-4 days, which can be applied to any character of your choosing, above level 20 (which is just after you leave your capital planet). Additionally, you can gain extra levels when playing a certain amount of time on other characters. Like 1 level for each 8-10 hours of playtime on another character.

This would achieve the goal of the OP, in allowing alts to be leveled without the need to do all the sidequests, and much more efficiently, without doing the Pass Go, Collect Max Level Character routine.

Thoughts?

Still lame. This game is story driven not "race to endgame" driven.

4. Two-player landspeeders could work the same way as the Tauntaun mount above. Buy one from the CM for a high price or go to planets, find the parts and put them together yourself for a similar speeder of a different color. These parts could be added to GSI dig sites. This way, Cartel heroes could have their instant gratification and people who actually want to play the game could go to different planets and find the parts for themselves.

Options for everyone, right?

I like that idea.