No attractive tanking relics

KurtDunn

So I have a token for a tanking relic, but I can't decide what I should get.

The click-defense relics (particularly for guardians), only provide a 3.75-4% increase to defense chance for 20 seconds out of every 2 minutes. The same potential amount of time that proc-defense relics can be used.

Which, if procs occur as frequently as they, the proc-defense relic will be up for the same amount of time, but this is where it gets tricky. Chances are they won't proc every time all the time they're able to, so there will be less time. But they are the only relics with +defense on them.

Then you have the shield/absorb-clicky relic, or the absorb-proc relic... Both of which don't seem to be useful for a Guardian/Jugg tank. But on the other hand I am prioritizing defense so much that it is surely highest into the diminishing returns. So would I want to get a proc/cooldown that gives me boatloads of not-defense?

The proc defense is a great relic (I use UW Proc Defense and UW S/A clicky as a powertech) and procs very close to as often as possible, as long as you're taking hits obviously. I have always liked the shield/absorb clickies because shield is the stat that makes your damage more smooth (defense and absorb make it more spikey) and most of the times you need an extra CD, it's because your healers are taxed and that smoother damage allows them to get you back topped off.

When you make posts like this, you really should specify which token you got and have your AMR profile linked so that people can point out what you might be missing or which relic would suit your gear best.