Transfer Effect on PvP????

I don't want to start a crazy ragewar or anything, but I'd like some other opinions on the matter.

For many months now, the Empire has dominated POT5 PvP. The Imp population basically outnumbered Pubs 5:3, at least (this is supported by the outcome of Cilas' various world pvp events).

My main is a Pub, and recently I decided that I'd move myself and my guild to the Imp faction. It has a broader recruitment base, more unguilded players, an active PvP environment, etc. However, since the server transfers have come out, it seems like the Imp PvP has been diluted too! The Imps might number more than Pubs, but now they suck just as bad.

Do you think this is just a strange twist of fate, or if transfers are actually helping Pubs/hurting Imps? I have geared 55 Pubs and several lowbies on both sides, so I'm very aware of the PvP state.

I posted this on the PvP Forum too, just a heads up ^^ :rak_01:

It seems to me that general pvpers transferred over to Pot5 and went imperial (of course) for the RP, population, lightning spamming abilities etc etc. However, the RATED PVP teams from other servers came over here because they knew republic was the underdog and that there would be more competition for them.

For that reason, it seems like imperials got more players, but republic got more quality players.

It seems to me that general pvpers transferred over to Pot5 and went imperial (of course) for the RP, population, lightning spamming abilities etc etc. However, the RATED PVP teams from other servers came over here because they knew republic was the underdog and that there would be more competition for them.

For that reason, it seems like imperials got more players, but republic got more quality players.

^^Nice way to put it^^

Its nice to have a good balance.

I definitely agree with Soulcaster on this from a pub perspective. With the exception of the higher incidence of quitters, the reg matches that go to completion with 8v8 have been very fun and competitive! There seems to be a reasonable distribution of ranked team players, average players, and below-average players in most matches. My guild in general has enjoyed running pre-mades and learning how to work together with the guidance of more experienced ranked team members on the server that run regs to warm up. All in all the transfers have had a positive impact on pub pvp. Edited by DocZoloft

I play at off times because I am deployed and this is one reason I can’t do or speak of ranked. However, I do a lot of reg WZ’s and I have definitely noticed they are way more competitive since the transfers. I notice more people playing objectives, more tanks guarding, and way more healers. We still have the quitters but we also have a lot less raging in WZ chat. I would say the REP got some really quality players and it has helped level the playing field IMO.

the RATED PVP teams from other servers came over here because they knew republic was the underdog and that there would be more competition for them..

pretty sure the rated transfers could care less about faction. it could only impact recruitment base anyway, and if you already have a team when you transfer... :)

I'm sticking with the Pub faction for meh guild. The increase of players, SKILLED players mind you, is a good thing. The WZs are leveling themselves out. The only issue at this point is the lack of Republic participation in WPvP events, but I think in time that will fix itself.

Honestly, I'm surprised so many transferred here. I thought POT5 was infamous for its declining state of PvP, but I could be wrong lol.

I'm sticking with the Pub faction for meh guild. The increase of players, SKILLED players mind you, is a good thing. The WZs are leveling themselves out. The only issue at this point is the lack of Republic participation in WPvP events, but I think in time that will fix itself.

Honestly, I'm surprised so many transferred here. I thought POT5 was infamous for its declining state of PvP, but I could be wrong lol.

Well, that's probably because people who ended up on PvE servers found themselves PvPing more than anything. It's also safe to say the PvP on PvE servers was in a great decline. I know back on the server I came from people where content with flooding regular WZs with premades but kept making excuses to do ranked. Hell, some guilds would have two or three groups running regular WZs but wouldn't bother doing ranked.

Well, that's probably because people who ended up on PvE servers found themselves PvPing more than anything. It's also safe to say the PvP on PvE servers was in a great decline. I know back on the server I came from people where content with flooding regular WZs with premades but kept making excuses to do ranked. Hell, some guilds would have two or three groups running regular WZs but wouldn't bother doing ranked.

Well this sounds eerily familiar.

And now that ID has left shadowlands and LD has left JC, you see 4 or 5 teams popping up on both servers :rak_confused:

Edited by EnzoForMe

pretty sure the rated transfers could care less about faction. it could only impact recruitment base anyway, and if you already have a team when you transfer... :)

Well yes, however they could have transferred to a server like bastion, where i hear the republic is stomping the imperials. They probably chose not to because why overpopulate an already dominant faction? This entire thread of course is speculation, along with my guestimation.

Well yes, however they could have transferred to a server like bastion, where i hear the republic is stomping the imperials. They probably chose not to because why overpopulate an already dominant faction? This entire thread of course is speculation, along with my guestimation.

pretty sure sever lag/ping > faction balance for any competent rated team. transferring solo, your scenario would make more sense.

People go to the server where they have the best ping. So, coincidence I'd say.

Well this sounds eerily familiar.

And now that ID has left shadowlands and LD has left JC, you see 4 or 5 teams popping up on both servers :rak_confused:

Olol, yep. Although, I think it's about ten on Shadowlands. Of course, I love how some of the teams doing ranked now have people that did nothing but criticize and troll ID. :confused:

I bet rank will die on both servers once another team rises up and becomes the dominant guild. Then the butt hurt comments start all over again. :(

People go to the server where they have the best ping. So, coincidence I'd say.

Olol, yep. Although, I think it's about ten on Shadowlands. Of course, I love how some of the teams doing ranked now have people that did nothing but criticize and troll ID. :confused:

I bet rank will die on both servers once another team rises up and becomes the dominant guild. Then the butt hurt comments start all over again. :(

That is of course, to be expected.