[Suggestion] New WZ Idea and Daily area

Moutlael

I am an old WOW player, and will probably get flamed for this type of a post, but I would love to have an area like Tol Barad or Wintergrasp in SWToR. Daily PvP quest hub with a Huge Faction vs Faction obstacle challange every X hours. Control the hub and you get access to a few more daily quests. I loved the Tol Barad fights, usually took good strategy to win the match either attacking or defending. Also I would like to see a larger map with a Capture the Flag type of objective. I'm sure this has been posted in the forums before but nice to see fresh thoughts. How about a 16+ vs 16+ WZ like Alterac Valley. Just some ideas. What say you?

Those ideas are very good my friend, even though most people will complain about taking ideas from other MMOs, especially WoW (eventually they realise all heavily played MMOs these days are based off WoW) and that WoW was based off the many MMOs that were around before it.

Daily PvP area would give the much needed Open world PvP SWTOR has lacked since Ilum was shut down for good, of course most of it was a zerg fest and pointless, though it was good fun. The only limitation of this kind of PvP is that in servers where there's a dominant faction like on mine, where the republic facerolls the empire 24/7, I can see a lot of QQ'ers rerolling factions to be able to farm whatever that daily area provides.

As for 16 vs 16 warzones/battlegrounds, it could go either way to be perfectly honest. Having a 16 man group increases your chance of being grouped with baddies and the group coordination would be harder than the current 8 vs 8 setup, ultimately I believe smaller groups would be far better off as the chances of being grouped with baddies when pug'ing would be lower as well.

I would like to see that kind of battle for control of a specific region or resource that provides daily/weekly missions for whichever faction/guild wins it, it would be a nice revamp of the pvp side of this game, which has been given exactly 1 warzone since launch.

I'd love to see any kind of WvW in this game.

Some community players create Wvw themselves as is beeing done on some servers and apparently its possible, but lets be honest, most people are lazy as **** and at some point keep organising stuff in a game seems more like work then enjoying the game especially the events that people organise on server wide scale.

Besides that doing something similar as what these players are doing and just put in a daily or weekly mission for that can't be that hard can it ??

Bioware/EA should let the people that organise this stuff play for free and give them some extra's besides that, that's the least they can do.

Right now they just let them do and they are very happy because they don't have to put any work in it but it does keep more players in their game ...

Edited by Jorojus

I am an old WOW player, and will probably get flamed for this type of a post, but I would love to have an area like Tol Barad or Wintergrasp in SWToR...

Not at all, would love to see a SWTORintergrasp. Not so keen on Tol Barad, always seemed to be a rotating zerg rush between the three points. But +++ on the Wintergrasp. You could have player-controlled AT AT vehicles, laser cannons, artillery... destroying the fortifications to seize the PVP vendors until the next cycle... hey, Bolster would mean anyone could jump in... make it max 20-man per side with a 4-man cap on groups like warzones...*drools on self*

Edited by Wainamoinen