Addons/Additions we NEED

I don't need a dps meter, i as a former raid leader, raider and what not. Simply want a combat log - We all know dps meters are things majority of the gaming populace can't read or put in context so i don't really bother with that.

But not knowing where the damage came from or not being able to optimize priorities in your skills and perhaps even remove some especially with the lack of space on your bars is an annoyance.

Regards to the GCD. not sure if people are aware but that's a mechanic that is not done to annoy you or slow you down but to give the server some breathing room. The developers often want it as low as possible but above the point that it will cost the server stability. Asking for it to be reduced on -all- abilities is something i simply don't see happening.

For the rest beter hotbars and more freedom with them in addition to target of target, what is something that i welcome a lot due to being a tank.

In addition to that beter raid/team frames, a UI that doesn't bug out and stops updating :) and ofcourse mouseover macros would be a welcomed sight.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god yes. Wow, I didn't even bother to try and make macros yet, though that's really disheartening that they don't even have that. Do they want us to click on our buttons?!

Or learn your skill combos and actually press a key or 2 more...

There are 48 slots for different skills, You just need to learn to prioritize what needs to be where to be most effective for you. If your using keybinds then you should have no issues at all.

I can see the reason people are putting forward for wanting dps meters but saying it is a "must have" is wrong.

I think that not having them is good as there is no blame at all because elitists can't turn around and go "more dps or ****". I think not having meters will bring groups closer together as your not measured as numbers your measured as a person.

Action bars and Raid frame mods will be a welcome thing to me, as well as some other general UI customization to make my health bars bigger and just some better placement for things for healers and tanks.

DPS meters arent completly "must have" or I cant raid. But they do help and I like having them.

As a tank a Threat Meter is something I really like to have just so I know who to yell at during a fight because they pew pew their little heart out so hard they kill themselves. :)

And my guild has a lot of new players in the MMO world so things like these help them keep and eye on how they are doing easier than combat logs.

Agree with OP on DPS meters and action bars

In a raid how else would you know where the DPS problems are coming from? And for those who say DPS meters can be used to abuse other players then thats down to the players and not the fault of the meters. It's like blaming a bad job on the tools rather than the craftsman. Surely everyone will understand that different classes will perform differently on different content? Obviously they would be extremely valuable from a personal level.

And action bars... yes! It's even useful to have a smaller action bar to track cool downs.

I DO NOT WANT ADDONS, the way i see it, is if you need addons to do stuff for you, then you need to learn to play.

DPS meters, though can be helpful if used for yourself, but can be used to an elitist standpoint and can so ruin the experience for everyone.

If bioware put in dps meters that everyone can use and see, that will be the end of all group content for me, since right now, there is just a LFM healer or tank or dps, which is fine and understandable.

But if dps meters were put in, it would turn into 'LFM healer, tank or dps that does x amount of healing, dps or threat generation, any less gets refused.'

sorry, but i prefer to avoid that load of crap.

So, as others have said. LEARN TO PLAY.

Never really was a fan of min/maxing and theorycrafting.

All it ever did was figure out what was best, post it online, and have every one and their mom have the same cookie-cutter build.

Your DPS doesn't have to be PERFECT, it needs to be enough to kill.

To anyone and everyone who thinks Target of Target is a bad idea:

Have you even tried tanking? At all?

Sure, it's fine and dandy for DPS and even healers to not know 100% of the time what the monster is attacking... but as a tank, and especially in an AoE pull I NEED to know if everything is looking at me. And let's face it, when there's explosions and blaster-fire everywhere... I can't just casually glance at the group of mobs and see they're all hitting me.

ToT is really the only thing I think needs to be added. More doodads and chat bubbles and the like would be -very- nice, and I've even heard a rumor that chat bubbles are in the game's code and just need to be activated.

Ok, I'll start off by saying this; I NEVER SAID I WANTED ADDONS. **** WITH THAT ********. THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT ADDONS.

Damage meters are needed to perfect your class. You do not learn "skill priority" without mathematical proof as to what skill rotation provides the most damage. I do not give two ***** about how you got butthurt in WoW because someone raged at you for sucking in your PuG run. I do not play with random people, I play with the same people I've been playing online games with for years. When you get to the end-game content and start running hard/nightmare modes, you will see why this implementation is needed. Several bosses have enrage timers that cannot be met just by bashing whatever buttons you want.

I apologize for calling all of you opposers out by calling you bad, but honestly that's the only argument I've seen so far. "I dun liek dps metrs cuz i dun liek bing tol im bad."

Perhaps the feature would only show data to those who had it turned on. If someone did not want to participate in this feature, they could simply turn it off and not be shown on their own or other party members meters.

Lastly, I've yet to see a logical argument opposing the implementation of this tool for technical reasons. The community in other MMOs misused it. Guess what? No guess...

YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHO YOU PLAY WITH. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, DON'T PLAY WITH THEM.

I'll preface this by saying I'm not a WoW player, past or present.

I really agree with th OP.

I don't -need- this stuff but nitpicking that word is pointless.

You dont -need- to have fun either, if u want to be THAT technical.

Combat logs are HUGELY beneficial, and add a LOT of fun to my gameplay. I really enjoy this game but it's been SO annoying not being able to go back and look at details of a fight.

"Target of my target" is another hugely useful tool. Not as much for dps, but for healers and tanks it makes things much more intuitive and less tedious. I really dont see any reason NOT to have this.

The UI in this game is a huge disappointment. Its nowhere near the quality of the rest of the game. It really should be a LOT more customizable in everything from hotbars to chat windows to moveable/resizable windows. Everyone seems to want this, I just don't get how they dropped the ball so bad on this aspect of the game.

Understand, I don't want the game to be easier. I enjoy challenging gameplay. These changes aren't to "omg make the game easier," they are to make it less cumbersome and more fun without taking away from the skill needed to play.

Edited by Subparhero

DPS meters also have the chance of someone using them the wrong way. If the DPS meter is for you only and no one else then okay but if it has the ability for someone else to use them then no. I've known people that use that to be rude and mean to people because they didn't "measure" up to their standards and that is wrong.

your argument is flawed sir, any and everything can be used in the wrong way, you can't say something is bad when it's good out weights its bad.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are wanting dps meters so bad, how about they just set up a training station some where in the universe where you could go and try out your rotations on dummies like in WOW and see how to maximize your dps capabilities. But the side part of that is that the DPS meter would not work outside of that center so you could not compare or use it to hender people from being able to join for flashpoints or multi-player instances.

This.

No need for interrupts, you can see them. No need for avoidable dmg, you can see it. No need for healing meters, because they usually don't tell you anything when plainly looking at HPS. And I don't expect to be able to analyse data of a whole fight to find healspikes and so on.

Endgame on hardmode and nightmare (and even HC Flashpoints without gear) is heavily DPS based. If you fail to execute a correct rotation -> enrage -> wipe. I can't say that this is fun for anybody.

And whoever is crying because of DPS checks: Not needed for HC flashpoints or normal operations. And if they still demand it, don't even bother joining ;)