If you are going to just let people buy the Ewok...

TheBBP

I'm sorry can you point out to me where I said obtaining legacy lvl 40 was an accomplishment?

I have simply been pointing out the fallacy of your argument.

I could give two hoots if you can buy the ewok or if there is even a legacy requirement attached to it.

Again you have not earned anything in relation to this game. You have bought things.

Earn

1. To acquire or deserve as a result of effort or action:

Buy

1. To acquire in exchange for money or its equivalent; purchase.

My opinion seems to be the same as Merriam-Webster on this subject.

huh i got some definition for you too

earn

/ərn/

Verb

Obtain (money) in return for labor or services: "earns his living as a truck driver".

(of an activity or action) Cause (someone) to obtain (money): "the win earned them $50,000 in prize money".

earn 1 (ûrn)

tr.v. earned, earn·ing, earns

1. To gain especially for the performance of service, labor, or work: earned money by mowing lawns.

2. To acquire or deserve as a result of effort or action: She earned a reputation as a hard worker.

3. To yield as return or profit: a savings account that earns interest on deposited funds.

Idiom:

earn (one's) spurs/stripes

so yes i did "earn" the ewok via buying it with cash by proxy. your move

Edited by astrobearx

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote.... the companion is the same regardless of how you obtain it (Legacy vs CC).... but if you have Legacy 40 or higher, your companion should come with an exclusive customization that:

1- Dresses your Ewok like John Rambo.

or

2- Replaces her bowcaster with a slingslot (oh yes....)

or

3- Let's your Ewok wear a Stormtrooper helmet...

The Ewok could have an emote that let's her play percussion with a bunch of stormtrooper helmets , i would get that straight away :).

Seriously though i do feel that we need a proper yellow answer about this legacy 40 issue , we asked yesterday or the day before and nothing . It's getting tiresome.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

earn

/ərn/

Verb

Obtain (money) in return for labor or services: "earns his living as a truck driver".

(of an activity or action) Cause (someone) to obtain (money): "the win earned them $50,000 in prize money".

earn 1 (ûrn)

1. To gain especially for the performance of service, labor, or work: earned money by mowing lawns.

2. To acquire or deserve as a result of effort or action: She earned a reputation as a hard worker.

3. To yield as return or profit: a savings account that earns interest on deposited funds.

Idiom:

Thanks for proving my point! ;)

This idea could put an end to the Ewok threads IMO.

Nothing will put an end to the Ewok threads except a new rant_de_jour... which we are not due to have until next patch. Best we could hope for would be a resurrection of the dye threads to take mind off of Ewoks in the forum. :D

The Ewok could have an emote that let's her play percussion with a bunch of stormtrooper helmets , i would get that straight away :).

Seriously though i do feel that we need a proper yellow answer about this legacy 40 issue , we asked yesterday or the day before and nothing . It's getting tiresome.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

There is not a single thing in the legacy system that can't be bought with cc's Why would this be any different? I am only legacy level 10 or so and I have bought almost everything in the legacy trees, including the ship stuff that is level 25. I will also buy the ewok the day it goes live.

Edited by AzuthTheHighOne

That way everyone gets what they want.

This never happens in MMOs. There are ALWAYS people playing MMOs who are not getting what they want. I know it seems counter-intuitive.. but that is the nature of games with many many players.

At least give us two different styes of the Ewok.

Why?

This approach was not done for HK, nor any other item/feature that has a Legacy+Credit requirement.

You want to try to get precedent set over a ball of virtual fur? :)

Edited by Andryah

Thanks for proving my point! ;)

??? whaty point? we both earning the the ewok in different avenue paths?

ok, let me explain this to you

you earn it because you play the game for a year hence why it will be available to you via credits

i earn it because of the cash i earn from work hence it is a cartel market item or a CC purchase.

we both earn it, just in different ways.

Edited by astrobearx

There is not a single thing in the legacy system that can't be bought with cc's Why would this be any different? I am only legacy level 10 or so and I have bought almost everything in the legacy trees, including the ship stuff that is level 25. I will also buy the ewok the day it goes live.

So you can bypass the legacy requirement of everything with CC ? Even speeders that require a higher level of legacy ? I didn't know this even though i did buy the ship stuff with CC. When F2P hit I was already about legacy level 25 or higher. So if what you say is correct then i guess it won't have a legacy requirement of 40 if you use CC. Seems legit.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Nothing will put an end to the Ewok threads except a new rant_de_jour... which we are not due to have until next patch. Best we could hope for would be a resurrection of the dye threads to take mind off of Ewoks in the forum. :D

Wishful thinking I guess!

P.S. The dye system still sucks :o ( I couldn't resist )

So you can bypass the legacy requirement of everything with CC ? Even speeders that require a higher level of legacy ? I didn't know this even though i did buy the ship stuff with CC. When F2P hit I was already about legacy level 25 or higher. So if what you say is correct then i guess it won't have a legacy requirement of 40 if you use CC. Seems legit.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

yup, i brought he level 3 speeder on all my toons before i hit legacy legacy 25

??? whaty point? we both earning the the ewok in different avenue paths?

ok, let me explain this to you

you earn it because you play the game for a year hence why it will be available to you via credits

i earn it because of the cash i earn from work hence it is a cartel market item or a CC purchase.

we both earn it, just in different ways.

LOL

Keep digging yourself deeper ...

I will say it again 1 last time because talking to a brick wall is not something I have time for.

You earn you income/cash/money from your job

You buy Ewok with said income/cash/money

Here is a better analogy ( well maybe I'm not always the best with analogies)

A Patriots player earns a Super Bowl ring by playing in the Super Bowl

A fan buys a Super Bowl ring that is for sale at a shop with money he earned.

See the fan earned money ( not the ring ) He bought the ring.

The Player earned the ring.

How is this even an argument :confused:

I don't care if you can buy the Ewok, by 30 of them for all I care. But you are buying them not earning them.

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

LOL

Keep digging yourself deeper ...

I will say it again 1 last time because talking to a brick wall is not something I have time for.

You earn you income/cash/money from your job

You buy Ewok with said income/cash/money

Here is a better analogy ( well maybe I'm not always the best with analogies)

A Patriots player earns a Super Bowl ring by playing in the Super Bowl

A fan buys a Super Bowl ring that is for sale at a shop with money he earned.

See the fan earned money ( not the ring ) He bought the ring.

The Player earned the ring.

no that analogy doesnt work as the fan and the players doesnt have an equal opportunity to earn the same thing e.g. the fan doesnt play for the team. a better analogy would be...

two guys go to a car dealership and both wants a camaro

one guy opt to buy it outright for a huge set of money

the other guy opt to pay monthly payment.

both are earning the car, but one is doing it faster than the other.

but your point is clear, you believe that i and people like me didnt "earned" it, but you and other like you did.

no that analogy doesnt work as the fan and the players doesnt have an equal opportunity to earn the same thing e.g. the fan doesnt play for the team. a better analogy would be...

two guys go to a car dealership and both wants a camaro

one guy opt to buy it outright for a huge set of money

the other guy opt to pay monthly payment.

both are earning the car, but one is doing it faster than the other.

but your point is clear, you believe that i and people like me didnt "earned" it, but you and other like you did.

1st off I don't have any point to make other than pointing out the fallacy in your earned scenario. Never did I say people like you or others like me. You don't even know if I am lvl 40 or not. I have stated many times I don't care one way or the other... I am just trying to point out that you seemed to be confused on the definitions of earn & buy.

2nd

That analogy will not work. They are both buying the car. Neither one of them earned anything in that situation.

For that analogy to work it would have to go something like this.

Two guys go to the car dealership .

Guy 1 earns a new BMW because he put a million miles on his last one.

Guy 2 buys the car out right with cash he earned from his job.

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

earn

/ərn/

Verb

earn 1 (ûrn)

Idiom:

Definition of PROXY

: the agency, function, or office of a deputy who acts as a substitute for another

a : authority or power to act for another

b : a document giving such authority; specifically : a power of attorney authorizing a specified person to vote corporate stock

: a person authorized to act for another : procurator

— proxy adjective

you're not earning the ewok by buying it by proxy. you bought it in lieu of earning it.

lieu (lu)

n.

place; stead.

Idioms:

in lieu of, in place of; instead of: He gave us an IOU in lieu of cash.

[1250–1300; Middle English liue < Old French liu < Latin locus place]

1st off I don't have any point to make other than pointing out the fallacy in your earned scenario. Never did I say people like you or others like me. You don't even know if I am lvl 40 or not. I have stated many times I don't care one way or the other... I am just trying to point out that you seemed to be confused on the definitions of earn & buy.

2nd

That analogy will not work. They are both buying the car. Neither one of them earned anything in that situation.

For that analogy to work it would have to go something like this.

Two guys go to the car dealership .

Guy 1 earns a new BMW because he put a million miles on his last one.

Guy 2 buys the car out right with cash he earned from his job.

1. ok i admit i dont know if you have a high legacy , so stop referring to it.

2. you missed my point. both of them ARE earning the car.

BOTH of them is working their jobs to get the car. both are doing two different things to achieve the same result.

your scenario is at best weak. one guys is buying the car with the money he earned and the other guy magically get his car for free because he drove a million miles? the guy who drove didnt do anything but drive, while the other guy actually did work and contribute to society.

i have to go work, so i wont be able to respond to your answer if you dont post anything within 15 minutes, so i will respond later tonight

Edited by astrobearx

2. you missed my point. both of them ARE earning the car.

BOTH of them is working their jobs to get the car. both are doing two different things to achieve the same result.

t

Astro I did not miss your point ....... I am trying to tell you that they are not earning the car..... they are buying the car in your scenario.... They earned money from their jobs to buy the car...... How and why they are buying the car is a mute point... so one guy finances his car the other pays cash they are still buying the car. They are not ( repeat ) not earning the car....

My analogy worked because one earned the car the other bought the car.... :eek:

yup, i brought he level 3 speeder on all my toons before i hit legacy legacy 25

Could you use them though ? Or you then had to wait until you reached legacy 25 ? Just curious.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Better idea: Give us a decent companion, and give the cutie-cutie-awwwww-booboo-ewok to buyers in the cartel market.

i want the ewok.

i want a camouflage ewok.

someone brought up rambo-ewok for those who earn it (not available through cartel market). best idea ever. if they do this, i promise not to say anything negative towards EA, bioware, this game, or andryah for a full week.

Edited by curtkram