improving my dps(gunnery)

kdibuz

I've recently just started playing my commando he's 69/72s. I've been only tanking since beta and release and i wanted to try something different and raiding wise as a dps, so im still learning :p I've read up on some forums, and trying to figure out what im doing wrong with my rotation.

http://www.torparse.com/a/316217 - 2414dps

My starting rotation is relic/adrenal TO+GR+DR+EN+(RP+PG) Full auto(if proc'd) GR then HiB. and go off by priority and use full auto with each proc.

my current stats are -

Aim - 2798( un-stimmed)

Acc - 109.25% (455)

Surge - 70.86 (387)

Crit - 23.13 (57) ...idk if i should of had only 1 crit mod or just a (72) agile mod. Testing it out if i need that extra crit.

Any advice or anything will be appreciated :) thanks!

When you use TO are you casting 2 Grav Rounds or just one? If you are only casting one, and then a second later on, you are robbing yourself of dps because your HiBs aren't fully powered since it takes 3 Grav Round casts to get the full Charged Barrel buff.

Also, are you weaving Hammershot into your rotation at all?

Your APM is awfully low, you should do at least 3 attacks more per minute, up to 5 are possible.

Make sure you always stay above 60 energy for optimal energy regeneration. If you drop below the mark you find yourself doing nothing / Hammershots resulting in severe DPS loss. Furthermore, you need to stack your attacks to have a flow of attack action with minimal / no delay. To achieve this there is an option somewhere in preferences that allows you to cast an attack up to one second before its carried out. This is essential for the Commando since we have long cas times and lots of opportunity to stack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.