The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Search

Fedyken

Hey brand new player with a current level 10 Sentinal. Someone explain how the guilds work. I work long hours so i usually play late night like midnight or even later, in some cases earlier like four or five in the morning. New to online rp all together so please explain like im a five year old. I wont get offended.

Hey brand new player with a current level 10 Sentinal. Someone explain how the guilds work. I work long hours so i usually play late night like midnight or even later, in some cases earlier like four or five in the morning. New to online rp all together so please explain like im a five year old. I wont get offended.

Guilds are generally like-minded players who will come together for group content and share knowledge, help other guild members out and have fun playing the game.

You would be best to either search your Server forum for guilds that are recruiting or, since you seen to have a specific play time, look or ask around when you are in-game for guild members (you can see them by the tag under their names in these type of brackets: <GuildName> ) and ask if they are recruiting and request an invite. Finding players that are logged in when you are playing yourself will increase the availability of help from fellow guildies. Also finding a guild that suits your play style (pvp, flashpoints, end-game, casual or hard-core) is important if you want to enjoy your gaming.

Added extras of guild membership also includes Exp and Rep bonuses & access to a guild bank (access depending on your guild and it's membership structure). Membership is also by Character basis, not Legacy or Account so if you have multiple characters they will not gain membership automatically. You can also have all your characters in different guilds if you want (and you guild charter allows it).

Guilds are separated by faction, you won't have Republic and Empire together in one Guild. Although you will sometimes find reciprocate guilds on either side to allow people to play either faction and still group up with friends from the same guild.

My advice, take your time choosing a guild and don't be too worried about leaving the guild if you find it doesn't suit you. There are plenty of options out there and not all of them are good options!