The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

did obi-wan use the dark side?

in episode one after darth maul kills qui gon obi-wan looks at darth maul with this intense anger and the ferocity and agression in the saber battle following just seemed to be influenced by the dark side. also when obi-wan was hanging from the ledge again with this look on his face before slicing maul in half just seemed to be dark. ive thought about this alot and ive tried talking to friends about it but no one else seems to agree with my point of veiw. am i putting too much thought into this or is there some validity to my beliefs?

hmm so youre saying that there was dark side usage as well as light side? i knew the dark side could be used and not lead to corruption. i think its about balance not just devoting yourself to one extreme or the other. the jedi are just as blind as the sith. they both view their perspective sides of the force as separate things. dark cant destroy light and vice versa.

Before he sliced Darth Maul's saber in half he had just watched Darth Maul killed his jedi Master and friend so he was hurt and angry so he attacked him out of his hurt and anger slicing the saber in half.

When Darth Maul pushed him and he was hanging on at first he was still angry but he calmed himself and that is when he started thinking clearly and realized he could jump out of where he was hanging on and use his master's saber.

When he was angry he wasn't thinking clearly only when he calmed himself down did he start to think clearly.

Obi Wan was controlling his anger, and his fear, after he watched his master fall. He wasn't using the dark side, he was controlling it. I have never seen any instance of Obi Wan ever using the dark side... He yelled at Anakin once but that was him trying to talk some sense into a delusional kid.

I believe so, although that is not to say that obi-wan went to the darkside. He was totally outmatched and I think out of desperation he let his emotions take the better of him.

This is not to say that using the darkside easily does not come without a price. People are really confused with the term 'balance in the force'. lol. This is not a philosophy of a single user. It's rather to say that the dark force shroud has been cleared. and the force is not diminished by the darkside.

Replace the word stability with the word balance. DERP. Go read a book.