New PT tank

EpicBloood

I am posting here because I am not sure what to do.

I am level 27, shield tech, and my health < 6k

I have been using Noxxic for my talents and rotations, and all my gear is the best I have from FP drops and quest rewards. I even threw in a few mods/armorings I got from comm vendors on fleet.

So I still am very squishy though (cant live through some trash pulls in cademimu) so I am wondering what I am doing wrong. Would some of you be so kind as to give me some pointers, maybe your tree/rotation and most importantly, stat priorities?

Thanks

Don't use noxxic for anything, its terrible. Tanking is kinda weird in the lower levels, until you get all the skills and abilities at around 30-35 you will hardly be a tank at all. Just stick with it.

Use this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=632006

And this for gearing: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

Edited by Marb

Don't use noxxic for anything, its terrible. Tanking is kinda weird in the lower levels, until you get all the skills and abilities at around 30-35 you will hardly be a tank at all. Just stick with it.

Use this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=632006

And this for gearing: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

It would be nice if there were a translation of those threads into the Powertech forums so that those of us who don't have Troopers at level 55 can actually understand what some of those abilities actually do without having to level a trooper as well as a powertech...

Well, cademimu is designed for lvls 29-33, so of course you're going to have a rough time at level 27. at level 27 you should still be running mandalorian raiders. the only tips i can really offer to help you are to make sure you have commando armorings/barrels in your gear, and reflex mods. keep your gear up to date, at most 6 lvls behind you. try to get endurance heavy implants/earpieces. and make sure you're usign shield generator, and not combat generator. and make use of your energy shield, it's a great tool.

Don't use noxxic for anything, its terrible.

There isn't anything wrong with using Noxxic as a starting point. The rotation and stat priorities are usually spot on and the the talent trees, while often not ideal, give a good place to start. It's easy to hate on Noxxic because you might think you know better, but you don't.

I found leveling my Powertech the easiest as a shield tech / pyrotech hybrid. Spec up the Shield Tech tree until you get Jet Charge and the two Flame Sweep passive points next to it, then go Pyrotech. Once you get the first point in pyrotech (which should be the combustable gas one) switch from Ion Gas Cylinder to Combustable. Obviously, spec appropriately in Shield Tech (avoid passives which require Ion Gas Cylinder).

There isn't anything wrong with using Noxxic as a starting point. The rotation and stat priorities are usually spot on and the the talent trees, while often not ideal, give a good place to start. It's easy to hate on Noxxic because you might think you know better, but you don't.

You've obviously not taken the time to read This Blog, granted Noxxic has been updated in response to said blog, but that update was not nearly good enough of a job to justify using it as anything more than the most rudimentary of a starting point. It is not the site you want to go to if you are at all serious about tanking, or well for anything for that matter. It just is not any good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.